• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Medieval Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More

Rules:
  • Hax must be low; No potent ones that may act as wincons
  • Hero must be able to use a melee weapon as their primary form of combat, weapons like bows or guns are fine, but I'll be deciding that on a case by case basis
  • Hero must be relatively premodern; Again, something to be decided on a case by case basis
  • 3 characters available per user, 4 characters per verse allowed
  • AP range is 100 kilojoules to 1 mega joule
  1. Musashi Miyamoto (Vagabond); 525,787.655 J- Some dude
  2. Raider (For Honor); 376 215.81 J - Some dude
  3. Thorfinn (Vinland Saga); 100 000+ J - Oleggator
  4. Oni (Dead by Daylight); 258,322.12 J - Enderlord8
  5. Wisperwind (Das Wolkvenvolk); 100 000 J - DontTalkDT
  6. Maxwell Krauser (Anima: Beyond Fantasy); 100 000+ J - Antoniofer
  7. Composite Ruler (Crusader Kings 2); 125 000 J - Lou_change
  8. King Arthur (Monty Python); 163 000 J - Waka1979
  9. Red Sonja (Conan the Barbarian); 516 644.24 J - Waka1979
  10. Aztez (Aztez); 112 687.33 J - Oleggator
  11. Rayla (The Dragon Prince); 273 000 J - Imaginym
  12. Janai (The Dragon Prince); 273 000 J - Imaginym
  13. Guts (Berserk); 100 000++ J - Placeholder
  14. Conan the Barbarian (Conan the Barbarian); 516 644.24 J - Placeholder
  15. Robert Baratheon (A Song of Ice and Fire); 107 000 J - Placeholder
  16. Achilles (Troy); 405 917.4618 J - Waka1979

Last edited:
Thorfinn roughly scales to or even potentially above 100k joules through harming Thorkell, so he can participate.

Sealing, Summoning and Fear Manip, Soul-Based hax as well as the elementals are a little too much. I'm not against using elemental attacks, but yeah that's a bit too much for what I'm looking for

Yeah, but Thorkell vs Thorfinn is something already established in the verse, with it being both too shady currently or just a Thorkell's victory over Thorfinn.

Yeah, but Thorkell vs Thorfinn is something already established in the verse, with it being both too shady currently or just a Thorkell's victory over Thorfinn.
Would result change after both aknowledging each other? Probably not, but Thorfin have a bit more chances than previously, knowing weakness of Thorkhel.

The point is that Thorfinn was inferior to Thorkell and likely still is, he lost the size advantage and didn't improve that much, not accounting his change of mind. And using Garm to scale is wrong, the skill was different, Thorkell held back with him and the conditions aren't the same.

Also might be safer to do Thorfinn. I've seen some of Thorkell's wall feats and rough calcs yield millions of joules for him, so I think we're safe with the weaker Thorfinn

My main concern is his Type 8 Immortality, and his Fear hax. Does his passive Fear hax disable opponents? And from what I'm seeing, his Type 8 shouldn't be combat applicable right?

I don't think immortality is applicable to combat, which from what I remember it took a considerable amount of time to revive it. As for the hax of fear, in the game it only causes the heart to accelerate when it is around.

Holo with a sword

How about Wisperwind? Considering that a 1m explosion is already 100kJ she should qualify.

I'm flexible despite the title saying medieval, as long as it's relatively pre-modern I'll allow it

SCP-076 would be alright, I guess? He scales above 125 000 joules through killing an elephant so I think he'll be alright

Actually Goblin Slayer isn't allowed since his profile says 3 mega joules, which goes way over our AP limit

Back