• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Remastered Round 6

"Can develop venomous barbs and release airborne psychoactive toxins"

Theres your answer. Plus, Feebas is only a 10% chance to freeze its opponent (Ice Beam/Blizzard), or a 30% chance to burn its opponent (Scald)

I was referring to Snore.

Also I mean...doesn't really say how potent it is. How quick would it be to kill, exactly?

Yeah, it sounds like regular poison in terms of airborne toxins. As in, something that would make a human sick and possibly kill them over time, though not immediately. I'd imagine the same would happen to Feebas, but the fight will be over before that.

Fight wouodnlikely be over before anything really happens with the poison, yeah. I dunno what else would happen other than the Feebass actually trying to defend itself, where it'll probably win because it is going to use an attack that hurts its opponent because it's not dumb enough to stand there and take it.

I guess slowly. Now. I have thought of this in mind. What if it were to do a physical move first when it tried to attack? Of coarse, it would have no prior knowledge of its opponent, hence it would be rather a random 52.5/47.5 it would either do a physical or special move. If you have noticed, I did some averaging and it seems that there is 12 moves. 6 are physical, 6 are special. All 6 moves have 100% accuracy, and 5 special moves have 100% accuracy. The only non100% special move is Blizzard, being a poor 70%, and by doing the average, its overall a 95% chance for special to work and a guaranteed chance for physical to work. Hence, Physical has a 52.5% chance to work and Special has a 47.5% chance to work. Its basically a game of RNG if you ask me, but Physical has a better chance to hit. The moment it tries to touch the E.Coli, the E.Coli absorbs immediately of the fish completely.

Psychomaster35 said:
"Can develop venomous barbs and release airborne psychoactive toxins"
Theres your answer. Plus, Feebas is only a 10% chance to freeze its opponent (Ice Beam/Blizzard), or a 30% chance to burn its opponent (Scald)
Wouldn't that be still game machics

Technically just by using those moves it would cool down the entity making them slow down and heat would make them denaturate

...isn't that a bit overpowered when most people in this bracket work off of physical contact?

Either way uh, if Feebass is out of water I don't even know if it could leap over to the dead thing to attack it. It may be forced to range attack it

It has no knowledge of its opponent, remember? So it will do a random attack either physical or special.

Psychomaster35 said:
It has no knowledge of its opponent, remember? So it will do a random attack either physical or special.
Yeah but logically it would use it's most powerfull attavk which are non physical

Can it even move over to hit it physically though? Because that may or may not happen, depending on how skilled it is at fighting on land.

Also no it really won't do a random attack. It's not so dumb that it'll just do the first thing that'll come to mind. Pokemon are still skilled combatants.

Bump every 6 hours, not every hour. Anyways, lets just wait to see what the people think.

Why would Feebas use its most powerful attack first?

And given that its attacks are projeciles, they can still be dodged. Though the large size of the SCP makes that difficult.

I mean it's a pokemon. If it senses it's in too much danger it's gonna go all out. It'd have its mind on survival.

I suppose so. But how would it know what it's most powerful attack is? Is it the one with the greatest AoE? The one with the most hax? The fastest one? How would Feebas know which one to pick?

Probably just by knowing how it fights. This thing is level one hundred. It isn't a scmuck. It probably knows what love would be best in this situation.

Jackythejack said:
I mean it's a pokemon. If it senses it's in too much danger it's gonna go all out. It'd have its mind on survival.
But it wouldn't know it is in danger, it is fighting something it has never seen before. It has no idea what it is fighting. So using its strongest attack first seems illogical against something you don't know about.

No offense, but that's a really bad argument. If the Feebass even thinks this thing is looking st it with hostility, it's using an attack.

Doesnt matter if it hasn't seen it before. Pokemon know hostility.

I mean what's the most basic stratagy that all satient races know,

"Hit it

Till it

Dies"

So you hit it with the stroungest moves till none of it's left

Jackythejack said:
No offense, but that's a really bad argument. If the Feebass even thinks this thing is looking st it with hostility, it's using an attack.
Doesnt matter if it hasn't seen it before. Pokemon know hostility.
Eh sorry. Yeah it is pretty bad. I was just saying most living things tend to be more cautious around things they don't know. But yeah the way it would handle that is range spam or just use it's strongest move....

Changing vote to fish thing.

Worth mentioning that:

Even in wild Pokemon battles in-game, with lower IQs, Pokemon like to use their most effective moves more often than not. Also, as for the poison/disease thing, Feebas are unaffected by living in the most polluted waters, for what it's worth.

Egg moves can be obtained naturally (see SOS battles + mystery dungeon) so they're fair game here for Feebas at its peak.

Self-Curer can also help against diseases. It's passive.

Psychomaster35 said:
Huh. So it will indeed resist being air poisoned by the E.Coli?
Probably? It's natural defences should at least weaken it, and self-curer can handle the rest, in the worst case scenario

Meh, sure. Ive realized your reasonings, and if it means killing off my own nomination by my hands then...

Feebas FRA.

Looks like Feebas was the real "poison" of the SCP.

Well, id be at least be happy to stick around for my other nominee, Bonnie, is still in there.

Back