• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Brackets | Round 5

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
Petervshomer
The fifth round of the 9-B brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Freddy Fazbear

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/dvuvfz7p

The contestants for this round are Magikarp, submitted by GyroNutz, and Zim, submitted by DaBigP

Speed is equalised. Elder Magikarp is used and Invader Zim doesn't have prep time

Magikarp is 98 kilojoules, Zim is calcless, and has no feats, therefor is 15 kilojoules

Magikarp: 0

Zim: 7 (Cinnabar, DaBigP, Christian, Psycho, Headless, Phoenix and Wright)

Incon: 0

613337-halolz dot com pokemon magikarp themusclekarp super
Invader Zim
I AM ZIM!

^ That link leads to the verse page not Zim's profile.

On one hand, Zim doesn't seem particularly good at fighting. On the other hand, it's Magikarp. Hmmm...

Oof, but my question is if Zim has any standard equipment?

If he does, he just turns Magikarp into baloney (similar to Jimmy Neutron "turning characters into cheese") or steals its organs, or blast em away.

If not, then he probably flies away? I dunno.

Standard Equipment: Mechanical Backpack, Spaceship, Several Advanced Weaponry and Devices, which includes but is not limited to a pair of electric batons and an organ harvesting device; while the latter could potentially ignore durability, Zim is unlikely to use it in combat. Another example are tacks he has which can fuse the victim with baloney. This also ignored durability and the effects increase in speed with alien DNA, however he is unlikely to use this in combat as well.

DaBigP said:
Oh jeez, I feel like the damn fish slaps him regardless.
Does Zim have any standard equipments?
I don't actually recall anything other than his backpack, which (aside from being able to sprout spider appendages and function as a jetpack) doesn't actually do anything IIRC.

Crimson Azoth said:
Standard Equipment: Mechanical Backpack, Spaceship, Several Advanced Weaponry and Devices, which includes but is not limited to a pair of electric batons and an organ harvesting device; while the latter could potentially ignore durability, Zim is unlikely to use it in combat. Another example are tacks he has which can fuse the victim with baloney. This also ignored durability and the effects increase in speed with alien DNA, however he is unlikely to use this in combat as well.
That's a lot, his pak also contains that organ harvesting device.

Also pretty sure his pak can shoot out lasers.

Wait, how does this fight work anyway? Doesn't Magikarp have to be in the water t, you know, live? So Zim's gonna be on land while Magi's gonna go for a swim. This is gonna be awkward for Zim to handle.

"Weakness: Zim is brash, arrogant, as well as overconfident, and doesn't think things entirely through making him a threat to everyone, including himself. He can be kind of irrational as well. His body is also weak against the pollutants in Earth's water, as they are corrosive to his body, though he can compensate this weakness by applying paste to his skin."

Ouch, though he can use the voot cruiser here.

Is Magikarp around any water for this fight? Because if it is, I cant believe im saying this, but it uses Splash, and unlike those failiure times, those tiny droplets of water actually harm Zim according to his weaknesses!

Well, Magikarp for what I know has limited options. Only knowing the following:Splash, Tackle, Flail, Celebrate, Happy Hour, Bounce, and its potentially best move, Hydro Pump. I am sure Zim simply tries to keep his distance while firing lasers at the fish since most of its attacks are close range, but if Magikarp uses Hydro Pump and it successfully hits the Irken, its game over for him. Not voting yet, however. What do you think?

Actually, scratch that. Magi only has one real way to take Zim down, and it's a ranged move that Zim could avoid with his spider legs. Zim mid-diff.

I agree, however I don't think Splash will be enough to finish Zim off, it's more like acid to his skin; like a burning sensation. If anything, this will allow Zim to use the Voot cruiser to exterminate Magikarp.

Voting Zim FRA.

It said he "scales to Dib" but we dont even know what feats Dib even did. He used to have a profile here, but it got deleted. Yeah, there needs to be calcs there.

Yeah, Dib can take a lot of beatings (which I'll see if I can bring up any scans tomorrow, since I've got to head to bed now). And yes, the whole verse is in need of a major revision, which I might be able to do after Earthbound is finally completed, this will require a lot of time however. (probably will start rewatching the series and try to read the comics since there is a 2-A feat).

Can't Crimson vote on this? It's not like a normal vs because all he did was set up the match, so I don't see why he couldn't.

Back