• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A+ Tournament Round 2 Match 2. Evie Frye vs Tanya von Degurechaff

Finally someone gets right that Tanya is WWI not WWII

So yeah, Tanya. Ace of Aces that possesses incredible skill.
Flight is helpful, as it can make Tanya avoid those pressure points.
And illusionary decoys make her hard to hit from range.

That much as an opening statement.

Assassins can see through illusions.

What does she scale to? Evie is on the upper limit of 0.249 tons.

Alright, so Evie has 4.6469x advantage.

Assassins can see through illusions.
Which kind of illusions? Asking because this isn't the mind manipulating type.

Anyway, even then her more applicable skill and flight should still let her take it.

The better range is helpful, too.

Is Eagle Vision something she can use actively mid-combat? That said I'm not sure how useful it is when the enemy has a very simple strategy of rain hell on you. Invisibility requiring to be stationary is a bad thing. Regen is nice. Pressure points is also nice. I'd say generally she'd be very good as a fighter. It looks like she has some firearms too so that's nice.

It's just that Tanya possess an absolute flight and range advantage. I'm starting to sense a pattern.

If Evie can't capitalize on the initial 10 meters, Tanya's gonna get away and is just gonna rain hell or snipe.

Tanya gonna be like
6BmaXBx.png

Which kind of illusions? Asking because this isn't the mind manipulating type.
Illusions from this as well, not just normal mind manip-based stuff we see in Odyssey.

But only Assassins armed with Eagle Vision can see through illusions. Which Evie has.

Is there a range for it? Might be her best bet to win this. How likely is she to use it?
Evie doesn't use the Apple, but because of her Eagle Vision, she is resistant to its abilities by default. Most peeps in the verse with Eagle Vision gain resistances to the Pieces of Eden because of it, it's that latent Isu trait they were not supposed to unlock but they do anyway.

The range on the Apple can span several hundreds of meters to cover a small town.

Evie doesn't use the Apple, but because of her Eagle Vision, she is resistant to its abilities by default. Most peeps in the verse with Eagle Vision gain resistances to the Pieces of Eden because of it, it's that latent Isu trait they were not supposed to unlock but they do anyway.

The range on the Apple can span several hundreds of meters to cover a small town.
Dang, disregard what was I saying in that case.

I feel like there's a difference between attacking the mind to form an illusion, and leaving behind a holographic illusion to distract the enemy. Has Evie done any feats that allow her to see through illusions like the latter?

Yeaah. Do the other contenders have flight or range?

Dang, disregard what was I saying in that case.

I feel like there's a difference between attacking the mind to form an illusion, and leaving behind a holographic illusion to distract the enemy.
Apple can do both, actually (Tyranny of King Washington), except it can then also turn said illusions into reality.

Has Evie done any feats that allow her to see through illusions like the latter?
She scales to other Eagle Vision users who have these abilities as the baseline.

Yeaah. Do the other contenders have flight or range?
'Fraid not, Evie has her Grapple Hook and her throwing knives and bombs but they don't have any flight attribute to them.

Apple can do both, actually (Tyranny of King Washington), except it can then also turn said illusions into reality.

She scales to other Eagle Vision users who have these abilities as the baseline.

'Fraid not, Evie has her Grapple Hook and her throwing knives and bombs but they don't have any flight attribute to them.
In that case I can see her seeing through the illusions. Evie using illusions would be pretty useful here and those can work on Tanya (though I am a bit behind on her franchise so I might be wrong). Also Apple is quite strong. Does Evie never use it or is there a chance she'll use it here? How long do the illusionslast? If someone leaves the range of the Apple does the mental effect on them disappear?

In that case I can see her seeing through the illusions. Evie using illusions would be pretty useful her and those can work on Tanya (though I am a bit behind on her franchise so I might be wrong). Also Apple is quite strong. Does Evie never use it or is there a chance she'll use it here?
Evie never uses it tho, never holds one in her hands. She only possesses resistance to its powers because of her Eagle Vision.

How long do the illusionslast? If someone leaves the range of the Apple does the mental effect on them disappear?
As long as the wielder wants. The wielder has to be defeated to be freed from the effects but even then they'll still be incapped by its side effects for a while before recovering if they're not Isu Hybrids.

Does Evie even have a wincon here? She doesn't seem to have an answer for flight in the slightest.

Back