• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Monster Brackets Round 11

I guess so. Anywho...

Attack: Id say Rhedosaurus, as Kombu is above baseline upscaling from a 9-A+, while Rhedo is 0.398 tons.

Durability: Rhedosaurus, see attack.

Lifting Strength: Rhedosaurus, K > Superhuman

Stamina: Rhedosaurus, Very High > Superhuman

Range: Rhedosaurus, Hundreds of meters > Tens of meters

Intelligence: Kombu, as she is at lease sapient of her doings compared to the animalistic dino.

Experience: Rhedosaurus, is easily WAY older, sh he should be that experienced in his kills.

Rhedo has everything but intel? Any wounds that land will be tiny on him and his blood is apparently poison and disease ridden so RIP Kombu's plants and he even has regen to boot.

Is this decisive or stomp? Because I can't really tell.

Eh, Kombu's scaling chain is probably worth more than a 2x boost. Given that said 9-A+ is practically baseline 8-C, gets casually stomped by Monster Rosie, who is weaker than one of the theee Crows, who got one-shot by Sneck, who is weaker than Golden Ball, who got beaten easily by Kombu Infinity.

I wouldn't say Rhedosaurus has the range advantage either, its range is just being big, meaning it still has to close a gap to attack Kombu. The size can work against it too, since hundreds of Kombu's steel tentacles can pierce and tear it apart while it tries to approach Kombu. As for the blood, Kombu is stated to have an infinite amount of tentacles. While this is almost certainly an exaggeration, Kombu's tentacles were able to cover an entire street, so it definitely has a lot.

Side note, by that description the Rhedosaurus doesn't sound like it has Low-Mid regen. More like High-Low or Mid-Low, depending on the severity.

Yea I agree with GyroNutz about Rhedosaurus's regen being Mid-Low to High-Low, and to be honest Rhedosaurus's whole 8-C KE calc seems quite iffy to me due to the fact that it's using his reaction speed rather than conventional running speed. I don't think I've ever seen that done before in a KE calc and there's probably a reason for that. Seeing how he doesn't really have any other 8-C calcs or feats makes me doubt that he's even an 8-C character, he seems like much more of a 9-A character, well to me at least.

From what I've seen his conventional running speed doesn't seem very fast but he's so damn heavy that even if you put his travel speed as low as 25mph or around 11m/s his KE still comes out to Small Building level. So idk, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a character's reaction speed is actually applicable to find said character's KE.

In agreement with MJ's thoughts on Rhedo's regen, and where does his Type 2 immortality come from?

Yes. And with that said, I believe this a disqualification, and Kombu automatically moves on.

Back