• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C haxless bracket round 8: Oksana Rospostiuk vs Nonako Miyokata

A weird one cause absolutely nobody knows nothing about either character. I'll shed some light on Oksana, what she does.

Oksana's main method of attack is firing bolts of energy at her opponent. Her weakest, the White Bolt, are powerful enough to destroy a church roof, her most powerful, the Divine Bolt, one-shot this guy, and severely damaged this guy. And she has some AOE attacks too, Holy Storm damages the entire opposing party, and Sacred Burst attacks a clustered group, damaging up to 13 foes.

She is a glass cannon at 8-C, if Nonako can open the battle with a ranged attack immediately, she should be able to one-shot Oksana. But, Oksana does amp herself with Celestial Drive in character relatively quickly, so that shouldn't be a problem for long.

However, in hand-to-hand, Oksana isn't very impressive. She tends to smack and bash with her mace, and as that is only Small Building, Nonako should be able to shrug that off with ease. Besides, Oksana isn't that skilled close up.

So, with all that, there are three ways I see this battle going (Bear in mind I know very little about Nonako).

1. Nonako one-shotting right off the bat with a ranged attack

2. Oksana amping and teleporting around the battlefield, firing energy bolts at her leisure

3. Nonako trapping Oksana in H2H and dismantling her

Let the debate begin!

Nonako tends to combo attacks with her fire dragon, her in melee and it at ranged, either in quick succession or as pincer attacks.

If there's two foes, then Oksana hits one with a Divine Bolt, and uses White Bolts and teleportation to chip away at the other. She has fought her way out of being surrounded before, such as when Fallo ambushed Tevoran and Company with a platoon of Hvrancis soldiers

Honestly, without any debate, I don't have enough knowledge to really give a vote here.

Though Crimson's blurb above is very helpful.

Just for the record, I'm voting for Oksana via stat-amping and frying everyone with a combo of Divine Bolts and Holy Storms

It's not like Nonako or her dragon can't dodge Oksana's attacks. She has experience fighting ranged enemies, including multi-projectile users.

Worst-case scenario, Nonako blocks a 1st attack with her shield, and her dragon sacrifices itself by blocking a 2nd attack (this actually happens in the story). Dodging + 2 guaranteed blocked attacks + the dragon is stronger than her (so it may not die from the lightning attacks); I'd say Nonako has strong chances of getting in melee range of Oksana and then smack her with her staff

The thing about Holy Storm is that it is not random danmanku. It is several bolts of energy, every one aimed at a member of the opposing party. (Though I won't argue with you that it's accuracy is crap)

Also, I would be surprised if her dragon could tank Divine Bolt. Remember, it one-shot someone with at least 8-C durability. If her dragon isn't dead, it's been severely wounded by the blast, and is currently out of commission. Plus, Divine Bolt is one of the most accurate attacks in the game, with an accuracy of 98%

And getting close to Oksana is easier said than done. She specifically tries to play keep-away with foes, and her teleportation makes her hard to catch.

Let's move it forward.

My vote is Nonako for the reasons I mentioned. Oksana's got a good chance, but I think Nonako will CQC her before Oksana can fry her

The most recent Hig 8-C round is reaching a stalemate too

(Mind dropping some votes to get that going?)

Back