• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Brackets:Round 5 Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby - 2 (Weekly, Kiryu)

Bats - 10 (Blah, Standuser, Pheonix, Jinx, Gargoyle, Callsign, Ricsi, Thefir, Arrogant, Velox, Rebuble)

Wait.

"at least hundreds of meters with sniper rifle"

Yeah, she isn't getting anywhere near Bats even if she moves at 10 times his speed. Even if she moves at 10x, Bats can move 10 whole meters before she reaches him, and that's assuming she starts with her semblance.

He smokebombs, and moves out of the way, before going into stealth and taking her out with vastly superior intelligence and skills.

To be entirely fair, Gargoyle, Weekly probably said that before the 8-C Batman revision was put into place.

That and she has her High 8-C semblance unless that was restricted.

I'm pretty sure Venom is ejected into the air as a byproduct of when he injects it into himself, albeit it's been a long time since I read comics

>If ruby slipstreamed gas, then she would be in the gas

>Nothing to say she cant breathe them in when in her form.

Theres very little Ruby can do. 'Speedblitzing', which Ruby doesn't take advantage of anyway, is nothing Batman has ever been completely rekt by. If Roman can adapt after one fight, then so can Batman. Especially when he would put her weapon immediately out of commission, and then instantly outskill her to take her down.

It cant blitz people if its so short burst anyway. The foodfight was honestly casual, we all know Pyrrha would have wrecked, and after that fight, they all got up laughing, they could have easily carried on.

But really, until Ruby actually starts using her semblance in better ways, then we cant say she would immediately try and speedblitz bats.

And again, this is Batman.

I'll say it again: Ruby starts off 100+ meters away (even with a 10x+ speed gap, that's still ten whole meters Batman can move, and that's assuming Ruby doesn't start with trying to shoot him, which would be even less effective), which gives Bats more than enough time to go into stealth.

And Bats, when he's in stealth and has time to analyse his opponent is a monster.

Ruby takes advantage of her semblance in nearly every fight and has done so for most ofnthe series, hell we see her takenadvantage of it numerous times in her reveal trailer alone.

Problem is there wont be a second fight after this one so there will be no adapting between fights

You can absolutely blitz people in short bursts and her semblance is far from a short burst

She would try to as its in character for her to do so

Dargoo Faust said:
I'll say it again: Ruby starts off 100+ meters away (even with a 10x+ speed gap, that's still ten whole meters Batman can move, and that's assuming Ruby doesn't start with trying to shoot him, which would be even less effective), which gives Bats more than enough time to go into stealth.

And Bats, when he's in stealth and has time to analyse his opponent is a monster.
Ruby is mach 8 without her semblance, she can cross over two kilometers in a second juat by running

Speed is Equalized though otherwise Batman blitzes.

So Batman is the same speed as her without her semblance

Unless Ruby has her semblance constantly turned on, Batman will have an oppertunity to jump her and poison/incap/knock her out.

Problem is there wont be a second fight after this one so there will be no adapting between fights

Uh, there will? Ruby isn't locating someone as experienced in stealth as Batman.

You can absolutely blitz people in short bursts and her semblance is far from a short burst

Yeah, but her initial blitz, what she would need to win, is over a substantially long distance. That's how speed works; if we assume Ruby is 10x faster than Batman while in her semblance, that means for every 10 meters she moves Batman can move 1 meter. His first move is nearly always to get into a position of stealth if he isn't familiar with the situation, and he would only need to move his arm in a 1 meter arc, then move an additional 9 meters to go into stealth.

Ruby is mach 8 without her semblance, she can cross over two kilometers in a second juat by running

Speed is equalized.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The distance between them can be crossed in under 2 seconds due to ruby's speed being mach 8
Yes, and Batman would move at the same speed and can move the same distance in the same time. Speed is equalized.

If it's a speed amp, prove it's more than 100x of a gap and I'll say she blitzes Batman before he can throw a flashbang. He would only need to move his arm in a <1 meter arc to pick up a bomb and throw it to the ground.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ruby takes advantage of her semblance in nearly every fight and has done so for most ofnthe series, hell we see her takenadvantage of it numerous times in her reveal trailer alone.

She would try to as its in character for her to do so
She really doesnt. RWBY vs ABRN, Roman and Neo vs Ruby, RWBYJNPR vs Nevermore etc (Emerald vs Ruby lmao). The only times shes spammed it it with an opponent like Beringel, who has higher AP, and the Geist, who she was merely distracting. Best thing she does is use it to quickly get away like in Yangs reveal. or Mercury encounter.

Plus she cant use her semblance in the unique ways she did in v4 trailer.

Her semblance at best distance crossed that hogwarts dining hall. She cant hold that form forever. And its not like Batman couldn't immediately find a solution to stop it, she instantly gets knocked out of it if she takes damage.

She's never tried to speedblitz someone. The best thing shes done is keep her distance and dodge. That foodfight was like, her best move, and even then everyone was casual. Ruby is ranged CQC, she doesnt overwhelm an actual target, with a brain (whose IQ and combat intelligence are like, 100x better than her) with her semblance

Jinx666 said:
REEEEEEEEE

(jk, Tbh depends what Batman, Ruby isn't exactly innocent of being a Mary Sue either though.)
What? Aren't mary sue's supposed to be good at things? She was consistently bad at stuff, and the only thing she learned from 2 years of combat school was headbutt (and she didn't learn it in school)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Jinx666 said:
REEEEEEEEE

(jk, Tbh depends what Batman, Ruby isn't exactly innocent of being a Mary Sue either though.)
What? Aren't mary sue's supposed to be good at things? She was consistently bad at stuff, and the only thing she learned from 2 years of combat school was headbutt (and she didn't learn it in school)
Dont think i can get into this now, but theres more to being a mary sue than just having flaws tbh. Its when theres barely been any consequences, Miles just seems to try too hard at making Ruby seem flawed (ergo, her 'hand to hand' weakness. which was apparently sorted out in one training scene and a volume)

I mean, if you feel like talking about it, feel free to do so on my wall, but I feel she's just a cardboard cut-out with a deus ex machina right now

Wait, we can skip grace if the difference is > 7?

I thought grace had to happen as long as there was at least one dissenting voice.

Not sure, but I though we do not need to wait the grace time to start the other bracket match, that's just to add the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back