• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Brackets:Round 5 Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stat dropping only works if he hits her which will be extremely hard due to her speed

Intellect won't help him survive an attack 3x stronger than his durability

Stealth grill help but how would he enter it when she's blitzing him

Versatility won't help when most of his arsenal won't help due to her aura

Gas will help but he needs to be close to use it and ruby's superior strength won't let that happen

Disarming isn't helpful when Ruby is far from helpless without crescent rose and performed her best feat without it

Stat dropping is from Gas, she breathes it she gets uncapped, not hitting.

2.5x, barely half of the range needed for an AP stomp,

Because she can't blitz from a 4KM distance away, Period, assuming she will abuse her semblance at close range and not just swing

Assuming she doesn't get countered like she did with Roman

Flash Bangs, electric grenades, Restraining wires etc. Aura doesn't help.

Strength helps with Breathing gas? What?

She is also a terrible Hand to hand fighter by her own accord, that will not save her.

Batman has handled much faster opponents before, and he has multiple measures he can take for the likes of her.

And she hardly takes advantage of her semblance in any fight unless the opponent is physically stronger like the Beringel or shes trying to be a distraction

Also yeah, Sleep Gas, Flash Bangs, His suit has thermal capabilities to thaw Ruby's nonexistant Ice dust (Since Yknow, Mr. Freeze), Electricity which can bypass her aura. Theres so many reasons why she loses. This is Batman we're talking about.

The gas needs to be used at close range or with a gas pellet, so yes either hed have to get in close or hit hwr with it. Meanwhile Ruby has aoe ice bullets that would instantly stop bats in his tracks and prevent him from moving complwtely

Never said it was an ap atomp, but slruby can still kill him very, very easily especially seeing how easily she shreds enemies as strong as bats in the show

Yes actually she can, it makes her fast enough to allow her to.

She wouldnt because bats has never dealt with her semblance before while roman has.

Flash bangs wont help when she can easily get away from them, electric grenades will hurt but not do much damage overall, and ruby is strong enough to break out of the wirse assuming they even hit her

Strength helps oberpower bats if he tries to get close to use the gas

Doesnt matter if shes twrrible in h2h, her semblance amped punches and kicks would very easily put bats out of comission

Not really, he can set gas tripwores as shown.

She easily shreds mindless Grimm, that isn't comparable.

Tell that to Roman.

Roman never dealt with her semblance actually, hell they met only twice before that and she never used it in either encounter.

Flash Bangs are blinding grenades, not explosives, Ruby running away would give Batman breathing room to set up and plan out what to do next and what to use to counter her speed, such as traps.

Not really, he doesn't need physical contact, he ejects it from the suit.

Try throwing said punches at someone who frequently overpowers Nightwing in CQC.

Semblance amped punches? Ruby can only really increase her movement speed, not combat speed, nor increase her power with it. This isnt a thing, and she doesnt punch either. Shes bad at punching. Leave that to Yang.

Ruby will be the one getting close, not Batman. Batman would instantly sneak attack her. As well as the widest array of tools that could instantly finish Ruby.

Flash Bangs are useful, Ruby isnt going to be able to outrun light after it flashes, and she will mainly be at CQC

Bats has faced much more versatile opponents than Ruby. Her semblance would literally be nothing new to him. Like, literally Roman never had Ruby's semblance prove him to be trouble, nor is Roman even 1/8 the fighter Batman is. This is Batman, it wont take him even a minute to adapt.

And even if Ruby had canonical ice dust (As in in the show, an ability in Grimm Eclipse isnt true canon, there for versatility for the character, and the only thing official is the storyline i suppose), Batman has automatic thermal capabilities in his suit after his many battles with Mr Freeze.

Also Electricity, which has proven multiple times to bypass aura.

Gargoyle One said:
And he'll have the time to do so while being blitzed to hell and back how exactlt?

Them being mindless doesnt make them less durable

Tell that to all of the others shes blitzed

Yes he did, several times actually, she used it in two of their three encounters prior to their encounter on the ship

Again hed have to actuall hit her with them while she can easily manuver around them

Cool, still needs to be close enough that hed be in ruby's kill radius

Since when is nightwing 3x stronger than bats and fast enough to horribly speedblitz him?

Don't quote walls of text.

Yes, because he won't be getting blitzed to hell, she will get a huge speed advantage which he can counter like Roman did.

Like Mercury? Who she uses her semblance against Post Time Skip and got a kick to the face?

Her semblance has t saved her or given her a victory against literally anything that wasn't a Grimm, and multiple people have shown being able to react, despite the speed disadvantage.

Hit her? No, they are grenades, they have AOE, they are meant to blind people, as are Gas which you can't dodge because it is something you breathe in.

Maneuvering around gas doesn't help when your opponent is surrounded by it and charging them causes you to breathe it in and fall asleep.

Seriously though, i dont see why we're comparing Roman to Batman? Batman is honestly 100x better the fighter compared to him at least.

Meanwhile Ruby's still in her student years and cant actually fight without her weapon. Which Batman can, and will, disable. A sniper rifle scythe is probably the first thing he would go after, which he could gunk up with explosive gel or batarangs as one of the many options

bat fra.

I prefer ruby by a lot, but she ain't getting past this gary stu (Yes, I said it. Probably no one cares, but I still want to overact as if I commited something taboo)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
bat fra.
I prefer ruby by a lot, but she ain't getting past this gary stu (Yes, I said it. Probably no one cares, but I still want to overact as if I commited something taboo)
REEEEEEEEE

(jk, Tbh depends what Batman, Ruby isn't exactly innocent of being a Mary Sue either though.)

Gargoyle One said:
He will be as ruby's semblance can blitz people several times faster than herself normally, while bats will be just the same speed as her

That was pre timeskip, not post timeskip

And that automatically makes it worthless how exactly?

Yes hit her, she has to be i. the aoe of both for them to effect her while she can easily manuver away from them as shes not stupid enough to look as a canister someone threw at her and think 'huh, i wonder what this werd thing he threw at me is'

Technically rhe gas can be dispersed by her slipstream

She can still breathe while in her petal burst form.

Otherwise, yknow, she cant breathe and she suffocates.

Don't Quote Walls of Text, They clog up the thread.

She has blitzed exactly one character faster then her, and even if you were to somehow take her blitzing Pyrrha in a food fight as legit.

1 . Still got kicked in the face by Mercury while using her semblance

2. Still got countered by Roman while using her semblance.

3. Still got hard countered by Neo

Even if it were legit, it's countered by everything I have said, and it likely isn't as It is a good fight and not meant to be taken seriously

We are using Pre Time Skip, Mercury kicked her when she tried to escape during Penny's fight https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oemn_F_dWdg 1:46

As I already said 3 times, running away gives Batman breathing room, looking away from Batman and having him out of sight is exactly what he wants, if she put maneuvers it, he's out of site and in hiding while plananning his goal of attack.

Ruby - 1 (Weekly) (I'm assuming, otherwise this is unanimous and I can add)

Bats - 8 (Blah, Standuser, Pheonix, Jinx, Gargoyle, Callsign, Ricsi, Thefir, Arrogant)

Also, grace started three hours ago.

Ruby - 1 (Weekly)

Bats - 9 (Blah, Standuser, Pheonix, Jinx, Gargoyle, Callsign, Ricsi, Thefir, Arrogant, Velox)

Gargoyle One said:
Yes its legit, there is no reason whatsoever for it to not be legit.

Cool, one instance of her being hit while using her semblance versus dozens of instances of her using it to blitz people doesnt make her abilitt to blitz invalid

And out of his massive arsenal, only a handful of things will even affect ruby let alone put hwr down

@Weekly

Her ability to blitz people doesn't change her ability to take toxins and get affected by stat effects. Batman would open by throwing down a flashbang or a smoke bomb to disorient her, and in the vast majority of the cases that she uses her semblance, it doesn't create large gusts of wind. Batman should at least have enough time to throw something down, at which point Ruby would get disoriented and likely crash and injure herself.

Ruby - 2 (Weekly, Kiryu)

Bats - 9 (Blah, Standuser, Pheonix, Jinx, Gargoyle, Callsign, Ricsi, Thefir, Arrogant, Velox)

The slipstream she creates by using her semblance would disperse a cloud of toxins or smoke. Her semblance creates it passively, it always does. It's extremely out of character for ruby to crash while moving, if not with her semblance she'd use the momentum to redirect herself with her scythe or use use a recoil to redirect herself

Please give me a single other time it makes a gust of wind that strong.

Also, a gust of wind wouldn't do anything to a flashbang, which Bats is equally likely to start off with.

Also, in case you think she can get to Bats before he throws something down:

Assume starting distance is 12 meters.

Bats immediately moves to throw a smoke/flashbang grenade. He has to move his arm in a 1 meter arc. Ruby activates her semblance.

Ruby would have to be blitzing Batman at 12 times his speed to get there before he flashbangs/smokebombs. The generally accepted multiplier for a blitz is 10x.

You called it an AP stomp dude.....

If you checked the AP that fight would have been a valid win for Yang.

It's a damn food fight, and it's showings are blatantly contradicted by the actual show.

No, read what you typed, you said "Blitz people faster then her"

She does so exactly once, a single time, in a food fight, and gets crushed byercury and Roman during actually important plot moments.

8 or so weaponry isn't "A handful" especially since the literal only thing in Ruby's favor was Semblamce and AP,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back