• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Current Standings

On round 1, i announce the grand premiere, featuring Ethan Xavier, from OmniRealm Warriors, submitted by Smashtwig and The King, from Wasteland Country, submitted by GreyFang82!

The contenders for this round are the aforementioned.

Standard Battle Assumptions, as well as speed equalization.

Battle takes place at the Sahara desert, at day.

Ethan sits at 490 tons, while The King seems to be baseline.

Who will prevail?

Ethan Xavier - 2 (Smashtwig, 66Gaming123)

The King - 5 (YungManzi, DMUA, Edwardtruong2006, GreyFang82, Boc1991)

Inconclusive -

Ethan
TheKingWCPFP

The king is stronger then Phoenix Sage Cloaked Monks, who are a dozen of times stronger then 8-B Alex, making him more like 152.304481649022 Tons.

Though, Ethan seems to be 175 tons off 7x stronger then 25 Tons if I understand correctly.

That's the lowball, the King (Father) would likely scale to the higher-end which should be like... 228 tons.

More reasonable assumption is usually Low end, but yeah that could be the case.

DMUA said:
More reasonable assumption is usually Low end, but yeah that could be the case.
Oh no, Alex 100% is 152 tons with his Phoenix Cloak, but the King is stronger than him and others who use it better than him. Meaning the 228 is far more reasonable for him only.

Huh

Just because you're stronger doesn't mean you warp reality to have the high end of someone else's feat apply to you

wa

This has turned into a completely different debate now

Ok, so the idea is that the low-end is the safest bet. But Alex barely is able to actually use the cloak and others who can are considered stronger than he could be until he reaches their age. Meaning even using the higher-end those monks are stronger than him. Now the king takes on people like them pretty casually usually taking down a duo or trio pretty comforably.

Yeah, he's definitely a bit stronger then Ethan here

Anyways ugh, let me look at this for reals

Ethan resists mind manipulation putting the fight on a time limit, but he doesn't resist Soul Manipulation in this key, meaning if The King cuts him, he'll have his soul severed and useless.

Even if Ethan uses Thunder Orb: Fist, Regen will let The King recover, and if he doesn't, he's fighting someone with a bit more skill, being able to fight a few trained warriors simultaneously.

King seems to have a solid edge to win over Ethan.

Smashtwig said:
WAIT NANI MY SPRITE NO
Can you stop being so paranoid literally no one goes to this site to get 16 bit artwork

Besides you aren't even making money off it so there's 0 consiquence to it being stolen beyond you getting your art seen by more people

Okay, so not sure where you got no resistance to soul manip but Ethan definitely has that.

His martial arts skills should definitely be enough to fight an par with the King.

At this point, Ethan has all of techniques, but none of his modes (actually not quite sure about that cuz I don't work on ORW2), and now, Thunder Orb: Fist is definitely not his most powerful thing. Inferno Beam/Flare Eruption practically eclipses Thunder Orb: Fist in power. Not to mention Thunder Orb: Shoot can basically almost do the same damage as Fist. Ice Spikes are on par with TO:F as well if used as an attack, but it also freezes the enemy solid. Also I'm not sure if Ethan can use Lightning Dash in this one, can someone clarify?

How? The King can fight 3 experienced monks stronger then Ethan himself. Whaterya getting at?

He has it in 8-A, so probably. Still though, it's limited use, and against someone of experience and Regen it would probably not push it ovet.

Ethan's projectiles are kinda hard countered by The King's force-fields and those reflect them back.

The King fights people who spend decades to master fighting techniques and those guys finesse Alex like nothing. Who in turn basically outskills almost everyone he faces with his grapples. I won't say he's 100% outclassed but the King certainly is pretty skilled.

I'm not sure if he can use Lightning Dash but you said yourself it can only be used to dodge, not attack, and assuming it still takes some effort to do he could get tired out from spamming it. But feel free to correct me on that.

Edit: I got ninja'd

So I just noticed that Armor Reflection stuff, but Ice Spikes should still be effective here since it can be both a melee attack and projectile attack, same can be said with Inferno Beam if changed to a melee attack at point blank.

One more thing about his combat skill that isn't mentioned in the profile because I didn't feel it was necessary, but Ethan's skill is definitely enough to comfortably defeat against 4 other XenoRealm Warriors (MCs) that were all trained well in H2H in their own right (hand to hand combat only though).

It seems the main argument for the King is that he has that Soul Severing stuff, projectile reflect, and AP Advantage. But Soul Stuff is not really gonna work and projectile reflect can be worked around

GreyFang82 said:
The King fights people who spend decades to master fighting techniques and those guys finesse Alex like nothing. Who in turn basically outskills almost everyone he faces with his grapples. I won't say he's 100% outclassed but the King certainly is pretty skilled.

I'm not sure if he can use Lightning Dash but you said yourself it can only be used to dodge, not attack, and assuming it still takes some effort to do he could get tired out from spamming it. But feel free to correct me on that.
Ethan has done the same with the martial artists he went against, who pretty much fit the same descriptions with the "decades of training" stuff going on

Lightning Dash can be used to attack, not sure where you got that from, I'll check Ethan's file again

Edit: The file says that he OPTS to use it for movement, but he does use it for attacks

Ok, even if they become melee attacks there's still a force-field that's blocking the damage. The force-field usually isn't a problem for the Phoenix Monks as their cloaks and fire attacks harm his soul directly.

DMUA said:
He has it in 8-A, so probably. Still though, it's limited use, and against someone of experience and Regen it would probably not push it ovet.
I'm assuming that you are referring to Lightning Dash, Ethan uses that technique ridulously often compared to all of his other stuff, and he has never shown signs of not being able to use it at any given time (unless he's in a situation where he can't move)

Don't forget, The King has Teleportation & Telekinesis so Ethan isn't the only one with mobility, and Telekinesis can be used to hold Ethan down.

yeah, definitely still a forcefield there to block, but eventually with the bombardment of attacks that are hitting it, it's eventually gonna break

also, while the forcefield deflects projectiles, will it still be damaged by them?

Projectiles don't damage the force-fields only blunt force / leverage (Like from and armbar of leg lock) do they get damaged. Projectiles are kinda just redirected.

And yes the shield will break, but it only takes around 6 seconds to make a new one. Like I said, usually the Monks don't even need to worry about the shields because they got soul hax, but normal ass people or people without hax struggle against him. That's how he conquered almost everyone but the ones being protected by the monks.

Telekinesis... is definitely a problem. Ethan has had to deal with it before, but definitely is in a lotta trouble if he gets caught, assuming that the King can react to the constant spam of LDash. Also Ethan has Cold Bombs to immobilize the King as well, though it will have to be planned out to make the King fall into their trap, Tornado Wall can probably use its Vacuum effect to potentially pull him in

Teleportation however, can be dealt with. 6th Sense should give Ethan the awareness to LDash/React away whenever the Boi teleports to either counter or escape

This one is tough, looking through the thread, this is what I gathered

The King

• AP Advantage, not sure how this will help all that much
  • Forcefields that force Ethan to approach
  • Some Regenerationn
  • Telekinesis
  • Teleportation
  • Also has a irrevalent Soul thing that doesn't work due to resistance
Ethan

• Lightning Dash, definitely will help mobility wise
  • 6th Sense: better awareness of the fight
  • Dura Negate: might be helpful against regen
  • Healing: also may be helpful
  • Versatility: Cold Bomb immobilization and Tornado Wall Vacuum will help a lot to throw the King off game
Ethan has better speed without a doubt, the King will have to really be good at catching Ethan's Lightning Dash, while I think he can do that since LDash is a straight line, Ethan can change the direction of Lightning Dash to really mix up his approach. Teleportation is hard countered by 6th Sense. The Forcefields are definitely going to be hard to get by, but once they are broken, Ethan can go ham with projectiles, and considering Lightning Dash speed, 6 seconds is a long time. Also DuraNegation via Inferno Beam can probably overcome Regen. I think its gonna be Ethan High Diffculty

I still don't think what the King has is going to be able to matchup with Ethan's sheer speed, DuraNegate and 6th Sense. The forcefields are a formidable problem, but I don't think they will save the King for long.

Does the forcefield protect from underneath too? because from what I understand it diverts stuff away, so a Flare Eruption may just be too close for the field to deflect it away in time (unless it sends the thing 180 degrees backward)

So 2 or 3 for King (DMUA, Edward, Grey?) and 2 for Ethan (66Gaming, me)

Um... considering Ethan isn't going to be punching or grappling The King those shields are going to take a LONG TIME to get knocked down. The King occationally uses teleport for blitz but he usually uses it to avoid AOE such as the Monk's fireballs so he can teleport away from most of the things ethan throws. The King isn't just gonna sit there and tank that stuff. Cold Bomb is only useful if it hits and teleportation + shield makes it pretty damn hard to actually take effect. Once again if his shield is down he isn't stupid and teleport a safe ways away for his shield to come back.

Also how big is the amp the lightning thing give him?

Edit: Also how does Ethan's attack ignore dura?

I just recalled something, from what I know the King fights in close quarters, Ethan's Shockwind Burst could potentially just blast him away and knock him back, making close range combat hard to do, unless I'm overestimating Shockwind's power

GreyFang82 said:
Also how big is the amp the lightning thing give him?

Edit: Also how does Ethan's attack ignore dura?
Lightning Dash boosts him to Massively Hypersonic+, it's lightning speed. I thought it would be restricted since Speed = rules but apparently not?

Ethan's DuraNegate is via Electricity, Heat, and Ice. I'm not quite sure about the ice part because it isn't AbsZero at that point, but Electricity is a standard DuraNegate, capable of causing spasms and such and heat can just melt out a brain and stuff like that

Ethan's techniques like TOrb and Ice Spikes should be able to take down the forcefields at a somewhat moderate pace

Let's not forget the has basically the same abilities as Ethan: Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation so projectiles on both sides are being thrown. Also even if he was pushed back or Ethan moves away with his sixth sense from the teleport blitz, what's stopping The King from just teleporting and telekinetically dragging him toward him directly into an attack. Lightning Dash amps speeds but that doesn't mean he somehow resists telekinesis all of a sudden and how can you sense telekinesis? It's invisible and doesn't interact with anything but what the user chooses specifically so by the time he would sense it he would already be grabbed.

66Gaming123 said:
I just recalled something, from what I know the King fights in close quarters, Ethan's Shockwind Burst could potentially just blast him away and knock him back, making close range combat hard to do, unless I'm overestimating Shockwind's power
Shockwind's power varies depending on how much Ethan inputs Energy into it, it could be his strongest or weakest attack. So for example he could make it's power stronger than Thunder Orb or even Inferno Beam

Ethan resists Elemental Manipulation, that includes Ice, Fire, Electricity and Light to some extent.

About the telekinesis pull thing... you aren't wrong, at all. However, there is something stopping him, Lightning Dash should be faster than the guy could think, since it's MHS vs MHS+. So while on paper that would work, Ethan may just slip out of the guys Telekinesis before he can even try to get a hold on him. I don't quite understand what you mean by that last part all to well, but in the case Ethan does get grabbed, he could just Shockwind Burst the King away from close range so he won't be hit so easily. (does his telekinetic hold have any sort of limit, like being too damaged or fatigued to keep using it?)

oh...

well if that's the case that a big L in the chat, without that Lightning Dash speed I'd say Ethan gets completely haxstomped since it was kinda the only thing going for him. I guess he can hold him off for a little bit with Shockwind Burst and just forking stall for days until King runs out of stamina, but if Lightning Dash is gone, RIP. I could still try and argue in Ethan's favor though and see where it gets us

Does the forcefield protect from underneath too? because from what I understand it diverts stuff away, so a Flare Eruption may just be too close for the field to deflect it away in time (unless it sends the thing 180 degrees backward)

Fair enough, sorry for the confusion. I honestly thought I fixed that scaling a while ago.

But yeah, I think The King takes this.

Okay I'll have to reevaluate my arguments since Ethan's speed is outta here now

the King has the following things that give Ethan the biggest troubles

• Forcefields, make Ethan go close range until broken
  • Regen to some extend
  • Telekinesis
  • Teleport

Ethan will have a ton of trouble trying to fight Forcefields, he'll need to go close range and make every one of his hits count. I don't see this as a major problem compared to the others. And since Telekinesis is pulling him in, he's going to be at close range all the time anyway

Telekinesis/Teleport Combo: Okay this is where Ethan starts to really have trouble. 6th Sense will come in handy to tell when King teleports, so he can react. He's going to get grabbed anyway, so this is a close range fight. However, Ethan has a saving grace, Shockwind Burst can be adjusted to continuously blast King again and again as they get in to close range (the King is mainly close range I think)while dealing a ton of damage. Same can be said with Ice Spikes. While the King will always have control of Ethan's movement, nothing is stopping Ethan from employing this strategy over and over until the forcefields break and then go ham with the projectiles

Also Subterra Strike can potentially help Ethan hide and get an edge as well

Actually. I think Ethan can still do this

Smashtwig's argument definitely makes sense to me. I think Ethan can just spam Shockwind Burst long enough so that the forcefields go down. Yes, while Ethan's body is totally in control, it doesn't mean he's not helpless. Once the Forcefields are down, while Ethan still may be in control, his projectiles will give him a big advantage

(does telekinesis have some limit like loosing control via pain? Or can it be held for however long desired)

WAIT, ETHAN HAS AP (his durability scales to his Thunder Orb: Fist, so theres that too). Well I guess that helps speed up the process for him I suppose. Oh, and Genius Intellect, so he'd figure out this strat pretty quick.

I just realized that the Shockwind Burst can potentially throw sand around and make a smokescreen/blind King

Um shockwaves he uses is pressured air right? Because that is a projectile and can be deflected.

Telekinesis is not really focused based, he can change from a sub-conscious binding or he can actively focus on it.

Physical Projectiles are also susceptible to telekinesis is it not?

Once again this is banking on the King standing there and not teleporting to a save distance. Which thanks to that ability has the better mobility now.

Um... about the smokescreen/blindness won't really work because telepathy makes it he can keep track of where Ethan is at all times. Even if you say he can't probe his mind he can still detect his surface level thoughts.

Like a lot of other attacks, Shockwind can be both a projectile and melee, but I guess you're right it can be deflected, Ice Spikes could easily replace the role though.

Telekinesis doesn't seem to be counterable now

Yes they are, but Ethan's file says that his elements cannot be controlled. So not only is telekinesis futile aganist his projectiles, the forcefields may be too

Yeah it kind of is, but, King will eventually have to get close at some point to attack since his range is limited, eventually Ethan can get decent hits in after learning teleportation habits and such, remember, 6th Sense can help counterattack a teleportation

Back