• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 6

I'll respond in a bit as well

My salt is incredibly real because of the DQ Negation so I want sooooooo bias

Smashtwig said:
I'll respond in a bit as well
My salt is incredibly real because of the DQ Negation so I want sooooooo bias
His Durability Negation refers to weakening the connection between the soul and body, which, unfortunately for his case, won't work as he lacks what falls under the definition of "soul". If we count the in-verse anima, similar to the aforementioned, it'll make no effect on due to obvious reasons.

Now, here's my input, looking through both of the profiles.

I'm not sure how much a "dozen" times gives AP-wise, but i'll guess it is a high-end of the tier. I can't do the simple math right now due to being in a rush.

I see both are competent leaders, i'll use the intelligence of The King's son as i'm unknown of the father, since it simply lacks any classificaiton at all, though, merit is there for running a kingdom and being the main head of the military.

Austerus is quite lucky; he does not really use any firearms, or even laser based, which The King appears to null by his forcefield's abilities. This is due to his mutation, which is a backlash, but provides nice strength and overall body capabilities. Knowing this, i'll advance more.

Austerus, knowing The King is a threat (assuming it is SBA, pretty obvious case) will probably rush in towards him. Seeing he has no firearms, he will indeed be a bit more straight on his way of fighting as his fear is the aforenamed, but he'll need to watch out as this guy may be more powerful than him physical-wise.

In that, I can see the alien leader having the experience edge. Despite The King being, well, what the name itself tells, Austerus has already dealt with opponents that are a bit over his leagues in terms of strength prowess; Anaschimatizó and Anoikodomo, the former using the states of matter on himself, while the latter uses its properties on his being, are well on his league and have far more troublesome abilities than The King appears to display, yet he managed to get over them by thinking out things in the field before getting his face and rear end blasted with plasma, getting stomped by 100 ton alien. He also has his philosphy of punches thingy, which is just a cheap name for martial arts that himself has developed. That would be useful, alongside techniques, in the warzone. This a point for Austerus.

Austerus rushes in, but The King has range with his "other abilities". That will stop him for a while, depending on what those other abilities are. Fire and ice, respectively, will not restraint him much due to his nice capability of mantaining homeostasis in harsh conditions and having it enhanced a bit by his mutation, Hyperkinesis. His light manipulation, well, Austerus has already seen a similar mutation, Thermo-Photokinesis, from Athanatos. However, they are not applied in any remotely similar way, but if it involves blinding/stunning through, he is fine on that field by previously mentioned reasons. Those long-range attacks will be quite troublesome if he doesn't get on time, but he'll eventually get over it and get in his respective extend or even close-quarters range. This a point for Austerus, as well.

Getting in his range, the most in-character thing to end this for him would be throwing him far away, aka his technique "Faraway Voyage of a Hundred Kilometers". This won't be issue for King, due to his impressive speed. Then, seeing that ain't working, Austerus will try escalating a bit higher, performing the "Gut Swirl", "Spine Hurl" or an ocassional "C'mere!". King isn't a inanimate statue, he'll obviously try countering a bit with his psychic abilities, but as previously mentioned, it'll be just background pain for him. Eventually, he'll land a hit or two, getting a grasp on how he is fighting. King will heal, but Austerus will just keep. going. I'm not sure how fast his Regenerationn or healing is, but this alien guy is an stubborn type of person. He will keep shouting and shouting attack after attack, eventually the one with higher endurance wearing out of tiredness or wounds.

I didn't mentioned Regenerationn or his willing-to-kill "special" attack, as i don't think it is really neccesary to pull out here and neither it is much in-character to do even if he knows someone is a threat, as these things are rather obvious to figure out.

tl;dr, if Austerus manages to get in range, The King could fight on, but not much till he gets overwhelmed and wears out. Austerus won't kill, as that is violating his beliefs, but he'll just incap even if his opponents gets up a time or two.

This a vote for my character. Sorry if i sound biased towards him, these are just my points. You guys could also provide your counter-points as well.

Give me a bit just got off work, I'll respond to these in a bit. But in his Verse a soul is quite different as well.

I'll vote after some arguments.

I should pit Valev against these guys.

"His Durability Negation refers to weakening the connection between the soul and body, which, unfortunately for his case, won't work as he lacks what falls under the definition of "soul". If we count the in-verse anima, similar to the aforementioned, it'll make no effect on due to obvious reasons."

His Durability Negation does refer to how the Sword is semi-intangible as it passes through armor and skin and hits the soul dead on. A Soul in W.L.A is implanted in all things that has consciousness by Necroxelth. A soul is not something "Natural". So I don't know how that interacts with anima's soul stuff.

"In that, I can see the alien leader having the experience edge. Despite The King being, well, what the name itself tells, Austerus has already dealt with opponents that are a bit over his leagues in terms of strength prowess; Anaschimatizó and Anoikodomo, the former using the states of matter on himself, while the latter uses its properties on his being, are well on his league and have far more troublesome abilities than The King appears to display, yet he managed to get over them by thinking out things in the field before getting his face and rear end blasted with plasma, getting stomped by 100 ton alien. He also has his philosphy of punches thingy, which is just a cheap name for martial arts that himself has developed. That would be useful, alongside techniques, in the warzone. This a point for Austerus."

I disagree, as I said in The King's previous round "The King fights people who spend decades to master fighting techniques and those guys finesse Alex like nothing. Who in turn basically outskills almost everyone he faces with his grapples." also "Ok, so the idea is that the low-end is the safest bet. But Alex barely is able to actually use the cloak and others who can are considered stronger than he could be until he reaches their age. Meaning even using the higher-end those monks are stronger than him. Now the king takes on people like them pretty casually usually taking down a duo or trio pretty comfortably."

He also leads constant military campaigns that crush other nations with the only ones that haven't fallen being the Native Americans, The Pasters, and The Monks via sheer power and hax advantage of their troops vs his and yet he still holds the favorable stance.

Also how well will your characters do as every few seconds it gets harder and harder to think and react due to the his mental stress ability. It's not even something he has to activate it is something passive.

GreyFang82 said:
I was unknown of his stuff since his intelligence section or feats overall is quite blank. But thanks for clarifying.

In that case, i will reiterate my answer to them having quite a similar experience age. I'm not going to bring the thing that "austerus is 2000+ yr's old so he has immense intelligence stomp lul", no. Black Eyed Aliens actually do slack off in activities rather than intensively training all day all years. This is the same reason the civilization itself takes two or one millenia to advance what humans have done in two centuries, the biological immortality.

However, i will not say him is just a big ol' sloth. As it says on his profile, he's been "training" (or more properly trying to find his own philosophy/martial art) after he was teached in the government's official army, but ultimately left due to viewing their studies as "savage" or "wild" (see the attack "Dim Mak").

How many years? I don't know, to be honest. It would be an absolute exaggeration to say so, but he should have enlisted himself enough time to have the proper action of leaving (we could say an 8 years training?) Though, take into account he escaped, he did not tell "hey i'm leaving, goodbye".

After this, he should have taken quite a bit of time to find out that closing his hand would just crush his fingers and knuckles due to its inherent natural structure, or his own philosphy, yada yada. He's also the leader of a relatively small camp, but it takes quite an effort to be the only staff member and directing over 50 units at different time and places.

In other words, not only has he trained intensively in a previous span of time, but has actually found himself in an even longer one after he escaped perfecting his techniques, modifying new ones or even creatings his own. As a previously mentioned, though, this amount of experience or time is unknown.

I'd say he's own par with The King, taking into account your statements.

On the soul stuff, honestly i still think he has a resistance against it. Anima, mens and corpus (fancy names for soul, mind and body) are things all present on living beings, as well. Even unliving things, the corpus is the thing that gives "shape" or a "form" to them, if i explain myself well. Mens is self-explanatory.

Anima, however, is a bit different. Other than being what it says on the title, it is rather the "pillar" of the two other things. I like to refer to it as the balance; if you sever the anima in some way or another, you sever the other two as well, in a greater or smaller extent depending on the damage. You destroy it, the two things are going to eventually fade as well. They are all essential for life, but we could say the anima is an step higher contrasted to the two in terms of priority. Even if The King didn't have his sword, if he could well land a hit on Austerus anima it'll eventually fade as he has no way of resisting, and eventually the other two will be gone, as well.

Seeing what you say about your soul thing, it is actually quite similar removing the consciousness thing.

However, the alien guy does not have this anima-thingy issue. In fact, he does not even have one, as well as most aliens from the same species. This is not common, but it does happen in the universe, not only on them.

As i said previously, if there's no anima, there's no balance whatsoever. This is a HUGE loss if a living entity does not have the aforenamed, but in compensation, their very own beings have developed and "enhanced" the other two concepts in the abscence of anima, to prevent them from "collapsing". You could think of these three as a bulding; while the anima is the pillars on it, the corpus is the concrete surrounding the structure, while the mens is the decoration, roof and aesthetic stuff. Hopefully it'll be more understandable with this analogy.

This is also the reason these extraterrestrials are quite more beefy and inherently "intelligent", but that's not the case for now.

However, there's a thing i forgot to mention, which is abscent descriptio-wise on Austerus profile due to being partially incomplete, but you could check it on Abspatio's page, which is a guy of the same characteristics: the Oculinani. The full description is on the page, i don't want to make this wall of text any longer.

I must note, though, that these guys due to being in a society full of these interesting features, most of them just go plain unnoticed. Sadly, this is the case of the oculinani, as well. If Austerus manages to land an accidental stare on The King (which, as you mentioned, has a soul), it'll be "freezed" or "spooked" for the same amount of time the alien keeps the eye contact. It would be enough to cease whatever King is currently doing, but should recover relatively quickly.

If both spend enough time and not get both killed/incapacitated prior to that, i can see one of them figuring out what's that one thing that disables The King's movements for some seconds. If it is Austerus, it would turn on a big advantage to him before the mental stress builds up on himself for too long, but if it is The King... well those are not good news for our loud military leader. It would go unnoticed for him, not seeing any difference, yes, but The King just has avoided a big thing that could counter him. In this scenario, i honestly don't know who would outlast who or deliver the coup de grâce.

I'm sorry for these long answers, i personally prefer seeing a bit of interactions and not just outright throwing the hax as if they were killing machines specifically designed for that. No offense to anyone in here, i'm just saying.

By the way, Austerus should have a pretty good AP edge whatwith 500 Tons vs 152.304481649 Tons

also bump in the night

I'm leaning towards Aus, if that's the case.

Oh, yeah The King is at a pretty bad AP disparity. If the king was closer in AP I would still argue he would win but with an almost 3 times difference... yeah Aus FRA.

Alright not that

I'll get the next round up and running

Back