• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ethan Xavier vs Deathbolt - The final battle - FC/OC 8-B Tournamen

A step away from the grand prize... the last battle begins.

Ethan (OmniRealm Warriors) vs Deathbolt

Both are at their 8-B forms

Speed IS unequal

Both have basic knowledge of each other (i.e some basic attacks each other uses, not their most complex ones)

Both are bloodlusted

Ethan has most of his attacks that don't make tier jump and Deathbolt too, except Insanebolt.

They fight in a tournament-like area (Take in idea the DBZ ones, yeah, similar to those)

Both are at 100 meters of each other

FIGHT

Ethan Xavier:

Deathbolt:

Inconclusive:

Alright for this one I will NOT vote.

I simply just don't know who would win.

I will answer questions or clear up misconceptions however

Not a game changer. It's pretty much a trait Deathbolt has that allows him to challenge the odds where most would give up. So its possible use is to break out of strong binds or something

In terms with power with Ember Overdrive, Ethan's attack doesn't increase dramatically, but significantly. If I'd would like to round, it would be same attack power of Ragebolt. As for speed, same story, it would probably put him at Hypersonic like Ragebolt. Only difference between RB and EO is that Ember Over deals damage to Ethan. I'll add those details later

Aaaah I see. Jeez this is difficult. But I'll give it my best shot.

I was thinking that Ethan could give Deathbolt some difficulty with Statitics Amplification because he'll deal more damage. But I think his shadow grabbing him could make things difficult for Ethan. Deathbolt can heal him from any damage that he may receive. He could maybe overwhelm him with danmaku maybe unless Ethan has dealt with that before. If not then combined with his healing, electricity can ignore durability.

I'm probably gonna give it to Deathbolt.

To clarify the Danmaku thing, yes Ethan has dealt with that with Subterra Strike and Super Signal beforehand. Keep in mind Ethan technically does have dura negate due to his own electricity, but he just never uses it or even realized that it was a option

B I G B U M P

It would be nice if one were to give their honest opinion @Izreldan @ZephyrosOmega @DMUA @Drag-O-Drawgon @XMark12 @Boc1991 @Uninown @Colonel Krukov @like legitimately anyone that isn't me or 66Gaming123

Sorry if this is annoying

How long was Super Signal Supposed to last? And can he even use it in his 8-B Key? It's not listed there.

Super Signal can potentially last forever if Ethan can maintain the absurd concentration to use it constantly, which he definitely CANNOT (3 Minutes at maximum and megahighballing, I'll add that in to his profile). Ethan would only use it short moments: for example, if Deathbolt tries to use his Danmaku, Ethan would activate Super Signal for as long as he can to attempt to dodge all of the hits. Though he could just use Subterra Strike to go underground and evade all of it.

Canonically, Ethan cannot use it in his 8-B key, but he is allowed to use it for this tourney as it doesn't jump tiers by itself, only increases reaction and processing speed. He used it for the rest of the tourney, so he should for the final battle as well anyway.

No it does not. Basically it increases the nervous systems speed (including electric signals, brain processing and comprehending, anything of the sort), movement speed, and speed of his Lightning Techniques.

I'm not sure something he can't use in 8-B should count for 8-B, but I didn't pay attention enough to really stop it, so let's roll I guess.

Danmaku is easily counterable as you illistrated, and Ethan can dodge Deathbolt's attacks and totally blitz him around with his techiques, going the same speed he can react but not the same speed he can move around and constantly keep up with.

I'll just vote Ethan for now

So... Ethan doesn't have it in his 8-B key? Then why exactly did we allow it to be a thing? That's like using Super Saiyan with Saiyan Saga Goku. Either way, Deathbolt FRA.

The problem is with his 8-B key is that he's fodder in that key. The conditions of the fight is that Ethan is able to use ALL of his techniques, as long as they don't tier jump. Because Super Signal doesnt enhance attack power, it is allowed. Same with the rest of the tourney

>in his 8-B key he's fodder

Then he should be treated as what he is, not a strange amalgamation of what he's not.

Regardless its been like this the whole time. We should let it roll this time like the rest of the matches. Besides, the conditions say all techniques are allowed anyway.

Anikitos should have been let his full capacity Souless eyes and time powers then.

But this is a 8-B tourney.

Maybe it's too late to fix, but either way, if Super Signal takes consentration, I don't know if constant lightning attacks is going to help, especially considering they'll be blasted if they don't have super signal active. He may be able to use Subterra strike to counter danmaku, but with MHS reactions, he could easily just blast Ethan when he gets up, either that or just fire everywhere so Ethan doesn't have anywhere safe to pop up. And if he does get hit, he will have to take the brunt of having over 4x less base AP (Though I don't know if his dura really scales to Thunder Orb: Fist, if it doesn't, he's in for it)

So, Deathbolt for now.

Lightning Dash doesn't need to be amped by Super Signal to do its job to out speed. Super Signal just speeds it up even more and gives more Lightning Dash variants

And yes Thunder Orb: Fist does scale. Also don't forget Ethan also has MHS reaction without Super Signal

Even bloodlusted, I doubt Deathbolt would continue to spam Danmaku when Ethan is underground or is dodging with Super Signal if it looks like it isn't working. He wouldn't take chances with how long Ethan can wait underground or maintain Super Sig and waste his Mana

I think im going Deathbotl FRA. It's too late to restrict Ethan now, i didn't notice but eh.

Deathbolt: 3 (DMUA, Uninown, Drag-O-Drawgon)

Ethan: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I may change my vote depending on the situation, like how Smashtwig mentioned above.

bump

Oh then, it is done.

Deathbotl officially won the tournament! Woooo!

You can add this as an special victory on his profile or something as a big reference that he won the first 8-B Tournament!

I feel like throughout this tourney there hasn't been enough attention to Ethan's Wind Techniques. Shockwind could potentially push Deathbolt away from close range attacks and Tornado Wall for projectiles.

But it's over now. I thought this would be much much closer, because I thought for a long time and couldn't come to a conclusion at all. If I were to vote, it'd be for inconclusive but I swore to not

Oh. I was actually gonna ask if their healing was automatic or does he like need to activate it.

Oh well. This was gr8! We should do tournaments here more often!

Okay. Time for the overview. At first it was thought that things were close (and they still kinda are). Ethan could dodge many things using his Lightning Dash and Super Signal, potentially able to overwhelm Deathbolt with speed. He could even dodge Danmaku with Subterra Strike. However, Deathbolt pulled ahead with his MHS reacting able to respond to Ethan's return to the aboveground, though he had MHS reactions too. But with Danmaku, Deathbolt had the battle under his control. Not only that, but Deathbolt's Shadow Hax and Healing may cause trouble even if Ethan had Statistics Enhancements. There are still many factors that may change the outcome of this fight, but before you know it, it was 4-0.

I'll give my own opinion

I really thought this match was much closer than results shown, maybe everyone thought it was a good match but I think this match could be either way.

Ethan can dodge pretty much all of Deathbolt's attacks with Lightning Dash and Super Signal, even his only MHS attack in the form of Thunder Taser due to his own MHS reactions. Yeah, this includes Danmaku too, Deathbolt would never use up so much of his own blood to continue raining Bloody Bolts when he sees Ethan either dodging with Super Signal or Subterra, and he would definitely not use Danmaku over and over for the same reasons.

Deathbolt does have the advantage of flight, though Ethan can still fight with his projectiles. Ethan does have an Anti-Air attack with his Tornado Wall, which would vacuum Deathbolt in.

These events would eventually just lead into a straight on fight using their various abilities. Ragebolt and Ember Overdrive are tied in stats, and the remaining abilities is just all about how the fighters use em. Either one could end up on top.

I feel the points (mainly Danmaku and the situations that followed) made that gave Deathbolt the edge weren't exactly the true factors that really sealed the fight. Deathbolt's Shadow wouldn't be able to keep up with Lightning Dash and Healing is a bit sluggish. Overall I think they are evenly matched and the fight can go either way

Back