• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Eh, Kirito is At least High Hypersonic+ in Combat normally, so, probably floors him before he can move in this situation, lest unequal. Equal on the other hand, It's ultimately a battle of who's better with lol speedamps

Super Signal is going to put Kirito at a massive disadvantage, but, if Ethan loses focus long enough, Kirito could easily null it with his darts. So, he has a good counter to that.

How long does his other amp last?

If you are talking about Ember Overdrive, that thing can last as long as Ethan wants it to last. It's only drawback is that it slowly damages Ethan, it can last him through a whole battle. Definitely.

Considering the kind of damage Kirito can deal out with Sword Skills, Xaiver might just end up getting splattered before he gets the opportunity to exploit his limited amping.

This looks like it comes down to Kirito nulling Super Signal and then depending on if Ethan either can remain functional long enough to beat up Kirito as he's in Ember Overdrive or if Kirito just activates Starburst Stream or the Eclipse which are both immensely faster then his normal sword skills which already blitz.

Hm... I'm assuming that Super Signal can be nulled even while it's activated. But if that is the case Ethan definitely has ways to evade this problem (how long does the null last?). First off the method of nulling is through darts and in character, Ethan's first instinct is to dodge it at all costs, he comes from a time where technology is so advanced that if he sees a mere dart is being used on him, he'd know it'd come with a special effect or some kind of catch

His Modes aren't his only ways to avoid damage quickly, Lightning Dash achieves the same speed as Super Signal (though it has its own limitations) and gets even faster when Super Signal is active, so he has his own blitz. He also has a way to prevent getting blitzed himself, Shockwind Burst is a useful way to handle overly fast opponents that hit him from many angles. That combined with his MHS+ Reaction Speed (see first key) and he can probably evade many of Kiri's attacks and VERY aerodynamic darts

2 minutes.

Even if he knows it's a trick, doesn't stop Kirito from just throwing it when he's mid air or in some other stipulation where he can't dodge. Kirio wouldn't just throw the dart out randomly.

Speed was equal so MHS+ reactions doesn't mean squat.

Actually, now that I remember, Kirito's darts have a Paralysis function as well, so if he gets hit, they're outright hecked.

Coupling that with a lot more survivability via Regen, I think I'd have to give it to Kirito. Despite Ethan's many methods of speed amping which last for awhile, Kirito's Survivability and methods to counter seem to outdo it.

How exactly is Kiri gonna even land a dart if Ethan can just blast it away with Wind. The darts that Kiri uses (according to the picture) are quite aerodynamic reliant, Ethan's Air Manip should counter it no problem, he doesn't have to dodge in that situation and if he wanted to he can use Wind to push himself away in any direction to dodge. Ethan also can use his knives to deflect the darts away as well, and if Super Signal is active he should have enough time to recognize a dart and how to deflect it

It's gonna take a good amount of hits to bypass regen, but with his speed amps I don't think it would be much of a problem

Because it's also being thrown by Kirito who has comparable AP. Not to mention there's element of surprise that wouldn't easily let him see a dart coming at him if he's not amped.

Super Signal requires constant concentration. Which not only can he only maintain for so long against normal opponents, but he also has to deal with Kirito's Abridged sort of personality.

For example, when tied up with Oblivion's Chain, Kirito responded with

"Kirito: Man dude could you at least have lubed me up first before going all in? Geez, it's a little tight in here."

I don't see Ethan managing to not laugh/get annoyed at his constant banter like that.

Kirito can also just counter his hits via a sword skill. An in Canon ability of his is extreme skill in just outright hitting so they don't hit you via Sword Skills, so if he wants to just punch him alot like that, he can easily activate a sword skill for an effective no u. He's not exactly easy to approach, especially when the methods you do have are on a time limit and up against Regen.

Just like all ORW characters and Wayne, Ethan can sense oncoming attacks from any direction, there won't be a surprise attack. Yes the darts have comparable AP, but that doesn't negate the aerodynamic nature of the darts, the Wind is sure to change the course of the darts and if that for some reason isn't an option, Ethan can still use Wind to dodge in mid air, cancel them out with ice shuriken, or knives to deflect

If Ethan had Wayne's personality when he was a teen, he would be annoyed, but Ethan in this key is personally trained by Adult Wayne to keep calm at all times, nothing verbal should be able to phase him easily whatsoever. The first time Ethan was defeated by the main villian was because he lost concentration from verbal attacks.

I dont really get what you are trying to say with that last paragraph about sword skills being a defensive tool, an example would be nice. But in terms of approaching, not a SINGLE boss fight in ORW is a simple approach in battle, if Ethan can use bananas to defeat an opponent many times stronger and faster than him, he can probably do this too.

Also, minus Final Burst, doesn't Ethan have the AP advantage (90 vs 60) also it's good to note that Ethan can switch from SSignal to EOverdrive and back on a dime for maximum damage output

Ethan is essentially haxless whereas Kirito has pretty weak hax.

But weak hax beats no hax, so for now I'll vote Kirito FRA (I really did scour Ethan's page in case I was missing something).

>haxless

>N A N I

Super Signal gives the speed amp advantage, Kirito's ways of negating it are vast, (wind, shuriken, knives, 6th Sense). I'd say Ethan has a L O T of hax, his ice can freeze Kiri solid, wind can defend or mess up Kiri's footing, and fire/explosions just do massive damage

Kiri: 2 (DMUA, Bambu)

Explosions, ice, and fire aren't hax.

I'm voting Ethan, I feel as though Ethan's multiple different ways of guarding against the darts which make his speed amp (which I think is better than Kiri's?) nulled are going to give him an edge. His ice wall can block attacks, ice bombs can freeze Kiri solid

And Ethan's elemental attacks give him a better range advantage too, all Kiri's got is darts, which get blocked, and sword, which is outranged and outsped.

His speed amps are on par I believe.

Ice can get shattered, Kirito's very dangerous with a Sword and Sonic leap can give a massive "no u" to range spam.

Smashtwig said:
It's not a matter of him attacking from another angle, it's a matter of a melee fighter suddenly pulling darts on him and flinging.

They do however allow him to just throw it hard enough to not be completely blown away.

I refer to

• Counter-Play (OSS. Kirito-exclusive. Can use Weapon Skill+Magical Skill (w/ a Sword Skill) instead of Agility to counter. The penalty for countering will still remain however)
He was able to use this so well he basically no hit run Gergy (SAO:TTRPG).

You do realize it's 99.999999999999999 Megatons right? The 62 Megatons feat was performed by something Zeke (SAO:TTRPG) beat with a 18 Weapon Skill Modifier. Kirito has a 52. Not to mention Sword Skill amps make it even higher.

Figured that would be restricted, but if not, it's definitely not going to be pretty if Kirito gets a final burst on him.

Hm, I thought Ethan's Super Signal was gon put Kiri at a disadvantage like u said at the beginning of the thread because I thought it was faster. But if it's on par then Ethan can still use Lightning Dash in Super Signal making him even faster, and because it has variations, it can really mix Kiri up. If I'm getting this right, the only thing Kiri has to keep up is his own speed amps, final burst, and most importantly darts right? If darts can be evaded in so many ways I don't see Kiri getting his attacks to land

Ah I see thanks for the AP clarification, I should probably restrict Final Burst to prevent stomping.

Still, darts can be evaded in other ways like deflecting with knives, hammers, or ice shurikens/sword. I don't really understand this Counter Play thing

Yeah, but how long can he focus on Lightning Dash and Super Signal at once? I feel like either you're exaggerating his concentration or exaggerating "IMMENSE concentration" which Super Signal demands. Not to mention, there's nothing stopping Kirito from just taking a second to observe using his higher perception and just Eclipsing where Ethan doesn't expect.

Lightning Dash is like a burst move so he doesn't concentrate much on it at all, it's his most used thing so it's like second nature to him, even though he can't spam it. The concentration he needs lessens over time for Super Signal, when Ethan first used it, all he could do was melee but in this key he could do so many other actions and thoughts along with it.

Higher Perception? Isnt that just normal enhanced senses? Isnt Eclipsing just a rapid sword attack? What do you mean by "Eclipsing where Ethan doesn't expect"?

Perception also usually negates blitzing as shown many times in the game.

As in he uses it when Ethan isn't prepared to dodge

I dont think Ethan would NOT be prepared to dodge at any time during Super Signal. Signal is kinda like Ultra Instinct but instead of the body doing all of the work, the neural signals run so fast that Ethan would be able to percive an attack coming a mile away. So even while he is attacking Ethan can still dodge his enemies while doing it, thats the point of the creation of the technique, to able to see and be ready to dodge attacks that Ethan didnt see coming... And also to outspeed.

Even is perception can deal with blitzing its not like it prevents Ethan can bring other techniques into the mix to catch Kiri off guard. An example being an initial Lightning Dash to Thunder Orb right in Kiri's face to a Lightning Jump behind him and then blasting with Inferno Beam at point blank

You literally just described a speed amp. Not only that but you described him in Super Signal which Kirito would not be dumb enough to try throwing at.

I mean

Yes but

Eclipse as he's in his face and not ready to evade as he's trying to Rasengan him seems pretty effective

Him using attacks as he's blitzing, which Kirito is fine dealing with, isn't anything special. In fact, not attacking would be more special.

oh... WHUPS

Well right now I don't really know what each side really has over each other so maybe we should regroup the facts we have before continuing cuz I'm getting confused

So basically:

Ethan:

• Speed Amp is Faster (Electric Signal)
    • Lightning Dash does make it even faster
    • Has a backup Speed Amp that is also affected by Lightning Dash
  • Many ways of guarding/evading against darts
  • Ways to detect surprise attacks
  • Range
  • An arsenal of different elemental attacks that can mix up Kiri and deal large damage
  • Calm Mind, can ignore Kiri being annoying
Kiri:

• Darts
  • Skills that:
    • Are Speed Amps
      • Eclipse and Starburst Stream can keep up with Super Signal
    • Deal with Speedblitz
    • Deal with Range
  • Annoying Personality
  • Regen
  • Could be hard to approach with Sword Skills / Counter-Play?
Am I getting this right?

Assuming that this is all the two have notable aganist each other the skill sets seem to be able to counter each other well. Darts are countered by Ethan's various ways of evading, Kiri has ways to get past both the speed amp and the range advantage.

I personally think that Ethan's sheer versatility of elemental techniques are going to help far more than Kiri's sword swings can help him. Regen may help Kiri survive a bit longer but I dont think it would be enough. Still I might go incon for this

Well, Eclipse and Starburst Stream which are both amps upon amps are probably something that could keep up with Super Signal but, yeah, that's kinda the idea.

Also, restricting Final Burst doesn't change much. Ethan's basically forked if he gets hit with Paralysis, being perfectly vunerable to getting practically liquified by Sword Skill spamming. Getting blasted by one doesn't change the Dynamics of the fight.

What does "Getting blasted by one doesn't change the dynamics of the fight" mean?

How long do Dart effects last?

2 minutes. More then long enough to completely shred Ethan while he can't do squat due to Paralysis.

There's hardly any difference if he kills Ethan with a Final Burst or Skill connecting 2 massive damage attacks, either way it'll be over if he's hit with the dart.

Ok Ethan does have some moves that dont need him to move but I doubt it would help him stall for 2 whole minutes, maybe Shockwind Burst could keep Kiri out of range but not likely

so this whole fight relies on 2 factors from what I'm getting. Both are incredibly difficult for both sides respectively

• Is Ethan capable of defeating Kirito's survivability within 10 minutes of higher speed Super Signal before losing concentration and having to start up a new Super Signal ASAP?
    • May help:
      • Lightning Dash when Super Signal is inactive is a replacement for Super Signal as it moves at the same speed
      • Lightning Dash and it's variations when Super Signal is active makes Ethan even faster and outspeeds even more than Super Signal initially did
        • Kirito has dealt with Blitz tho
      • Range
        • Kirito has dealt with Range tho
  • Can Kirito land an especially powerful sword skill or dart when Ethan has many ways to evade both options?
    • May help:
      • using Darts at closer/melee range, though it may not make a difference if he can land it or not
      • sneak attacks from unorthedox angles
        • Ethan's 6th sense can negate these attempts though
      • Throw Dart when Ethan can't dodge
        • Ethan has countless ways to block darts anyway
      • maybe GET SOME RANGE. SERIOUSLY BRO GET A BLADE BEAM ALREADY

DMUA has told me Kirito doesn't immediately open with darts. If that's the case, shift my vote to Ethan. Without those darts going on instantly, Ethan would take this pretty easily.

I mean, he doesn't Immediately throw them, but if Kirito's just waits for Ethan to be in just the right spot and out of Super Signal, then he'll nail him for sure. He is pretty crafty just like his compatriates.

Mid Regen is still pretty tough to bypass with brute Force, especially considering Kirito is far from a sitting duck and could easily take the time it needs to pull a skill at the right time and mop the floor with Ethan.

I think there are blade beam attacks in SAO:TTRPG but no one uses them because compared to the other stuff they're kinda the bicc succ

Not to mention, I've never brought this up because I thought it didn't mean much, but Kirito actually has a massive range edge at the start of the fight. SBA says it's as far as the absolute maximum range of one of the characters, IE, if Kirito was to have a skill that crosses Kilometers of land easily (Sonic Leap) and Ethan could only hit a few meters, they'd be standing the max SBA distance of 4 KM away, and Kirito could easily blast in for a free hit.

Doesn't effect much unless that's a really clean first hit that deals a fatal blow (note: even comparable fighters can kill each other in one stroke with a sharp weapon and a strike to the head or heart), by which case that's another edge in his favor.

The situation where Ethan not only out of Super Signal AND is in the perfect spot where he can't somehow dodge or defend against the dart would be too rare to happen. Because Speed is Equal I doubt it'll happen easily

For Regen, Ethan's Inferno Beam should do the trick, it's made for pretty much drilling holes through bodies and heads, not to mention the heat could possibly fry Kiri's brains

The range you are talking about still doesn't mean that it's an extended melee attack in the end, Ethan still "outranges" in the end

And I never knew the comparable character sword thing was actually an edge. It kinda screws with my whole verse in this VS Battle Wiki setting. In my verse, comparable character can stab each other in the hearts and stuff, but nothing actually insta kills him, like if Joey Contra slashed Wayne in the neck, Wayne would take damage but he wouldn't be beheaded. I'm not sure if that applies here though. Ethan also has knives, shurikens, and swords too as well

Kiri: 1 (DMUA)

Ethan: 2 (66Gaming123, Mr. Bambu)

Incon: 1 (Smashtwig)

Ethan has the advantage outside of those darts. If he waits to use them, then Ethan probably eats him before Kirito gets the chance.

Not too rare with good aim and perception, even if it requires a bit of luck and patience... Which of course the later of which Kirito doesn't have in that much droves

He has Mid so no particular spot it actually going to instakill.

Sonic Leap can leap across Kilometers of land within a second, I don't think that's extended melee

Game Mechanics are a thing, so, not like that's just outright throwing logic out the window. Now if that happens in cutscenes...

Shrulk

Even if the aim is MLG 420 Blazeit level, it doesn't matter if Ethan has like 5 different ways to deflect the darts. Given the shape of the darts, I dont think Kiri would be able to curve their trajectory enough for a mixup attack. The darts are pretty much the thing that would carry Kiri to victory, the rest is just to help aganist Ethan's overwhelming speed amp.

But Mid doesnt mean that he wont take any damage at all, eventually its gonna be whittled down by speed and a buncha powerful stuff of various elements

Still Sonic Leap is a Dash attack, so to me I think that's a extended melee because he's still moving to attack at close range

In ORW getting stabbed in vital places is pretty common, even in the training scenes which is most definitely canon

Ethan's speed amps also don't last forever, and especially can't last forever if they're in close range and Kirito throws a dart

It means he can't just melt his brain, he's going to spend a bit of time dealing with it

Ugh

Gergy Kai and Sage got into a race

All of them crossed about 8 Kilometers of land within a second

Gergy was using Sonic Leap

What part of Gergy using Sonic Leap and crossing Kilometers of land is a few meters and thereby extended melee to you

That sounds impossible but I have no control over your media

Is outright decapitation or having a limb chopped off something familiar though

Does throwing a Dart give Kirito a speed amp? I thought only Sword Skills do that. Because even at close range I doubt Kirito can even land a Dart, especially if Ethan is using LDash+SSignal. If Super Signal happens to run out, LDash is a replacement as it goes at the same speed when it isn't powered by SSignal, Ethan can run using LDash to get behind a building or something and power up another fresh SSignal.

My logic is broken for the range thing.

Decapitation/Impalement can happen, but in my verse it's odd, comparable characters can't impale each other at all, it does damage no doubt but it more of knocks em back instead of stab em. (If u wan a in-canon version it's pretty much something to do with Passive Energy Manip and that let's em yeah I think u get it)

Actually, he can enhance the speed he throws them at with the Black Dart, but, not normally. It's definitely going to take a lot of effort for sure.

Lightning Dash is just a movement increase though, not a reactions increase. If they're face to face and Kirito throws a dart, it'll take a bit more then that. Which he of course has but

Eh, that happens in fiction I guess, but without a canon explaination not sure that applies to a thread

Yeah that's why I'm thinking inconclusive, it takes a ton of effort for either side to get something in. Ethan does have Lightning Dash Variations though, so that's something that might matter

Lightning Dash was the basis of Super Signal. Even in the beginning, Ethan is able to control (react) his general direction when he used Lightning Dash to change which way he was going, it's not like he can't control his own speed. (See first key, his MHS+ reactions came from it, ik speed is equal but theres da justification)

The Energy thing was the explanation, it also explains a lot of things that defy some physics too, and it explains this too. The Energy would work to prevent the knife from piercing the body. It's kinda like trying to stab a plastic bottle or a tough shell in a way

Back