• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Sibylla vs Badd Virtus

CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Sibylla (Reincarnated as a Sword)Upscales from 15 Megatons7 (@DontTalkDT, @Popted2, @GoldenScorpions, @Epiccheev, @Ret_of_Guys, @Expectro2000xxx, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft )
Badd Virtus (Arifureta)14.19 Megatons
Inconclusive

• The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
So how does Badd determine whether Sibylla was a bad girl so that he can try to kill her?

That aside, 25 resistances go brrrr.

Web Novel Character, so no.
This is the battle of the imageless characters.

From what I see, Badd can absord magic with Egxess and put others to sleep by directing absorbing their mana. Sibylla is a magic user, so she'd be vulnerable to both effects.
However, Sibylla can fly and amp her speed drastically.

Can Sibylla eat magic and mana itself? Is she able to eat magic fired at her?

I tried to go to the Webnovel chapter to answer this question but the pages says "chapter 718", when the latest chapter is in the 400

So... I am gonna wait the user who chose her to answer the question

Edit: Ok, the page to read the webnovel was extremely dumb, I am searching it right now

From what I see, Badd can absord magic with Egxess and put others to sleep by directing absorbing their mana. Sibylla is a magic user, so she'd be vulnerable to both effects.
Thing is, she has a dungeon core in both herself and the sword, which supplies her with a constant mana supply. So draining her isn't easy. Additionally, her power isn't regular mana, but the power of chaos (dungeon cores are created by the goddess of chaos). Fran and Master (who also constantly have mana draining techniques active) needed to use a special anti-chaos technique in order to be able to wear her down.

Hasn't really shown it, but... probably? She can east curses, after all. Given, catching it in her mouth would be hard.

I tried to go to the Webnovel chapter to answer this question but the pages says "chapter 718", when the latest chapter is in the 400

So... I am gonna wait the user who chose her to answer the question
The latest translated chapter is 946. Check novelupdates.

Ok, so I read those chapters

And right now it seems that Badd is a better fighter than Sibylla, unless Fran in the Web Novel has become a Skill God, because the page makes Badd looks like a Skill god

Ok, so I read those chapters

And right now it seems that Badd is a better fighter than Sibylla, unless Fran in the Web Novel has become a Skill God, because the page makes Badd looks like a Skill god
Fran is a skill god (and has a speed advantage in that fight). She has the highest level sword fighting in the world (i.e. basically nobody is more skilled than her. The only one more skilled than Fran is Fran when she calls upon the Sword God).
Additionally, as shown in chapter 76, 3 levels of a skill gap is so large that it can't be covered if the fighters are approximately equal. 4 levels of difference is enough to keep up with a fighter that is simultaneously stronger and so fast that it is nearly impossible for you to even keep track of their movements.
Fran has essentially 21 levels in sword skill, so you can calculate the skill stomp layers to this.

Still, Sibylla downscales from Fran. I do actually think Badd is the better fighter, but not more of a skill difference than between Sibylla and Fran. As in: Sibylla should be able to block most blows, protect important areas etc. even if at a slight speed disadvantage... and if she is at a speed advantage she should do even better.

Last edited:
So how does Badd determine whether Sibylla was a bad girl so that he can try to kill her?
As long she is actively trying to kill him and don't appear particularly virtuous, forced against her will to fight or something like that then there shouldn't exist a problem, the same way that other Liberators can kill people like mercenaries or pirates without a care.

Though even without that he can always go for the incap.
However, Sibylla can fly and amp her speed drastically.
To note though, most enemies that Badd fight are able to fly (some with actual flight and most with platform creation)

About the speed part his first fight in the entire novel was against Laus Barn with his 3x speed amp active, something more to note is that Laus from base already scale higher than Badd (Badd get his speed from fight Lilith who is below Badd, and Badd is also able to fight equally with Miledi who can 10x amp her speed with her magic) so unless the speed amps are really big he shouldn't have big problems, also from his fight with Laus he showed to be able to use the force of the enemy attacks to increase both the force and speed of his own attacks.
Thing is, she has a dungeon core in both herself and the sword, which supplies her with a constant mana supply. So draining her isn't easy. Additionally, her power isn't regular mana, but the power of chaos (dungeon cores are created by the goddess of chaos). Fran and Master (who also constantly have mana draining techniques active) needed to use a special anti-chaos technique in order to be able to wear her down.
In general Mana abilities have showed to work against other type of unique energies, and in the specific case of Egxess it have showed to be able to absorb ancient magic which is fundamentally more abstract than normal magic so in principle he should be able to absorb her. Egxess can also absorb immense amount of energy, showed by being able to absorb the other Liberators ancient magic and in the current era by being able to absorb an attack from Yue (not a full powered Yue but still).

Since skill was mentioned will post a moment the general skill of the verse (like, the skill of those far below the important characters):
An human, who in verse is just decently skilled, is able to act perfectly normal while having his senses sealed (btw this character is unable to use magic or any supernatural power, so this is completely a pure skill feat). Acting without a sense or various senses is somehing consistent through the verse, with characters like Chris (who thanks to his battle honed instincts can dodge invisible spatial attacks), Vanessa (who had her eyesight robbed by a flashbang and even so could move in a room full of armed men), Gahard (who can not only defend against the ranged attacks of 120 Haulia from all directions with just the sound of the attacks alone while in complete darkness, but he can also do the same while having both his sight and hearing impaired do to the effects of flashbangs) or Detref (who could fight without any problem inside a fog with magical effects that affect the senses of the enemies inside), it's also said how just third-rate warriors relied just in their sight in a fight, and there are several more examples of situations of people fighting without be able to rely on their senses, some of which will appear in following scans.

Normal humans, humans unable to use any unique energy or supernatural power, can also do some extreme martial and acrobatics feats with high level of precision. Like for example the ones displayed in the fight between Kimberley and Allen (btw, the Berserkers mentioned are mutants created with a virus whihc transform people in strong monsters that can't die unless their brain is destroyed and who have potent regeneration), the fight of Vanessa vs Berserker Monkeys, the Allen vs Weiss, when Allen helped Taeko against demons and possessed fanatics (the demons were creatures invisible, that Allen couldn't sense nor perceive or even interact in any way and he only knew they were there, while the possessed fanatics were people with higher specs do to be possessed), when Sabas fought against the soldiers of the futuristic empire, in the whole Fukube vs onmyoujis fight (the onmyoujis were humans able to use special powers, that additionally summoned fantasy creatures called shikis which are basically monsters with some special trait), or the casual Ulfrick vs Altina fight (elfs in the verse don't have magic or any special power, so besides their longer lives and beauty they are just normal humans) there is also how Liliana (a princess that never in her life had physical combat training) mastered Aikido from internet videos which is a decent martial feat. While not actually a martial or acrobatic feat, there are some good precision feats from childs, like the first time Myu used a weapon (Myu had 6 years and this was like two weeks after meet Hajime and become his foster daugther) or Par who sniped apostles from 5km below (Par is a 10 years old child).

The verse also have show groups with high skill regarding warfare, as show with the Haulia clan when they annihilated the demon forces that invaded the Haltina forest (the same demon forces that almost killed a completely serious Ulfrick if the Haulia didn't saved him). Canonically the Yaegashi clan (a group of completely normal humans) is comparable with the Haulia clan and each have show to share and learn from the other clan, the Yaegashi clan is considered the leader of the ninja clans and are each member have deathly daily training regardless of their age or occupation, are a group that can casually try to kill Hajime and who have defeated the elite forces of multiple countries who attacked the Returnees families (which should had had the level of characters like Allen, Fukube and even Sabas).
It should also be noted that besides the things in his profile he is essentially speaking the most skilled person of Tortus in the Zero era, with only Vandre being comparable to him between the Liberators, (so he arguably would scale to Hajime in the middle of the main story since Apostles were equal to him at that point).

Last edited:
The thing about draining her not being easy wasn't quite about the amount of power, but about the fact that she basically has a mana (well, chaos) generator in her body and sword. It will always just restore itself after being drained.
Also, profile says Egxess has to touch the spell to absorb stuff. So since Sibylla uses no spells, but basically only uses her mana internally to boost herself, does it even have an effect?

That aside, telekinesis. Sibylla has telekinesis which she uses to blast the opponent. That's neither magic nor chaos, but a skill, so I don't think Egxess can absorb that as well. (even if, can't really touch telekinesis before it affects you)

And... yeah, what's his plan for dealing damage? As said, I don't think he can drain her mana until she falls asleep, so what is the other option?

The thing about draining her not being easy wasn't quite about the amount of power, but about the fact that she basically has a mana (well, chaos) generator in her body and sword. It will always just restore itself after being drained.
Also, profile says Egxess has to touch the spell to absorb stuff. So since Sibylla uses no spells, but basically only uses her mana internally to boost herself, does it even have an effect?

That aside, telekinesis. Sibylla has telekinesis which she uses to blast the opponent. That's neither magic nor chaos, but a skill, so I don't think Egxess can absorb that as well. (even if, can't really touch telekinesis before it affects you)

And... yeah, what's his plan for dealing damage? As said, I don't think he can drain her mana until she falls asleep, so what is the other option?
As long it doesn't generate energy infinitely (in which case her stamina rating should be changed) then it would eventually exhaust if he end absorbing it long enough, which he could since his own stamina can also let him fight for several hours and the absorbed energy would let him last longer.

As long Egxess touch her yes, it would end absorbing her energy.

Skills (called special magic in Zero era) exist in Tortus, and he can absorb them as long he touch them, there also are people with telekinesis as their skill and while he wasn't show fighting one of them (well, he briefly clashed with the sword saint, who had telekinesis, but he needed to go fight someone else so there was no much development) in principle based on the fact that he could affect other skills I would say it can also work with the telekinesis. Though even if he couldn't he can also just dodge them and fight at distance since he have higher range.

Aside from just beat her with normal cqc he can just overwhelm her from distance with thousand attacks, another possiblity is he using sneaky attacks with his stealth.

As long it doesn't generate energy infinitely (in which case her stamina rating should be changed) then it would eventually exhaust if he end absorbing it long enough, which he could since his own stamina can also let him fight for several hours and the absorbed energy would let him last longer.
Dungeon cores can seemingly provide power for a long time. I mean, that's why dungeons keep existing. However, I don't know the wattage and, besides chaos energy, physical stamina factors into overall stamina as well. Even if she had a little bit of chaos energy always available, at some point her muscles fail. Hence why I don't give her infinite stamina ~~although I did consider it when creating the profile for this tournament~~

As long Egxess touch her yes, it would end absorbing her energy.
Which kind of object is that anyway? Like, a sword? A stone?

Skills (called special magic in Zero era) exist in Tortus, and he can absorb them as long he touch them, there also are people with telekinesis as their skill and while he wasn't show fighting one of them (well, he briefly clashed with the sword saint, who had telekinesis, but he needed to go fight someone else so there was no much development) in principle based on the fact that he could affect other skills I would say it can also work with the telekinesis. Though even if he couldn't he can also just dodge them and fight at distance since he have higher range.
I feel like there's a difference to be had here, as in Ken Deshita skills are completely unrelated to magic.

And then there is the problem that he can't touch telekinesis. I guess if she, say, tries to telekinetically move his foot he could try to press Egxess against his foot. However, by the time he does so she would already have used that to fling him away and hence accomplished her goal. She is not one to keep someone floating or anything.

And not sure if that dodging would work. Not sure whether he can perceive it at all for a start, as it isn't energy. But even if, it's telekinesis not an energy projectile...

What kind of ranged attacks does he have?

Aside from just beat her with normal cqc he can just overwhelm her from distance with thousand attacks, another possiblity is he using sneaky attacks with his stealth.
With his AP he won't be able to deal lasting damage, due to her resistances and regen. Even Fran, who is stronger, sneakier and equally able to outrange, had to admit that it is pointless to just hammer her with attacks.

Which kind of object is that anyway? Like, a sword? A stone?
Sorry, don't know what you tried to say here.
I feel like there's a difference to be had here, as in Ken Deshita skills are completely unrelated to magic.

And then there is the problem that he can't touch telekinesis. I guess if she, say, tries to telekinetically move his foot he could try to press Egxess against his foot. However, by the time he does so she would already have used that to fling him away and hence accomplished her goal. She is not one to keep someone floating or anything.

And not sure if that dodging would work. Not sure whether he can perceive it at all for a start, as it isn't energy. But even if, it's telekinesis not an energy projectile...

What kind of ranged attacks does he have?
I mean, he (as well as the rest of Arifureta characters) have some great npi, so I don't really see why he would be unable to touch it. He also possess a greater LS so she can fling him.

Also, just remembered, but he resist telekinesis,

Standard senses of the verse aside, he scale above people who can just detect things by air movement or people who move entirely on instinct without their senses, and instincts that tell about danger spider-senses are quite common in the verse.

The type that create thousands of blades as attack.

It's a scythe
Ah, good to know.

I mean, he (as well as the rest of Arifureta characters) have some great npi, so I don't really see why he would be unable to touch it.
Have they demonstrated that? Like, again, Telekinesis is neither mana, nor ki, nor divine power, nor evil power, nor spirit power... Honestly, I'm not even sure if there is anything to touch, given that telekinesis doesn't shoot an energy beam at the opponent or anything.

He also possess a greater LS so she can fling him.
(I assume you mean can't fling him)
Greater LS doesn't mean you can't be flung? Especially if you can't fly. If you have no contact with the ground you really can't resist it at all. And a 7-B technique above his AP is going to cause knockback when it hits anyway. That, and damage.

Also, just remembered, but he resist telekinesis,
The telekinesis that he resists is based on mana, while this one isn't. (and if I'm honest, that sounds more like a weakness of the telekinesis than a resistance, but whatever.)

Also, I will take a guess and say Sibyllla's is probably stronger than what he resisted?

Standard senses of the verse aside, he scale above people who can just detect things by air movement or people who move entirely on instinct without their senses, and instincts that tell about danger spider-senses are quite common in the verse.
I wouldn't consider this fighting skill showings, rather than detection / perception skill showings. Contrary to, say, defeating in enemy without percieving them because you can predict all of their moves, defeating them because you can perceive them by some other means is a showing of how good your senses are. (or how you have alternate senses)

And Fran has the same kind of senses (and more) and Sibylla still held herself against her. Like, Fran has danger senses, can percieve gazes and presences, can sense magic and lifeforce, can detect when skills are used, can sense traps, see in the darkness, sense vibrations (especially through the ground), detect the airflow, sense heat and orientate herself via echolocation.

The type that create thousands of blades as attack.
Yeah, that's right within Sibylla's resistances. He won't be able to put her down with those. She could literally just tank them and then regenerate the damage faster than he deals it.

Have they demonstrated that? Like, again, Telekinesis is neither mana, nor ki, nor divine power, nor evil power, nor spirit power... Honestly, I'm not even sure if there is anything to touch, given that telekinesis doesn't shoot an energy beam at the opponent or anything.
Mana abilities can interact just fine with apparitions and their conception powers, conception abilities being powers that happen just because the concept of an apparition say so, so for example an apparition with the conception of kill those that look at it (Yato no Kami) appear he would just kill anything that look at him without using any sort of energy or something similar, they are abilities that aren't vased on the use of energy.
(I assume you mean can't fling him)
Greater LS doesn't mean you can't be flung? Especially if you can't fly. If you have no contact with the ground you really can't resist it at all. And a 7-B technique above his AP is going to cause knockback when it hits anyway. That, and damage.
The pain of not notice your error when rereading a message.
It can though, because the force of the telekinesis need to overcome the force that the user exert, if you are in the air and can't move then there is that one is more helpless (though I would argue that Badd would still be able to move in that situation via using his attacks to propel himself). Badd first fight on the novel was against Laus, who from base is not only stronger than him but also was amping his stats 3x, and was able to directly face him, he even got to the point of use Laus superior strength and speed to amp his own attacks (no, it wasn't the amp from Egxess absorption but just pure technique), so I don't see him getting overwhelmed.
The telekinesis that he resists is based on mana, while this one isn't. (and if I'm honest, that sounds more like a weakness of the telekinesis than a resistance, but whatever.)

Also, I will take a guess and say Sibyllla's is probably stronger than what he resisted?
No a weakness since it work against other beings without mana without problems, are specifically just the beings with mana that resist it.

That telekinesis had a higher LS than her and had its potency increased with various amps.
I wouldn't consider this fighting skill showings, rather than detection / perception skill showings. Contrary to, say, defeating in enemy without percieving them because you can predict all of their moves, defeating them because you can perceive them by some other means is a showing of how good your senses are. (or how you have alternate senses)

And Fran has the same kind of senses (and more) and Sibylla still held herself against her. Like, Fran has danger senses, can percieve gazes and presences, can sense magic and lifeforce, can detect when skills are used, can sense traps, see in the darkness, sense vibrations (especially through the ground), detect the airflow, sense heat and orientate herself via echolocation.
The people I'm talking specifically couldn't sense anything do to having their senses sealed, the one that was even compared to Badd had his ability to process information in general completely affected so he needed to fight purely on instincts.

Most of those things are senses that the Arifureta guys also possess though.
Yeah, that's right within Sibylla's resistances. He won't be able to put her down with those. She could literally just tank them and then regenerate the damage faster than he deals it.
She can't regenerate damage to her brain or decapitation, so don't see how she would tank attacks that focus on that, something that Badd can do with things besides his ranged attacks or direct cqc via just doing sneaky attacks.

Also, Badd couldn't disarm her? Because he possess the ability to do that. And before you say that she could also do that with Badd, she couldn't do to Egxess having its own will and ability to act by itself to certain extent, besides the skill part that you yourself acknowledged even before I posted anything about Badd skill.

Edit: Side note but will be somewhat busy with college work so don't think is strange if I don't answer for various hours.

That telekinesis had a higher LS than her and had its potency increased with various amps.
LS isn't the issue, though, but AP.

The people I'm talking specifically couldn't sense anything do to having their senses sealed, the one that was even compared to Badd had his ability to process information in general completely affected so he needed to fight purely on instincts.

Most of those things are senses that the Arifureta guys also possess though.
Yeah, but again, that's just a showing of senses / 6th sense / instinct, so how do they matter in this battle? She is not trying to blind him. It's just not a feat for weapon mastery.

She can't regenerate damage to her brain or decapitation, so don't see how she would tank attacks that focus on that, something that Badd can do with things besides his ranged attacks or direct cqc via just doing sneaky attacks.
Problem is, that he is unable to decapitate her or affect her brain. Due to the mixture of her resistances and durability he can't cause such major injuries and due to the regeneration he can't pile on smaller injuries to get there.

That was exactly the issue that Fran, someone stronger than Badd, had in her fight against Sibylla. It just wasn't possible to get enough DpS to kill her.

Also, Badd couldn't disarm her? Because he possess the ability to do that. And before you say that she could also do that with Badd, she couldn't do to Egxess having its own will and ability to act by itself to certain extent, besides the skill part that you yourself acknowledged even before I posted anything about Badd skill.
I mean, maybe, and then? She can still fight with her acid blood, Telekinesis and bare hands. Likewise, she can she pick up her sword again (even just by doing so with telekinesis). She is not actually very dependent on her blade. So disarming her gets him nowhere, even if he somehow manages (and I will point out again, that she could decently hold herself against Fran who is similarily skilled)

Speaking of acid blood: He has no resistance against that, it's not supernatural (she has it due to being a slime chimera) and it can even dissolve magical weapons (as shown on the example of Master). She can use that for both offense and for defense in the form of barriers. Fran got past the barrier using teleportation, but for Badd it would be more difficult.

Greater LS doesn't mean you can't be flung? Especially if you can't fly. If you have no contact with the ground you really can't resist it at all.
I think I agree with this.
I'm under the impression that if you are being TK'ed and you can't fly, you don't really have the means to pull or push your body in a direction, besides your body weight. If you can fly, you can easily apply force in a direction to counter the TK.

How does verse equalization apply here concerning the energies? Does Arifureta have a similar-esque equivalent to chaos energy from Tensei?

LS isn't the issue, though, but AP.
The AP difference is essentially non-existent and he have faced head-on people considerably stronger than him without much problem.

We could also argue that his defense stats would help to reduce even more the AP affecting him with the damage reduction.
Yeah, but again, that's just a showing of senses / 6th sense / instinct, so how do they matter in this battle? She is not trying to blind him. It's just not a feat for weapon mastery.
The original argument is that he would be able to dodge the telekinesis and things in general do to his instincts.
Problem is, that he is unable to decapitate her or affect her brain. Due to the mixture of her resistances and durability he can't cause such major injuries and due to the regeneration he can't pile on smaller injuries to get there.

That was exactly the issue that Fran, someone stronger than Badd, had in her fight against Sibylla. It just wasn't possible to get enough DpS to kill her.
I mean, considering sharp damage and his own amping (now that I see the profile don't actually make clear that he can amp his strength with the absorbed energy, at least it mention the stats increase though) he should be able to cut her even with her resistances.
I mean, maybe, and then? She can still fight with her acid blood, Telekinesis and bare hands. Likewise, she can she pick up her sword again (even just by doing so with telekinesis). She is not actually very dependent on her blade. So disarming her gets him nowhere, even if he somehow manages (and I will point out again, that she could decently hold herself against Fran who is similarily skilled)

Speaking of acid blood: He has no resistance against that, it's not supernatural (she has it due to being a slime chimera) and it can even dissolve magical weapons (as shown on the example of Master). She can use that for both offense and for defense in the form of barriers. Fran got past the barrier using teleportation, but for Badd it would be more difficult.
I would reduce her offensive capabilities but well, I guess it wouldn't make much difference.

Egxess don't seem to be affected by acids or deconstruction based on the times it have faced those things, Badd himself however is vulnerable to them so it would still affect him. He could use Egxess to open his path.

From how things look the fight could end lasting until the 12 hours limit.

Side note, but Sibylla vs Vandre would had be more thematic considering that his main weapon is a slime, second key Badd would had also be good in that sense do to Metal Batlam but I didn't submit him because BFR isn't allowed.

If the fight goes long-term, I'm not sure who fares better.
Badd can absord mana with strikes, but if Sibylla's cores keep supplying her with mana, the sleep is unlikely to happen. Sibylla's regeneration and flight also helps staying alive. Badd's danmaku is really impressive, but due to both having similar AP, it wouldn't kill and then Sibylla's regen triggers.
However, if the fight goes over 12 hours, and Badd manages to grab Sibylla and keep her pinned for 10 seconds (thanks to his high physical LS), he wins

If the fight goes long-term, I'm not sure who fares better.
Badd can absord mana with strikes, but if Sibylla's cores keep supplying her with mana, the sleep is unlikely to happen. Sibylla's regeneration and flight also helps staying alive. Badd's danmaku is really impressive, but due to both having similar AP, it wouldn't kill and then Sibylla's regen triggers.
However, if the fight goes over 12 hours, and Badd manages to grab Sibylla and keep her pinned for 10 seconds (thanks to his high physical LS), he wins
I doubt the fight would go 12 hours. Sibylla managed to land occasional hits on Fran, so here she should also be able to. Especially as exhaustion increases. Other than Sibylla Badd doesn't heal, so he slowly piles up damage in this fight and eventually just bleeds out.

Also, no way he can pin her for 10 seconds, as her acid blood would melt whatever he's pinning her with.

The AP difference is essentially non-existent and he have faced head-on people considerably stronger than him without much problem.

We could also argue that his defense stats would help to reduce even more the AP affecting him with the damage reduction.
Eh, Sibylla upscales considerable from her stat. To give a rough idea: Fran was superior to the 15 Mt by chapter 200 and fight Sibylla around chapter 720. Between that lies an (in-universe) year of training for someone that gets rapidly stronger.

That aside, as long as it's stronger than the resistance it should deal a little damage. Just like Badd's attacks that go against Sibylla's resistance deal a little damage.

The original argument is that he would be able to dodge the telekinesis and things in general do to his instincts.
I guess, although that means he has to do that while dodging Sibylla's other stuff at all times, as she uses that simultanously. It will in practice land her more hits.

I mean, considering sharp damage and his own amping (now that I see the profile don't actually make clear that he can amp his strength with the absorbed energy, at least it mention the stats increase though) he should be able to cut her even with her resistances.
Her physical resistance includes a resistance against sharp weapons that, in fact, is even higher than her resistance against blunt attacks. Fran, in her fight against Sibylla, noticed that she could outright deal more damage punching her than hitting her with her sword. (Not that punching was enough to win, even when additionally imbued with divine energy)

So no, even with sharp damage and his amping (which I don't think would make him superior to Fran with her own amps and stuff) I don't think he could cut off her head and stuff.

Also, Sibylla has good instincts and is still a good fighter. She obviously defends her vital areas in particular.

I would reduce her offensive capabilities but well, I guess it wouldn't make much difference.

Egxess don't seem to be affected by acids or deconstruction based on the times it have faced those things, Badd himself however is vulnerable to them so it would still affect him. He could use Egxess to open his path.
I would argue her acid is stronger than regular everday acid, though, seeing how it can easily dissolve the magic metal Master is made out of while he is clad in divine attribute. Like, sulfuric acid wouldn't accomplish that.

Also, could Sibylla just eat the scythe?

I doubt the fight would go 12 hours. Sibylla managed to land occasional hits on Fran, so here she should also be able to. Especially as exhaustion increases. Other than Sibylla Badd doesn't heal, so he slowly piles up damage in this fight and eventually just bleeds out.

Also, no way he can pin her for 10 seconds, as her acid blood would melt whatever he's pinning her with.
His last battle was one where he had to fight millions upon millions of enemies for several hours with big restrictions like limit his strength, offensive options (he couldn't kill his enemies nor severely injure them) and mobility (he move much from the entrance because otherwise the horde of enemies would pass through to the big tree), and under such conditions he lasted various hours without injuries then he began to pile small wounds that made him bleed for several more hours until he finally couldn't continue.

So considering that he don't have those restrictions in this situation, that Sibylla range isn't big, and that she can't detect him if he use his stealth, I don't see him accumulating a level of damage that wouldn't let him last that long.

And wouldn't be considered as pined down if Badd immobilize her by showering her with thousand attacks?
Eh, Sibylla upscales considerable from her stat. To give a rough idea: Fran was superior to the 15 Mt by chapter 200 and fight Sibylla around chapter 720. Between that lies an (in-universe) year of training for someone that gets rapidly stronger.

That aside, as long as it's stronger than the resistance it should deal a little damage. Just like Badd's attacks that go against Sibylla's resistance deal a little damage.
The Leviathan storm feat that the Liberators use as justification for their ap was a feat from vol 2 caused by the mere presence of the Leviathan (so it was far below his actual attacks and killing moves), Badd fight against Laus was in vol 4 like 10 months after vol 2 and when in verse Laus trained like crazy to defeat the protagonist Miledi (as result when later in vol 4 he fight against Miledi she was quite shocked with the increase of his strength), so it isn't like Badd don't also upscale his value.
I guess, although that means he has to do that while dodging Sibylla's other stuff at all times, as she uses that simultanously. It will in practice land her more hits.
Considering he fair against millions of attacks and how most of the time he can fight against people able to use big danmaku he shouldn't have a problem dodging, specially because her range isn't great.
Her physical resistance includes a resistance against sharp weapons that, in fact, is even higher than her resistance against blunt attacks. Fran, in her fight against Sibylla, noticed that she could outright deal more damage punching her than hitting her with her sword. (Not that punching was enough to win, even when additionally imbued with divine energy)

So no, even with sharp damage and his amping (which I don't think would make him superior to Fran with her own amps and stuff) I don't think he could cut off her head and stuff.

Also, Sibylla has good instincts and is still a good fighter. She obviously defends her vital areas in particular.
Eh, the amping can be quite great depending on how much energy he let Egxess absorb (he can not only use the enemy energy but his own mana for that), the only other wielder of Egxess was able to greatly amp after absorb the energy from an attack of Yue, enough to somehow give a bit of fight to Shea with low Body Strengthening.

Good instincts (borderline spider-senses) are quite common in the verse and one of the first enemies he fought (one of the subordinates of Laus that he faced just before Laus) even had an special magic that focused in grant the user super instincts that tell them the best course of action in any situation at all times and Badd defeated her even with that so casually and easily that after a few paragraph of fight if Laus didn't appear and save her she would had died.
I would argue her acid is stronger than regular everday acid, though, seeing how it can easily dissolve the magic metal Master is made out of while he is clad in divine attribute. Like, sulfuric acid wouldn't accomplish that.

Also, could Sibylla just eat the scythe?
This acids also aren't just regular ones.

Unlikely, putting aside the materials and techniques used to create Egxess (since is compared to holy relics and those seem somewhat indestructable to things in verse), the will inside Egxess is quite aggresive and turn crazy anyone trying to manipulate it that isn't one of its wielders (is due to this reason that after thousands of years of Badd death there only existed two other wielders of it, one of them being a subordinate of Hajime), so if she tried that she would go mad. There is also how to do that first would need to take the scythe from Badd hands which is hard to say the least.

His last battle was one where he had to fight millions upon millions of enemies for several hours with big restrictions like limit his strength, offensive options (he couldn't kill his enemies nor severely injure them) and mobility (he move much from the entrance because otherwise the horde of enemies would pass through to the big tree), and under such conditions he lasted various hours without injuries then he began to pile small wounds that made him bleed for several more hours until he finally couldn't continue.
Yeah, but from what is said those enemies were much weaker than Sibylla. Basically regular humans, no? Heck, Fran has similar feats, stalling an army of anti-demons on her own so that they don't storm a city through a hole in the city wall or also stalling an army of monsters for hours, and Sibylla is supposed to be able to outlast her.

So considering that he don't have those restrictions in this situation, that Sibylla range isn't big, and that she can't detect him if he use his stealth, I don't see him accumulating a level of damage that wouldn't let him last that long.
That assumes that he will actively try to basically just hide for 12 hours. But I assume he has no knowledge of the wincon, so I don't see why he would hide 12 hours from an opponent. And Sibylla can close the range if she wants, given her speed boosts.

Also, hiding spots on that island will quickly disappear when City level characters fight. After an hour all that's left are small pieces of rubble... if that. If he does nothing but hide Sibylla might as well start eating the island to gain more magic power.

Oh, and Sibylla has a super mode in her dragon transformation that she only uses when she is close to defeat. That boosts her greatly once more and restores her power. So if after 12 hours Badd thinks he gets somewhere, she can just hit the reset button once and fight him stronger than ever.

Btw. speaking of range: The whole island is only 300m in diameter. So if Sibylla is in the center Badd can be at best 150m away from him. Which seems like enough for range play, but if she moves towards him it will become difficult to maintain it, as he can't just move further backwards, but has to move along the edge of the circle.

And wouldn't be considered as pined down if Badd immobilize her by showering her with thousand attacks?
That wouldn't even immobilize her because she can fly at thought and is able to always shield from attacks with her acid barrier.

The Leviathan storm feat that the Liberators use as justification for their ap was a feat from vol 2 caused by the mere presence of the Leviathan (so it was far below his actual attacks and killing moves), Badd fight against Laus was in vol 4 like 10 months after vol 2 and when in verse Laus trained like crazy to defeat the protagonist Miledi (as result when later in vol 4 he fight against Miledi she was quite shocked with the increase of his strength), so it isn't like Badd don't also upscale his value.
Maybe. Still comes out less, though.

Considering he fair against millions of attacks and how most of the time he can fight against people able to use big danmaku he shouldn't have a problem dodging, specially because her range isn't great.
That requires him to remain at range forever. I don't think he could, I question if he would, but even if it wouldn't let him win.

And the dodgning shouldn't be the issue. Again, I don't think he is more skilled than Fran, who can fight with beings that speedblitz her via pure skill. If Sibylla can occasionally land hits on a Fran that has a speed advantage, then she can also land hits on Badd. He is more skilled, but not to the degree that he can just keep himself afloat via skill alone.

Eh, the amping can be quite great depending on how much energy he let Egxess absorb (he can not only use the enemy energy but his own mana for that), the only other wielder of Egxess was able to greatly amp after absorb the energy from an attack of Yue, enough to somehow give a bit of fight to Shea with low Body Strengthening.
Here's the problem: The way you argure he fights he won't absorb anything. He would have to hit Sibylla with Egxess to absorb any mana, as she only uses her mana for boosting herself. At a range he can't do that. So he won't actually have absorbed energy to boost himself with.. also, whatever fraction he absorbs from Sibylla would probably be far less than the total amount she uses to boost herself anyway. So he would always perform at a fraction of her boosts.

If he uses his own mana, on the other hand, he will run out eventually, as he doesn't have Sibylla's supplies. In fact, don't his ranged attacks cost mana? If he spams those the mana economy is seriously against him.

Good instincts (borderline spider-senses) are quite common in the verse and one of the first enemies he fought (one of the subordinates of Laus that he faced just before Laus) even had an special magic that focused in grant the user super instincts that tell them the best course of action in any situation at all times and Badd defeated her even with that so casually and easily that after a few paragraph of fight if Laus didn't appear and save her she would had died.
Yeah yeah, but the thing is that, again, this worked against Fran who can do that stuff, too.

This acids also aren't just regular ones.

Unlikely, putting aside the materials and techniques used to create Egxess (since is compared to holy relics and those seem somewhat indestructable to things in verse), the will inside Egxess is quite aggresive and turn crazy anyone trying to manipulate it that isn't one of its wielders (is due to this reason that after thousands of years of Badd death there only existed two other wielders of it, one of them being a subordinate of Hajime), so if she tried that she would go mad. There is also how to do that first would need to take the scythe from Badd hands which is hard to say the least.
Why would she need to take the scythe? Her acid is ranged and flies around on its own (like a slime, basically).

Sibylla has mind resistance so that madness wouldn't even work... not that I see why it would activate as Sibylla isn't manipulating it, but just melting it.

Aside from that, what you described is basically what Master is. Master's body is that of a Divine Sword, the strongest weapons in the world of which, by decree of the gods, only a limited number can exist. It's made of a special magical metal by one of the world's greastest blacksmiths and was at that moment even clad in divine power.

TL;DR I just don't think Badd has a wincon in this match.

He can't deal enough damage to kill Sibylla, due to her resistance + regeneration combo, that did the same to Fran who deals more damage.
He can't drain her of mana to the point she falls asleep, since she and her sword have power generators in them. Heck, she could eat stuff to further replenish herself if really necessary.
And he can't pin her down, because she can fly at will and has acid blood to prevent touch and block ranged attacks.

Since Badd can't win, Sibylla wins eventually, without even considering the other stuff. He just has a bad matchup here.

Last edited:
Yeah, but from what is said those enemies were much weaker than Sibylla. Basically regular humans, no? Heck, Fran has similar feats, stalling an army of anti-demons on her own so that they don't storm a city through a hole in the city wall or also stalling an army of monsters for hours, and Sibylla is supposed to be able to outlast her.
Some where, others no, but everyone was able to use magic (since everyone in Tortus, save beast-people, can do it, specially the magic they have an affinity) so it isn't like he just faced normal attacks.
That assumes that he will actively try to basically just hide for 12 hours. But I assume he has no knowledge of the wincon, so I don't see why he would hide 12 hours from an opponent. And Sibylla can close the range if she wants, given her speed boosts.

Also, hiding spots on that island will quickly disappear when City level characters fight. After an hour all that's left are small pieces of rubble... if that. If he does nothing but hide Sibylla might as well start eating the island to gain more magic power.

Oh, and Sibylla has a super mode in her dragon transformation that she only uses when she is close to defeat. That boosts her greatly once more and restores her power. So if after 12 hours Badd thinks he gets somewhere, she can just hit the reset button once and fight him stronger than ever.

Btw. speaking of range: The whole island is only 300m in diameter. So if Sibylla is in the center Badd can be at best 150m away from him. Which seems like enough for range play, but if she moves towards him it will become difficult to maintain it, as he can't just move further backwards, but has to move along the edge of the circle.
Oh no, I wasn't saying he would hide for 12 hours, I was saying that if he consider it necessary he can use his stealth to effectively do sneaky attacks, dodge and even rest a bit if actually needed.

As long there is a floor he can always use dust and dirt to obstruct her vision and hide in one of the crevices from their attacks. Also, is allowed to eliminate the arena where the characters are fighting?

That would make her a easier target though, specially for the absorption since it would give more area to hit with Egxess.

The arena being small is a fair point however you could had choose a better place op.
That wouldn't even immobilize her because she can fly at thought and is able to always shield from attacks with her acid barrier.
I mean, considering that she would be facing the force of thousands of attacks of comparable strength she would be unable to actually move, actually that probably would send her flying quite a big distance.
That requires him to remain at range forever. I don't think he could, I question if he would, but even if it wouldn't let him win.

And the dodgning shouldn't be the issue. Again, I don't think he is more skilled than Fran, who can fight with beings that speedblitz her via pure skill. If Sibylla can occasionally land hits on a Fran that has a speed advantage, then she can also land hits on Badd. He is more skilled, but not to the degree that he can just keep himself afloat via skill alone.
Nah, forever no, he would be mixing cqc and range with the his fighting style.

As someone who know how absurd Arifureta skill can be, and from seeing her profile I don't really believe that Fran is comparable in skill to various of the character that Badd stomp skillwise, so I guess we disagree in that part.

Though if the fight end lasting something like 12 hours I can see him having received some damage.
Here's the problem: The way you argure he fights he won't absorb anything. He would have to hit Sibylla with Egxess to absorb any mana, as she only uses her mana for boosting herself. At a range he can't do that. So he won't actually have absorbed energy to boost himself with.. also, whatever fraction he absorbs from Sibylla would probably be far less than the total amount she uses to boost herself anyway. So he would always perform at a fraction of her boosts.

If he uses his own mana, on the other hand, he will run out eventually, as he doesn't have Sibylla's supplies. In fact, don't his ranged attacks cost mana? If he spams those the mana economy is seriously against him.
No, he would end absorbing through the hits he land when he end engaging in physical combat.
Why would she need to take the scythe? Her acid is ranged and flies around on its own (like a slime, basically).

Sibylla has mind resistance so that madness wouldn't even work... not that I see why it would activate as Sibylla isn't manipulating it, but just melting it.

Aside from that, what you described is basically what Master is. Master's body is that of a Divine Sword, the strongest weapons in the world of which, by decree of the gods, only a limited number can exist. It's made of a special magical metal by one of the world's greastest blacksmiths and was at that moment even clad in divine power.
Because her profile make it clear that she need to eat something through her mouth to assimilate it.

The madness works against people with resistance to mind manip and supernatural willpower. With manipulating I meant also directly affecting it with powers, like artifacts from the age of gods seem in verse resistant to abilities in general.
TL;DR I just don't think Badd has a wincon in this match.

He can't deal enough damage to kill Sibylla, due to her resistance + regeneration combo, that did the same to Fran who deals more damage.
He can't drain her of mana to the point she falls asleep, since she and her sword have power generators in them. Heck, she could eat stuff to further replenish herself if really necessary.
And he can't pin her down, because she can fly at will and has acid blood to prevent touch and block ranged attacks.

Since Badd can't win, Sibylla wins eventually, without even considering the other stuff. He just has a bad matchup here.
I disagree with the notion that he don't have win cons. However, is true that his compability with Silbya isn't the best (mainly because of the seemingly infinite energy source more than the rest of things really) and the arena don't favor him (with how small it is), so I can concede and vote to her so the tournament proceed.

Anyways I can latter do a rematch with a better arena and his second key, along with do a match against Vandre.

At least the match had a good debate and was so far the most fair fight in the tournament, the rest are honestly a disaster. I also got some ideas for matches, yes I'm looking at you Ozpin, so it was fine.

At least the match had a good debate and was so far the most fair fight in the tournament, the rest are honestly a disaster
Yeah, this was an impressive debate.
I apologize that half the matches went haywire, it doesn't feel very good for me either. At the very least, I know what to look out for when making tournaments, since this was my first. I was too complacent on some participants, not wanting to say "no" too much.

Back