• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Eighteenth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! These fighters may have made it past the first set of rounds, but how will they fare against other winners?

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Sirus (Dark Chronicle), nominated by LordGriffon, and Korra, submitted by Litentric.

Avatar State Korra and Lord Griffon are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place on the presentation stage for Bitconnect, in the middle of the presentation, 30 m apart.

Korra is 20 megatons, Griffon is a causal 8 megatons.

Korra - 1 (Litentric)

Sirus (Dark Chronicle) - 6 (Psycho, Griffon, Bambu, Iapitus, Crimson, Jacky)

Incon -

Korra
Emperor Griffon (Dark Chronicle)

Seems like Sirius has some paralysis ability according to his profile. Maybe that will be a benefit. Voting Sirius for now.

Ok so my comment is going to consider this Korra still Human so I won't be using Mind Manipulation as an argument.

Korra has the AP advantage but considering Griffon has Forcefields and Atlamillia to boost his durability. Taking her attacks won't seem to be a problem. Teleportation also helps him avoid attacks.

Now she will actually be able manipulate the flames on his hands if he goes for statistics amplification but he's actually boosting himself with magic, the flames are just an add on.

In close combat is where Griffon has the edge thanks to his "Stop" ability. Even though Korra can survive his blows, they and the shockwaves produced by them inflict "Stop" so she'll become frozen in time and won't break free because he won't stop hitting her because attacking her any other way isn't really going to get him anywhere.

Griffon also his army as back up and while not as powerful as him they have the massive numbers game advantage and not to mention they roll with abilities of their own, Poison and Stop with their attack. He also can just make more monster from the environment.

His stamina may only say Superhuman but that's a low ball considering he has far superior stamina than pretty much everyone including the two main characters who stroll through monster infested dungeons without getting fatigued in the slightest. Plus Sirus using only one Atlamillia could split his consciousness billions of times and without getting fatigued in the slightest, Emperor Griffon is boasting two more Atlamillia which also boost his stamina.

His shockwaves are magic shockwaves as far as I'm aware. His physical blows cause stop as well, the shockwaves carry the same effect, just used in case you don't dodge well.

Poison requires contact, which is why it isn't much of a game changer since Korra can easily swat away large groups of Griffon's crew but given Griffon is also fighting her, her attention will be in multiple places. The Poison drains Heath until your very weak and die but it doesn't last forever. So a strong life force should keep her active until she's weakened enough.

Ah, alright. I think the physical blows will be the largest detriment, as magic shockwaves can be blocked with large slabs of earth.

I see. It's very possible that Korra might make contact with them, but given that she spams her bending and is likely a much more skilled fighter, it seems a bit unlikely.

Griffon's best bet seems to be to take to the skies, since Korra is a primarily ground based fighter. If he goes for a melee battle, he may get a bit more than he asked for once Korra figures out she shouldn't make contact with him.

I'll actually agree that Korra is a better fighter than Griffon (He lost in a fight against two kids in a brawl, one of which didn't have much combat training) but that's what Teleportation and Barriers are for. To keep him safe, is it sad that I actually want Griffon to lose?, I don't like Sirus. However I'm voting for him because with Teleportation he has a high chance to get up close and surprise her and Hof he hits her she'll be effected by "Stop" and then he and his crew just roll on her and she'll remain paralyzed due to his blows and will get poisoned by his monsters.

Anyway Korra's advantages are AP but not by to much, Range, Element Manipulation (So Griffon's element attacks and said attacks from his crew are pretty useless) and Fighting Skill (Griffon is just a tall dude swinging two Wing Swords, or his fists)

Griffon's advantages are his Forcefields, Stop effect attacks, His army which consists of billions (Though they are more of a distraction if anything, he'll won't summon every single last one unless necessary),

Both have large amounts of stamina to my knowledge.

Other than that Griffon ain't got much else considering he's got something against Mind Manipulating humans simply because he wants to eradicate them all even though Mind Manipulating them would make it easier but for some reason he doesn't, even though he does it to Clowns but the verse considers clowns as monsters lol.

I shall wait for Teon's points.

and yeah nobody likes Griffon, why did you pick him

I thik Korra's 2.5 AP advantage actually really helps her. And the "stop" being limited to physical prowess actually hurts him here.

Unless stop paralyzes one such that they literally can't do anything, even Korra shifting her foot can induce an earthbending technique that can give her the very brief time needed to be free of her paralysis.

From there, she can do something like coat her arms in earth or metal such that when she makes contact, she'll be doing physical damage without making physical contact. And with her vastly superior skill, taking down a bunch of enemies should be childsplay. Especially since she can choose to play the ranged game if she wants, use her bending to render much of their versatility useless, and do things like create holes of earth from underneath of them, form miniature tornados to tear through their ranks, and trap them in earth. I'm also not sure how high Sirus' lifting strength is, so if he's trapped in earth or metal, he may not be able to get out.

I think Korra stands a pretty good chance here. The paralysis is pretty dangerous, but her AP and dura advantage will allow her to take more hits than usual. And the fact that there are quite a few bending techniques that require minimal movement will give her all the time she really needs to not be paralyzed. And from then on, she just doesn't allow herself to be hit. Which is pretty simple given her skill, the fact that she can coat herself with earth or metal, maintain a small vortex around her body, etc.

@Litentric In all fairness Sirus' feat was casual while Korra's feat took her immense effort.

For now have my vote for Sirus. The AP advantage is hardly worth mentioning, Range gets negged by teleportation, barriers help protect Sirus, etc.

So yeah Sirus mid-diff.

Sirus - 5 (Psycho, Griffon, Bambu, Iapitus, Crimson)

Korra - 1 (Litentric)

this is revenge for Sirus' secret bro Elemental HERO

Sirus - 6 (Psycho, Griffon, Bambu, Iapitus, Crimson, Jacky)

Korra - 1 (Litentric)

Also I sorta forgot that a new thread was made and I just kinda thought the tourney crawled to a standstill. That would'a sucked

Jackythejack said:
Also I sorta forgot that a new thread was made and I just kinda thought the tourney crawled to a standstill. That would'a sucked
It's happened before and I expect it to happen again, although I'm glad to see people are still participating even after a little under a month.

Yeah that's good at least. I feel like brackets need to come in little bursts and aren't gonna be a long term thing at all

I guess I'll switch over to Sirus purely because of teleportation and to end the round . Teleportation is really hard on a CQC fighter who has never dealt with it. She could probably predict it, there's only but so many places around her body he can teleport to in order to attack her. But I guess the first few times would be sufficient enough to deal her some decent damage.

I actually think it's closer than what many think because of Korra's skill and her ability to take away an enemies' versatility since bending doesn't simply apply to the element she's manipulating, but the element in general. Like, once she finds out about the paralysis thing, Sirus will be hard pressed to hit her. Even with teleportation, it doesn't make it so he can attack faster, only close the distance. Nor does it change the fact that he will likely become predictable.

But I also kinda just want the round to end soooo...

Sirus - 7 (Psycho, Griffon, Bambu, Iapitus, Crimson, Jacky, Litentric)

Korra -

As this is desisive, I will post the next round soon.

Actually, I'm going to skip the next round as it's a very versatile 97 Megaton character versus a 7 Megaton character.

Back