• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Twenty-fifth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! The winner of this match will make it into the semifinals.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Magilou, submitted by Phoenixstorm, and Sirus (Dark Chronicle), submitted by Lord Griffon.

Mid-Late Game Magilou and Lord Griffon are being used. Speed is is equal. Battle takes place in a depopulated Gothan City.

Magilou scales to someone who can cause a major volcanic eruption (24 megatons tends to be the average assumption there), Sirus has a casual 8 Megaton feat.

Magilou -

Sirus (Dark Chronicle) -

Incon -

1502680-dc136
Tales-of-Berseria-900x506

I would equalize speed. Speed is something that is likely to change for the Berseria cast, so it'd be safer to keep it equalized.

To be fair Griffon is also a physical brawler outside of his magic based attacks, and can indirectly use magic for stuff like TK and Illusions.

He also resists Magilou's Stat Reduction and Poison.

He may resist the Reduction, but that doesn't stop her buffing herself with every spell she casts. Magic attacks are pretty much a no go against Magilou, they would just make her stronger.

I've been thinking about this one.

Magilou is stronger but Griffon's Amped durability thanks to his Atlamillia, plus Forcefields can help protect him. Not to mention Teleportation.

Magilou has summons but Griffon can mind hax them and use them against her. Plus his army has the sheer numbers and some of them have power almost on his level, add in the fact that he can make more monsters from the environment, it's safe to say Griffon has the advantage in the help department.

She can absorb his magic but Griffon isn't stupid enough to just keep shooting Magic Blasts. He'll switch to melee and while Magilou is stronger, Griffon can amp himself and Teleportation can help him get close and land blows which will result in "Stop". Which will then result in a beat down.

Life Absorption is deadly but I don't Griffon is just going to fly in place and let her suck out his life force. Both have illusions which Griffon used to blacken Max and Monica's vision, not sure how Magilou uses them.

I think Griffon takes this via Teleportation, Army, Stop effect. Griffon also has insane survival rate sice Sirus survived a staff going through his body, and said staff to up his entire chest and stomach so he's not dying from any low wounds.

I'm voting Sirus for now.

Her summons should resist Mind Manip based on the fact that they didn't join Innominat after he activated his domain, that's planetary mindhax, probably higher than what Sirus can output. Does him summoning count as magic, what about his Amping and Teleportation? If so, it gets shut down by Spell Absorber.

I'll spell out a couple things that I think Magilou has going for her in this match.

Now, we already know how she fights, at a distance and uses her summons (Which would resist Sirus' Mindhax unless it's higher than planetary) and spells (which buff her)

AP - Magilou scales above someone who, while weakened, could set off the largest volcano in a multi-continent spanning kingdom (possibly the entire planet, there's one continent you don't visit in the game) which should put her a bit above Sirus.

Gravity Manipulation - As stated before, it keeps the opponent in place, I believe if he gets caught in this, it's probably over, as he'd get barraged by summons and spells and even if he survives to get out, Magilou would have gotten even stronger by then.

Life Manipulation - It is a property of her attacks, meaning she'll be healing as she fights, every hit Sirus takes will be undoing previous damage to Magilou.

Statistics Amplification - She amps herself with everything she does, this will turn her AP advantage into a bigger one with each spell and also increase her survivability.

Power Absorption - Now, I don't know what is considered Magic in Sirus' arsenal, but anything that is gets shut down pretty badly, Spell Absorber is thought activated and empowers her when she absorbs something.

Sirus literally Mind haxes an army of monsters who literally take up half the population of the world across 10,000 years!. This means he is Mind Manipulating Billions of monster in his time, billions of monsters in multiple different errors of time all at the same time without braking a sweet. Griffon's Mind Manipulation also effects the soul. It's stated that the monsters who wanted power will gave him control of their souls but he had to forcibly control of the ones who didn't. It's back up by the one known as Dark Element who has Griffon's powers was also going to take control over all the souls in that were left after the world's destruction so they also need soul resistance.

His Summoning isn't magic as far as I'm aware and it's Thought based so she won't have time to do anything about it. Amplification is magic but that's the fire on his arms, it's more of a rage boost.

Also I just noticed that she's a witch, which is considered a monster in Dark Chronicle so Griffon will likely open with Mind Manipulation.

Innominat's mindhax affects the entire planet, every creature on it. That's more than half the population. I'd say they resist it. If the mindhax is Soul based, make a CRT, that isn't on the profile.

The Amping gets shut down then, the fire at least, the rage doesn't though.

She's human, she dresses funny, but that doesn't make her a monster.

You didn't seem to understand what I wrote.

He's Mind Manipulating Billions from his time (earth), Billions other timelines at the same time as well.

That's multiple half planets being manipulated at once. Griffon won't see her as a human, he'll see her as a witch because he's just weird like that. The Clowns in Dark Chronicle are human but he controlled them.

Ah, didn't see that part, fair enough, I guess. How does his mindhax work? Is it thought based or something else. Is he likely to use it the moment he sees the summons? Is it considered magic?

Griffon wants to eradicate all human life period. He's not hostile to monsters. Instead he mind manipulates all of them to fight for him unless he's confronted himself. He only sees monsters as tools to use in his crusade against humanity.

So if he sees what he considers considers to be a monster he'll do it because he's not going to harm them. His mind hax is thought based but he needs to send his consciousness across time to get the ones in different timelines. From there he's linked back to his past self and can control them from their.

Isn't like 99% of Griffon's stuff magic

Also in Dark Chronicle clowns are monsters because realism

He has mindhax on the level of billions but got into this bracket?

Clear proof of anti TLR bias by Dargoo smh

If it helps I believe he doesn't use it in character at all, like I can't recall any singular character being haxed aside from monsters

Also like

How do we know its billions, been a long time since I played Dark Cloud 2 but still, when was it stated to be billions

Apparently from not using it against humans, despite seeming to have very liberal interpretations of what a monster is.

That aside, it does seem like his Mindhax leaves him vulnerable for a bit, unless I'm misinterpreting, it doesn't work instantly and also sounds like magic, so possibly gets shut down by Spell Absorber.

I'm uncertain about Griffon's entire arsenal being magic based. This is because Dark Chronicle is trash when it comes to story telling.

Some things are considered magic but others aren't. Like Time Manipulation. It's thought to be magic but it's also science... Monsters are suppose to be naturally evil but you have friendly monster...

Actually now that I think about it. The Atlamillia are what's giving Griffon his Abilities... LOL that sucks for him. Magilou wins because unlike in Dark Cloud were the Atlamillia are born from the earth and use natural energy.

The Atlamillia from Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) are pure magic based. RIP Griffon.

I guess Magilou wins due to nullifying literally everything in Griffon's arsenal. Guess he finally meet his match. Which I was honestly waiting for.

Oh. Huh. Did not expect that. Yeah, if his powers are purely magic based, they get shut down pretty badly. Voting Magilou then.

I thought I remembered that

Magilou rofls fra I guess

@Wok and Mr.Bambu

Griffon doesn't use mind hax like that except against monsters and he was put up against two humans in the in this tournament. Now he's put up against someone who nullifies all his Abilities. His Mind Manipulation basically never came into play in this tournament and when it would have it got nullfied.

Right, but when did we get told it was billions? Population of their world is pretty low all things considered.

Yeah, basically. He has lower AP and uses entirely magic, which she absorbs. It probably isn't a stomp since homeboy can try to hit her so

yeah

Mr. Bambu said:
Right, but when did we get told it was billions? Population of their world is pretty low all things considered.
I'll message you on your wall and explain. This will be a bong wall of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back