• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
Eighth round of the 7-A brackets begins! The winner of the last round was EMIYA Alter.

Current Standings

The contenders for this round are Iona (Arpeggio of Blue Steel), submitted by First Witch, and Gaspard (Dark Chronicle), submitted by LordGriffin100.

7-A Ship Vessel Iona and 7-A Demon Form Gaspard are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place on and around the island Tom Hanks got stranded in in Castaway (Tom Hanks is there, as is Wilson).

Iona (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) -

Gaspard (Dark Chronicle) -

Incon -

Invitation
Tumblr static tumblr static euxr8t0977wo0cksgc0owkos8 640

Pretty much everything on his profile, although it isn't in-character for him to use time travel in combat.

I assume Iona is baseline due to scaling to powerful nukes?

A bit above. She oneshotted a Light Cruiser, who all are at least baseline for no selling the strongest nuclear weaponry. Her dura could be 2 times above baseline for being capeable of tanking 2 corrosive warheads, that oneshotted the Light Cruiser.

So Iona one-shots baselines and is decently above baseline in dura.

Gaspard scales above 134 megatons from this calc, although IDK enough about the verse to see how far he goes above.

Iona's Klein wave-force armor will allow her to redirect any ranged attack back at Gaspard, meanwhile her Klein shield will allow her to block melee attack.

She can space hax Gaspard to death via corrosive warheads

So I vote for her

@Overlord

Nitpick but Iona cant straight up throw back the attacks at Gaspard. She can only redirect the energy, and only if he dosnt oneshot with that attack.

That said, with Gaspard current AP, he cant oneshot Iona. Iona on the other hand can with a single Corrosive Warhead. And those will be flying around en masses, either flying through the air, through the sea or directly transported to him via Airplanes, whos warheads can further travel through air themself. And just dodging them will get him killed too, because the AOE of a single warhead is bigger than a storehouse.

And for the case of Gaspard coming closer to Iona, she can use her Klein Field to catch him in it and annihilate his body on a molecular level.

Well, that settles it for me then. Iona FRA.

Meanwhile I'm just here seeing that Lucario's match is coming up next. That one will be interesting to see.

The real cal howard said:
Iona seems too hax for this tbh, but yeah, corrosive warheads ftw.
Whatchu mean shes too haxxed, Lucarios wall is double the size of Iona's lol.

Nah, Iona's good, tbh. She's close enough to baseline to cancel out the spatial hax, and without her barriers, she gets one shotted by everyone else in the tournament.

Nah, Iona's good, tbh. She's close enough to baseline to cancel out the spatial hax, and without her barriers, she gets one shotted by everyone else in the tournament.
Oh I see she's like the Glass Canon of the tournament then. o/

I mean.

FW's reply implies she'll be spamming AOE molecular destroying bombs.

You try to evade, if one catches you gg since nobody here can resist being destroyed at the molecular lvl and these will be flying everywhere.

You try to compete in range, good, now you have to deal with reflect/redirect + aoe molecular nuke spam. Though it doesn't straight up send it back it sure limits option of competing in range.

You try to come close, lolcaught molecular stuff ded.

There's a reason Toguro is my favorite anime villai

I don't think FW is saying that the Klein field destroys on a molecular level, but it'll trap Gaspard and she can spatial torpedo him.

@Cal

Funnily enough, she actually can destroy her opponents with her Klein Field.

Why they dont use it defensivly too is beyond me, i say PIS.

You were supposed to agree with me so people don't think Iona's too hax...
If people want to boot her out, i dont really mind. I personally dont think that Iona can even win this tournament, too many actual heavy hitters are in there.

Im ok with Iona farming a couple wins before getting smashed tho hohohoho.

FateAlbane said:
If I understood it right, Iona can literally destroy someone on the molecular level if they opt for CQC? WTF
After rereading for a bit, its actually atomization, my bad.

Is the weapon just strong enough to atomize regular stuff or does it do the same on 7-A characters?

If it's the former it shouldn't do much to higher 7-As (Atomizing a person doesn't even hit tier 7) if it's the latter that might be too haxxy unless people think she's okay to keep in the bracket.

@Overlord Seeing how False Berserk apparently can make like 200 bodies or something I wonder if he won't be booted himself later on.

So she separates the atoms by expanding the space in inbetween them?

Wouldn't that make this match a stomp? Unless I'm missing something.

It's spatial hax. Not pure AP.
What Cal said. I do have to mention though, that the sheer energy a single warhead produces is capable of breaking Klein Fields

Back