• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Team Bracket Match 6 (Pidgeot & Monkey D. Luffy vs Knochen & Wrath)

Soooo... the way I see this battle going Knochen will mostly stall either Pidgeot or Luffy, while Wrath kills the other one. Then they team up on who remains.

Both Luffy and Pidgeots attacks would get quite diminished by Wrath's resistances and he has the sword god level skill + precog + probability + thought acceleration + speed boost combo.

His lightning swords would be very effective against Pidgeot, so I can see it going down first.

Luffy and Wrath are the main competitors here, as Knochen's essentially a punching bag and pidgeotto's offensive hax is low.

Luffy Advantages:

Durability negation(via Goken) as that attacks the inside of the opponent so Wrath's resistance wouldn't be too big in that area.

Superior Precog Luffy's precog has been shown to casually go several seconds in the future(Wano Arc)

Immunity to electricity

Greatly Superior Durability(Large Mountain Level+)

Wrath Advantage:

Sword User(Though this issue is lessened due to CoA and superior durability)

Greatly Superior Versitlity

Speed Amp

Thought Acceleration

I'd go with luffy personally(I don't know much about the other verse), but its a hard fight either way.

Whoever wins this fight wins the round as Knochen can't harm luffy(greatly superior durability to his ap , plus blunt resistance, plus precog) and Wrath's lightning swords are death to pidgeotto.

Wrath has hundreds of fire swords besides his lightning swords and can instantly switch between them. Given his appraisal he can even know in advance what works on whom. So Wrath can use lightning on pidgeot and fire on Luffy. (aside from the general option to use the swords as cutting weapons).

Can't comment on how Wrath's precog compares to Luffy since we aren't given a timeframe for it. It's enough to predict the next movement of the opponent at least.

One advantage for both Knochen and Wrath against Luffy is that Luffy can't fly in base, while both of them can.

Knochen is not one to be simply ignored.

Luffy's poison resistance is not strong enough to ignore Knochens poison completly as far as I am aware. Meaning it will still wear him down.

Not all of Knochens bones are blunt either and it can create sharp weapons out of spirit form.

Luffy can't do much to Knochen either. It's a giant pile of very durable bones. Blunt attacks do damage, but nothing that falls into weight relative to the quantity of bones Knochen is made up of. Knochen is capable of stalling people on its level for days.

And due to Knochens sheer volume it can create attacks that can't be dodged even with precog, due to comming from every direction at once.

As for Luffy's durability negation: That is the attacking things on the inside via Haki, right? Knochen has no inside that is easier to attack than the rest of its body. Wrath on the other hand has a passive invisible forcefield over his skin. That should diminish the entire inside the inside the body buisness. To that comes that he has fast acted Regenerationn. Heck, one could argue that Wrath with his 99999 average stat is just as durable on the inside as on the outside, but that goes into verse mechanics...

Luffy doesn't have Large Mountain Level+ durability here. This is base Luffy with anything above 7-A restricted.

Luffy has resistance to fire as well its just not immunity, I'd need to know how hot his fire is to give an accurate guess though. Please provide feats so I can say more on that.

Luffy's poison resistance is strong enough to completely ignore the poison of the blue-ringed octopus. Knochen would need incredibly potent poison to affect him. Please provide feats to show that he has good enough poison manipulation to harm luffy.

Base luffy's durability is At least Large Mountain level+. From what I understand restriction applies to forms and attacks, luffy at base has this durability how would you restrict that.

Haki is non physical , how does the force field work on it, also luffy has superior AP to both regardless.

Luffy's jumping ability plus stretching can lessen the issues wit flight

From what I'm seeing Knochen still can't harm luffy(poison is most likely ineffective and durability is higher plus blunt resistance). Pidgeotto could easily stall Knochen until the luffy wrath fight is done.

Luffy's haki should be able to deal with wrath's fire swords as he has superior durability to their ap

so between luffy and wrath luffy does more damage blow for blow and has precog to deal with speed amplification. I still vote luffy in that case.

The birb is mostly there for support. With Tailwind, both sides are 2x faster and it can blow back any ranged attack with Whirlwind. Plus, bird halves the opponent's AP with Featherdance. Luffy can no-sell any electric attacks headed towards the bird.

Was about to write a reply when I realized that Luffy has High 7-A durability in all keys... **** up on my side, I didn't realize that he is a stonewall when allowing him into the tournament. (And I suspect nobody else did either, as the rules clearly stated no stonewalls... Cal y u doing dis 2 me?)

Yeah... he is disqualified due to that.

For the match itself outside of tournament context: Aside from Wrath'S OOC soul crush the only thing that would really work against High 7-A dura is probably Knochens poison breath, which should be able to go past basic resistances due to being at level 10. So this match would become some very long stalling between Luffy and Team Monster. Given, both members of Team Monster have stalled people for multiple days before.

Just did some research yeah Luffy can no sell knochen's poison , level 10 poison is not strong enough to harm luffy honestly luffy could probably breath in knochen's poison willingly and he would be fine.

CyborgSakumo said:
Just did some research yeah Luffy can no sell knochen's Poison
Based on what?

Knochen's poison is breath the only time post-timeskip(when luffy gained the ability) was harmed by poison was when he ate enough of it to kill a giant(a 20-30m human for reference).Also from I've read there aren't any feats for Knochen's poison.

Luffy was able to suck in a large amount instant death poison with no problems.(Fight with Caesar)

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Gasu_Gasu_no_Mi

"In battle, Caesar releases poisonous gases that seems to cause instant death to an average victim"

And how would any of that proof that Luffy is immune to poison that can go past basic poison resistance?

Comparisons regarding "average victims" don't work well with death mage, as the verse has different laws of nature in which durability negation in our sense doesn't really exist. Like, you could hand a normal human with high stats, but without poison resistance of any degree, a cup of cyanide. It wouldn't immediately die drinking it just because its stats protect it. In that regard Knochens poison would be dangerous even to elite soldiers (and probably other Monsters on its rank, like high level dragons). But, as said, since durability negation and with it poison doesn't quite work like on earth the comparision isn't very good.

My problem is what exactly is basic poison resistance, because we have no feats to compare how good his poison is , and luffy's poison resistance just has far better feats then Knochen's poison."Basic poison resistance" is incredibly vague as luffy's poison resistance is incredibly strong so I would say it's above basic poison resistance, but without anyway to scale what basic poison resistance is I have no way of knowing if it would hurt luffy or not.

I reserve my vote for now due to luffy's durability, but I'm inclining to team monster

Wrath with his appraisal skill would choose who to fight with and collect intel on the adversaries, while knochen stops the other fighter.

For Luffy's Durability, can't Wrath just use Heresy magic or attack, and break his soul? Also induce him with madness, along with using grudge curse to steal some stamina from Luffy when in close combat.

If a Wrath vs Luffy and Knochen vs Pidget breaks out, Luffy would have a hard time injuring and killing Wrath thanks to his Regenerationn and MP&SP recovery skills, along with his high resistance to blunt, piercing and slashing damage, and given that Wrath has supernatural luck and Great Probability Compensation, it would just make it harder for Luffy to defeat him.

When it comes to precognition, if I remember correctly, kumoko with the same precognition was already able to visualize a future image of where the enemy will be positioned in the future like this

So for wrath who has the same skill and many skills such as concentration, thought acceleration and parallel will, he would find it easier to dodge Luffy's attack after all his mind would be splitting different assignments while maintaining a great focus on battle.

Against pidgey, knochen is a flood of 10 to 100 million flying bones, it should be enough to corner pidgey and/or keeping him away from Luffy, and if surrounded, pidgey could be bathed in poison and continuously attacked by demon king's bone fragments. Also even if a bone is fractured into tiny pieces, they are still useable to knochen, for them to become unusable they would need to be vaporized. knochen also have skills such as Physical Resistance so most of the physical damage taken would get nullify on top of knochen already strong defenses

Regarding the poison, Luffy is likely to be unaffected by knochens poison, after all, knochen's poison is a basic skill that has not awakened into a higher skill, though I would say that the skill being at level 10 would mean that knochen's poison would still affect Luffy but rather in a minor way that wouldn't affect Luffy performance at all after all Luffy always had a high Resilience.

But if anyone wants a reference on how potent are poison skills in Death Mage, Van with a non specialiced poision creation skill( Death-Attribute Magic at level 3 ) was able to left a Rank 7 Noble Orc (Taking into account the Vitality) on death's door within seconds of the poison being spread on his face.

Also, is it whitin character for Wrath to share his weapon with is comaraders? if yes then knochen will futher increase in strength and also recieve MP recovery

Back