• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 1, Match 7, Anakaris vs Wrath

Wrath has a shitton of abilities, for now I will wait for knowledgeable people to say what he does in-character and how.

Anakaris mostly plays defensive, or at least that's what his moveset is built for, keeping the distance by attacking with projectiles, extending and spawning limbs, flying, teleporting and such, his notable attacks&techniques section gives a good insight of that (of course it does, I made it)

Alright, so, here's the thing: Wrath resists basically all the hax Anakaris can throw at him. His Status Condition Resistance includes resistance to poison and petrification.
And Dragon Power gives him a power null which should be effective against the transformation. Although, even if it isn't, the transformation would probably transform Wrath back into a simple goblin, but due to stats being soul-based power he would remain as strong as he is now.
Additionally, Wrath has High-speed HP Recovery, which lets him regenerate very fast. So Anakaris not only needs many hits to take him down (since Wrath resists blunt force attacks), but also needs to deliver them in rapid succession so that Wrath's regen doesn't just heal it away again.

And well, offensively Wrath has the upper hand IMO. He has the swordmanship skill at highest level, can create fire and lightning with his dual wielded swords and spam countless exploding blades Gilgamesh-style.
Furthermore, he can get a small speed boost with Magic Divinity and Battle Divinity.
Aside from that he can accelerate his thoughts a lot, parallel wills to increase his comprehension ability, foresight to predict Anakaris attacks and probability compensation to make successful dodges just a little more likely.

Lastly, via Appraisal Wrath can get an idea of his opponents stats and abilities, so Anakaris can't easily surprise him.

Yeah, I think Wrath's shitton of skills, heal, danmaku, resistances, probability, foresight and remaining stuff help him a lot and would give him victory.

Time travel isn't used for combat for what we know, and he used EE only to erase an army of common humans. You can argue it's ooc for combat or that it doesn't work on stronger opponents. It could be used to erase the countless swords, but that's also a stretch. Against projectiles, it's much more likely that Anakaris will try to either defend, dodge or eat and replicate them.

Quick but wrothless edit at the end of the day: Anakaris' transmutation should affect Wrath't stats, as it works on other Darkstalkers, whose stats also come from their soul (they become unable to attack and defend, although they don't get oneshot, game mechanics might have a role in here).
Regardless, Anakaris' transmutation doesn't last for long and stops having effect after awhile, it's useful but not an instant-win tool.

Another edit: I also forgot that Anakaris' corruption and madness aura might kick in at some point if he manages to stall the battle long enough, but would he resist long enough? As everytime a Darkstalkers is involved in a match, its' necessary to point out that the timeframe for his aura is unknown, it just happens to be a thing hunters must resist in order to hunt the Darkstalker, which implies a rather quick effect but it isn't nearly enough to consider it instantaneous nor exceptionally fast.

Overall, I don't see Anakaris winning.

Last edited:
Another edit: I also forgot that Anakaris' corruption and madness aura might kick in at some point if he manages to stall the battle long enough, but would he resist long enough? As everytime a Darkstalkers is involved in a match, its' necessary to point out that the timeframe for his aura is unknown, it just happens to be a thing hunters must resist in order to hunt the Darkstalker, which implies a rather quick effect but it isn't nearly enough to consider it instantaneous nor exceptionally fast.
Wrath would resist that anyway. His mind resistance includes madness and stuff.

Made you wondering why Wrath got allowed here with all of that abilities
Gladly considering there's plenty of characters that can at some point counter Wrath stuff (for instance we have a lot of characters who doesn't use blunt force but guns and swords, and have not bad hax or AP).

Yeah I am going with Wrath FRA, despite that I don't have knowledge in the Web Novel of kumo desu ga, only Light Novel, but DT summary already explained everything needed, yeah.

Back