• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, magic in Seven Deadly Sins shares a name alone to magic in dragon ball

their functions are much differed in every regard

You can't just equate something to something it isn't because of a name.

I think the magic is more like DB magic. DB magic is haxxed and doesn't require physical ability. Like the candy beam. Same thing with NNT having hax magic like time stop, resistance negation and information analysis of stronger foes with no reliance on the user's own physical strength. On the other hand, KI is a person's life force and is what makes them physically strong and fast. True there are ki hax, but the abilities tend to have restrictions like having to earn( or something) hakai and the other stuff.

What the magic does is up to each verse, but the matter in case here is the type of energy being the same. Magical energy isn't the same as ki. Don't see how we equalize that.

Magical energy was never dependent on ki in Dragon Ball for anything. Babidi had pathetic ki by comparison but his magic could protect the guy from a Majin Buu blast or outright seal him ignoring Power Levels (which knowing the series where Power Levels generally decide everything that works or doesn't, goes to show a lot).

@Cal Tao Ren. I just wanted to see him in a match since I was in a Shaman King mood. Don't think he has what it takes to win this, though he does have some good tricks up his sleeve. ^_^

Equating Ki to Magic because it "functions the same" ignores the very principles that govern Ki even in fictional universes like Dragon Ball.

It is a personal energy that can be harnessed and used for attacks. It's no different than the expenditure of energy you use to punch or kick someone, it's just extended into beam-based attacks because fiction. I reccomend looking over eastern theories on Chi/Ki; it's why it is associated often with Martial Arts.

Magic on the other hand, while also a personal energy in NNT, is not an aspect of the person's bodily/"natural" energy. NNT even makes the distinction between physical attacks and magical attacks; the same could be said of Ki attacks.

tl;dr Ki = physical damage in the context of NNT

Anyways I'm still going to vote for Meliodas.

Everybody here seems to think Wrath is the only power up Meliodas has and that Full Counter is the deciding factor but that's wrong. He still has his Demon Mark state which made him stomp Ban who at the time was twice as strong as his base. Not to mention he could activate it in an instant.

This is how I think the fight would go.

At first Meliodas would get really roughed up by Popo in Base due to his durability. However because of that he would enter his demon mark state and lower the gap between their durability and AP as well as speed. Eventually Popo would fire a Ki blast and Meliodas would try to full counter but fail due to Ki not being magic. This would heavily wound Sealed Demon Mark Meliodas but it is still not enough to kill him because the gap was shortened thanks to the demon mark. This is when Meliodas decides to use Wrath because he knows he might not be able to survive another one of his Ki blast. After that he will one shot Popo due to the massive difference in power between them.

Popo - 4 (Ogbunabali, Uninown, Smashtwig, Dragon)

Meliodas - 3/4 (Peter, Schnee, DMUA, Cal?)

I'm voting Meliodas FRA, tbh.

I could go either way. Mel's durability does betray him a bit, but I'm on the fence.

Don't count his as inconclusive either, btw.

Popo - 5 (Ogbunabali, Uninown, Smashtwig, Dragon, Iap)

Meliodas - 5 (Peter, Schnee, DMUA, Bambu, Crimson)

Incon - 1 (Versus)

If this comes out as Incon I'll have to do some kind of tiebreaker to decide who progresses in the brackets.

Incon - 2 (Versus, Phoenix)

Popo - 6 (Ogbunabali, Uninown, Smashtwig, Dragon, Iap, Jacky)

Incon - 2 (Versus, Phoenix)

Popo - 6 (Ogbunabali, Uninown, Smashtwig, Dragon, Iap, Jacky)

Incon - 3 (Versus, Phoenix, Wright)

Okay, I'll bite.

I'll side with Popo here. He's faster and stronger and while he can't compete with Mel in versatility or experience, he can get off the hits needed to do at least KO damage to the glass cannon.

8-5-4 Grace period has started but this could still turn into an inconclusive during grace. Wow this really is a close match.

Popo - 8 (Ogbunabali, Uninown, Smashtwig, Dragon, Iap, Jacky, Cal, Spino)

Incon - 4 (Versus, Phoenix, Wright, Arrogant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back