• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then again, with how Mana is linked to body and mind, Seven Deadly Sins magic is pretty similar to Ki.

Sealed Meliodas was going to repell away Monspeet's attack, and his emotions were able to repel the Demon King's attacks.

FC has a really high capacity for FC.

But if Popo doesn't open up with Ki blasts, then Meliodas is in real trouble here

I should see if I can find Popo's first fight with Goku in DB, pretty sure that's the only indication proper of what he even does in character.

IIRC he does some sensing/move reading stuff and counters accordingly.

I think Popo just uses ki waves or attacks in similar style after being threatened. I'm pretty sure he comes up defensively w/ physical strikes

Nah, pretty sure he hardly (if ever) used Ki Blasts in the entire series. Even reading his manga fight against Goku he 1. Erased his own presence so he couldn't be sensed. 2. Displayed the ability to see 360┬░ while fighting/sensing stuff (knew what movements Goku was doing even with his back turned to him) 3. Physically striked. 4. Flew. and so on.

@Fate He also employed teleportation in battle unless that was just him moving really fast.

I'm sure in a serious fight he would use Ki blasts, he just wouldn't open with it.

FateAlbane said:
Nah, pretty sure he hardly (if ever) used Ki Blasts in the entire series. Even reading his manga fight against Goku he 1. Erased his own presence so he couldn't be sensed. 2. Displayed the ability to see 360┬░ while fighting/sensing stuff (knew what movements Goku was doing even with his back turned to him) 3. Physically striked. 4. Flew. and so on.
Yeah, this.

I forgot how did he use his carpet and if it's relevant to this fight, haven't watched the scenes of the series since long ago.

Yes, yes. Just listing a few of the extra things he can do. I can sure see him throwing a ki blast later down but just more likely for him to open with his speed + move reading + physically strike as starter I guess.

I'm thinking that was his speed since teleportation in DB seemingly doesn't come up until the Yardrats iirc.

I guess my vote depends on whether or not Meliodas dies to physical strikes before using his thing. Granted if it's 10x stronger the impact might still be enough to oneshot.

If he doesn't die to physical strikes or regens I can see Popo trying a ki blast then it's all about whether Meliodas does reflect it via verse equalization.

If he can I guess Meliodas via Wrath + Reflect limiting Popo's options but if not Popo should probably be able to finish him via the combination of AP + Speed advantage + move reading (which also grants him another edge in speed via sensing/predicting his moves in advance) and a ki-blast to get past his regen.

So, that begs the question, does Ki in DBZ equalize as magic in NNT?

Personally I'd say no as it's strongly dissociated from magic in DBZ, however NNT experts can give a more educated opinion.

Meliodas got it tough as Popo opens up with physical strikes.

Yes, i know he is an skilled fighter, possibly more than Popo, but remember the AP advantage at first if Mel doesn't open up with Wrath immediatly is quite high.

So Popo winds up some strikes towards Mel and i can see these one knockbacked and injured, if not one-shotted by the physical attacks of Mr. Popo.

I can see him regenerating after this, though. He would still be fatally injured, probably with some of his hearts blown away, but still able to survive for some time. At this time he'll pull out Wrath most likely.

IF Meliodas can't Full Counter or reflect Popo's ki waves and blasts, that's the end of the road for him. If he can, though, i can see Popo having a tough time on there.

Outcomes

• Popo can do stuff in the short-run, more taking into account the speed advantage and that Meliodas doesn't start straight with Wrath.
  • Meliodas can do stuff in the long-run if he manages to survive the first encounter, having wrath activated. More if Full Counter actually reflects ki attacks.
Was about to vote towards Popo, but now seeing stuff above i'll wait a bit.

Meliodas could probably pull of a win if he goes into Wrath mode. But he considers that a last resort, so much so that he didn't do it even after Galand kicked his ass several times with ease

DragonEmperor23 said:
Its possible to do heart damage without fully penetrating the body right
Yeah.

Blunt does a ton of damage on your internal organs. This is usually disregarded in fiction because 7-B organs or whatever, but, when it's 7-B vs 7-A, popo kicking him will rupture whatever heart his foot was positioned to hit.

Well even without using Wrath Meliodas should still be able to overpower Popo with just the Demon Mark. But the main problem is if he could suvive attacks from Popo.

Also I'm pretty sure the difference between Popo's AP and Sealed Base Meliodas' durability isn't 10x. Meliodas can tank attacks from Ban who is also much much stronger than Gilthunder who is casually 14 Megatons. So if we assume Popo is just slightly above baseline 7-A the difference would probably be at most 7x though it could also be lower or higher depending on how badly Popo outclasses Goku and Piccolo or how much stronger Ban is compared to Gilthunder.

So, from what I'm seeing:

Ki = Magic - Meliodas gets messed up with melee strikes but a hit or two on Popo causes Popo to get serious and use Ki attacks. Meliodas Full Counters a ki blast at Popo, probably doing serious damage, giving him an opening to win.

Ki is not Magic - eliodas gets messed up with melee strikes but a hit or two on Popo causes Popo to get serious and use Ki attacks. Meliodas likely doesn't deploy Wrath in time and gets blasted apart or injured beyond his Regenerationn.

Mmm-hmm. Considering Popo has the speed advantage and AP, the moment he needs to start trying a ki blast or two sounds like the turning/deciding point of the match for me which depends on whether it gets reflected or not.

I honestly think Ki on Dragon Ball and Magic in NNT are quite different things, so i think verse equalization, even if it gives a chance to Meliodas to not get curbstomped, should not apply here

Magic is described much differently in Seven Deadly Sins then it is in Dragon Ball

Powerlevels are measured in physical capacities, magical abilities and willpower

Dreyfus outright says his magic is his will and that's why he beats everyone, even demons, into the ground.

DMUA said:
Magic is described much differently in Seven Deadly Sins then it is in Dragon Ball

Powerlevels are measured in physical capacities, magical abilities and willpower

Dreyfus outright says his magic is his will and that's why he beats everyone, even demons, into the ground.
^

Magic in NNT has more in common with DB's ki than DB's magic.

But if DB separates Ki from Magic as said above, why would verse equalization suddenly say Ki is Magic? That's pretty much going against what the verse says.

Because Seven Deadly Sins magic is definitely separate from Dragon Ball magic

Eh. May be just me, but I kinda can't see Magic from a verse being equalized to something that the other verse specifically treats as entirely separate from Magic so I'll keep my vote as is.

FateAlbane said:
Eh. May be just me, but I kinda can't see Magic from a verse being equalized to something that the other verse specifically treats as entirely separate from Magic so I'll keep my vote as is.
┬▓

The real cal howard said:
It's because Magic users in NNT have more in common with the Z fighters than they do with Babidi.
I can understand that is the argument being made, I was wondering how powerlevels in NNT being made of willpower, physical power, and magical ability helps.

If you burn a tree with fire in a verse then burn it with energy in the other you can't say that stuff is the same just because the end result achieved is similar. That's more or less why I can't see equalization happening in this case. If there is an actual distinction made in one of the verses, can't up and ignore that.

I can when it's fire energy that's described in a much similar fashion and that the energy in the other verse is distinct from the fire

No, you can't.

Two things that achieve the same end result aren't the same, they don't suddenly share properties to the point we treat them as the exact same thing because one or another source may be similar ,especially when one of the powers in question is said in its home story "This is entirely distinct from this thing you're trying to compare it to".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back