• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 5 (Gyuliedistodies vs King Hassan)

At the Boundary: King Hassan's unique Class Skill he possesses as one who walks at the boundary of the valley between life and death, it gives his sword the ability to terminate the life of any being it cuts. While the chance is slim, it presents a danger to anyone no matter how formidable the enemy is. Due to being in the valley he has become one with death, granting him incredible resistance to instant death effects as well as charming and fear effects.

Am I missing something..? This isn't really an assured deathax kind of thing.

Gyurie starts by setting up his AoE skill and magic negation field.

Then he probably teleports Hassa into his God Zone and dominates him there.

Evening Bell: The evening bell which signals the arrival of death and announces a funeral to all, a unique skill that Hassan possesses due to having become one with those rites of the passing and coming of death. It allows him to grant salvation in the place of God to those who have "lost sight of their moment of death", allowing him to end their life in a similar way to the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, by "killing" their fate. As such it's said that those that end up meeting him will know of the end of their fate. However, due to this skill, King Hassan does not pick who he kills of his own free will, and instead only kills by the will of God.

Doesn't it literally say that it's not whoever he just decides to try and kill tough?

Would someone that is constantly awere of their death be immune because they haven't "lost sight of their own death"? I get that it isn't really known, but would someone that doesn't fit the "lost sight" part just... not die?

And does it need melee attack like the other guy that kills someone's fate?

Kuro is main god of his world, so of course he would get to decide

But... that just can't be assumed to be so by default.

Him being unable to kill someone that god doesn't want dead is a weakness he has, not something that can be restricted.

And he can have a free will of his own, no? So he can want someone dead without god wanting that.

I wouldn't take the will of God thing seriously. Its probably more so a thing of Hassan's own subjective view considering he will try and kill Gods and his predecessors with it. I wouldn't take it as any more than Archer David maybe not having free will since he is doing gods will alone or something

KnightOfSunlight said:
If we assume the person he's fighting isn't the person god willed him to fight, he cannot use his full abilities and it can't be added/considered legitimate.
Yes it can.

There are an immense amount of characters that can only kill certain enemies, or use their full power against certain enemies. If it isn't a mental limitation but a physical inability then it's a canon weakness as much as stamina is.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I wouldn't take the will of God thing seriously. Its probably more so a thing of Hassan's own subjective view considering he will try and kill Gods and his predecessors with it. I wouldn't take it as any more than Archer David maybe not having free will since he is doing gods will alone or something
Then remove it from the profile, because it doesn't even hint to that.

The target that Hassan goes after is the person his god told him to kill in, regardless of if that god was actually telling him or not we can't tell, I doubt his god literally tells him to go around and kill a bunch of ember hands but they still count and his stuff works as if they were the targets god sent him after

KnightOfSunlight said:
Also Iap brought up a good point.
We're taking it a tad too literally.
Because the profile puts it literally as that, and as a weakness too.

At the very least, this deserves a note saying that "we can't be sure what dictates who god wishes dead, or if there even is a being telling him who to kill" on the profile.

Isn't his target decided on this:

He is a legendary assassin, said to appear to take the head of a generation's Hassan-i Sabb─üh when they stray from the path.

@Paul Yeah, especially because we aren't even sure if there is an actual Christian God in the Nasuverse or if it is some magic force or the counter force or something. Trying to determine what a Christian God within the nasuverse that we know nothing about is gonna be impossible.

We could take the Jeanne route and take the implications that the God she was listening to might have been the counter force (I dont like this interpretation personally, but let's discuss it for now), then there may be a good chance that King Hassan might also be listening to the counter force. Considering his grand servant status, this is a pretty good possibility. In fact, if we take this interpretation, King Hassan would not be fighting someone unless God wanted them dead. So I guess that solves the problem there

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Isn't his target decided on this:
He is a legendary assassin, said to appear to take the head of a generation's Hassan-i Sabb─üh when they stray from the path.
That is his usual target, but the issue there is that if we go by this then they wouldnt be fighting anyone other than the Hassan at all

Isn't he part of a cult of assasins serving an unspecified god or something?

Regardless, his instant death needs him to strike his target with a swing of his greatsword, yeah?

Hassan will during basically the entire match be in a field that prevents the activation of skills. So he probably will not get to use these either way.

That is his usual target, but the issue there is that if we go by this then they wouldnt be fighting anyone other than the Hassan at all
That doesn't mean you can ignore it. If he is physically unable to fight anyone but those then he can't as a weakness.

But I read into it, and the first few senteces already imply that he is simply very religious instead of actually being physically restricted.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Isn't he part of a cult of assasins serving an unspecified god or something?
Regardless, his instant death needs him to strike his target with a swing of his greatsword, yeah?
No, they are specifically part of the assassins guild and they are specifically Muslim. King Hassn is one of the top 10 anime Muslims imo

Usually yes, but not necessarily

Usually yes, but not necessarily
Could you elaborate on that beyond "yes, but actually no"?

If he has shown to kill someone without hitting them, can you show a quote or something? His profile doesn't mention it,

DontTalkDT said:
Hassan will during basically the entire match be in a field that prevents the activation of skills. So he probably will not get to use these either way.
His field negates magecraft specifically right? King Hassan's skills are not magecraft based, and Lancer's anti magic spear proves that magecraft negation does not stop servants from using their skills

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Could you elaborate on that beyond "yes, but actually no"?

If he has shown to kill someone without hitting them, can you show a quote or something? His profile doesn't mention it,
He can also stab the ground for his last rights thing. It in the attack animations

His field negates magecraft specifically right? King Hassan's skills are not magecraft based, and Lancer's anti magic spear proves that magecraft negation does not stop servants from using their skills
Magecraft in kumo desu ga isn't to be equated to magic, it is more fundamental than that. It, amongst others, is the mechanism behind both human magic and skills.

As such Kuros field negates every skill in Kumo Desu ga, so by verse equalisation it should work on skills of other verses.

Magecraft in nasu is also the mechanism behind magic and some skills how convenient

He can also stab the ground for his last rights thing. It in the attack animations
I... guess?

Wait, how does Evening Bell work at all?

It's description gives jack on it's use, so does it just increase the likeliness to kill to 100%?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I mean, nulling conceptual death hax is a bit presumptuous just because of verse equal.
Oh, its not the he is nullifying conceptual death hax, that would be beyond his feats. He is however nullifying the activation of it.

I don't see how he is nullifying the activation of it when power nullifying bounded fields don't work on weaker abilities than Hassan's stuff

Back