• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Permafrost (Secco vs Ghiaccio)

Oasiss
WhiteAlbum

With the "Green Day & Oasis" arc wrapping up, it feels natural to have the suit-based stands to fight each other, with now that a good ammount of people who care know how Oasis works now.

Takes place in outside of the Coliseum in Rome, just like in Bruno's fight.

Both have the bare bones understanding of how each other's stands work.

"Sanctuary":

"White Ice": 7 (Public, Iap, Doom, Epic, Pixel, ...Secco, Smashor)

The Lovers, because McQueen needs a break: 1 (Outlaw)

Vote counted. Though I should mention Secco can liquify any inorganic material, so maybe he can tamper with the ice suit at the cost of a finger or two.

True, if he gave it his all he could probably bypass the suite and crush his neck at the cost of his hand, but I don't see him doing this. I find it more likely that Icy Bakugo freezes the liquified ground to incapacitate, and I vote as such

Secco might be able to phase through immaterial objects, but i'm not sure if Ghiaccio's armor counts as that, seeing it's a manifestation of his stand

Ghiaccio likely wins this as Secco's armor has no feats of protecting him from extreme temperatures.

Secco still has a small chance of winning if he pulls of a galaxy brain plan like dragging the fight to a bridge or a cliff and liquefying the ground beneath him, or pulling off a sneak attack then poking a hole through his neck, since Secco can go underground and think of a plan if he feels too threathened

Ghiaccio FRA

Incon. We don't know whether Oasis would protect Secco from White Album, but Cioccolata's mold has no effects on him, so I'm assuming that Oasis does protect him in some way we're not aware of.

Dude, i think it is inconclusive. >Secco turns the ground on liquid

>Ghiaccio freezes it

>Secco liquifies it again, but at the same moment G freezes it, but Secco... And so on

Stands aren't living beings. It's no surprise that Oasis is not affected by Green Day, which is limited to living, biological things. White Album is not, and Secco dooms himself by jumping into the now watery and easily frozen ground.

If Secco liquefies Ghiaccio's armor, it'll just freeze again.

Promestein said:
Stands aren't living beings. It's no surprise that Oasis is not affected by Green Day, which is limited to living, biological things. White Album is not, and Secco dooms himself by jumping into the now watery and easily frozen ground.
He also could use Gently Weeps if the area of liquefied ground was too large and possibly, if Secco is only partially submerged, use his skate as a guillotine and cut Secco in half.

Promestein said:
Yeaa, Secco is rather hardcountered here.

This also describes why Ghiaccio vs Green Day is a stomp, but I'll vote decisively for Ghiaccio.

Vote counted, but I should mention that the Oasis-affected ice won't turn into water that'll refreeze. It'll become "liquid ice", but not water.

Actually, Cracker makes a good point about the 'liquid ice' thing. But, despite good boy Secco having that going for him, I don't see him being able to take out Ghiaccio. I'm pretty sure White Album makes him way faster than Secco could 'swim' and Secco would need to move in close to get a good change of a hit, even if he tries to liquify the ground under Ghiaccio and crush him, which is also out of character. And if Ghiaccio goes to hardcore freeze Secco, I think the poor guy would be done for. But hey, I'm love to be proven wrong, as Secco is best Jojo dog.

Back