• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Damage3245 said:
@Mindovin; let's agree to disagree on the Rinnegan bit. It's not the main focus of this thread anyway.

> If it gave him chakra which means more power why wouldn't he implant the other one?

Probably because implanting the other eye would mean losing his Sharingan, which means losing Kamui.

You may be interpreting the text a bit differently to me; Obito isn't saying that the demands for chakra are too draining from just one Rinnegan.

Lol no we were literally told by Obito himself why he couldn't implant the other rinnegan

He literally said it was too stressful using only one rinnegan to control the jins because of the chakra

> Yea AP isn't always equal to durability but it is when it comes to taijutsu

Prove it.

> If part 2 base Sasuke is 5B then base naruto is 5B which makes base adult Naruto 5B.

I don't think there's any indication that Sasuke's base striking strength (without using any jutsu) is 5-B. The only times he harmed Madara was when he used his chidori, or he teleported his sword into him.

> then base naruto is 5B which makes base adult Naruto 5B

Didn't Naruto get rusty between Part 2 and Boruto? Wouldn't he be weaker?

> Lol no we were literally told by Obito himself why he couldn't implant the other rinnegan

That's not how it looks to me.

No, there's a misconception that Naruto got weaker between Part 2 and in Boruto. He got rusty, he just needed some training to get back to good strength.

Weaker = / = Rusty within context.

As for the AP ?= Durability, the more chakra a user has the more powerful they are all around.

I don't think there are cases where high chakra characters are shown to be weak unless they're running out of chakra, which is when people are most vunerable. Even then, certain characters are still pretty tanky at a level where they lack chakra: https://freenaruto.com/naruto-chapter-697/ pg 126

Tackling the Sasuke thing:

People shouldn't say "Base" Sasuke or "Rinnegan" Sasuke

Sasuke is always at base, UNLESS he is drained of chakra. Sasuke always has tomoe'd rinnegan activated, it can only deactivate tomoe into regular rinnegan. If anything, Sasuke could technically go upward activating Sharingan into EMS and having that w/ tomoe'd rinnegan. But I'm unsure if that is considered another form or not.

For the question of Sasuke's striking strength:

He has been shown w/o Susano'o to tank hits from Momoshiki and be fine, which accounts for his durability.

In his fight w/ Momoshiki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzClCJFpSoM he's shown to duke out with Momoshiki holding his onw

To conclude: Sasuke period just has the striking strength to deal with the same enemies Naruto does. With Ninjutsu & with the sword.

A Stoned Orc said:
There is not any other instance besides this single scene:
No rinnegan
And this from a movie which was, again, in production prior to the release of chapter 700.
From what can be surmised, there is no way to "deactivate" a Rinnegan if you're not an Otsutsuki, unless you get Edo Tensei'd after dying, in which case the Rinnegan becomes permanently active upon first use. Madara never switches his eyes back to EMS after activating his Rinnegan to absorb Naruto's Rasenshuriken.

In the same way, Sasuke has never canonically been shown to deactivate his Rinnegan.
in madaras fight with the 5 kage i believe he had his ems active when he used genjutsu on AY, so it seems he is able to go back and forth

Naruto isn't a verse that suffers from the Durability =\= Striking argument. There are 0 instances of Durability being > than a characters striking in Naruto. Just like irl, You can hit harder than what you can "Tank". This is illustrated time and time again in Naruto.

The notion that Durability =\= Striking or is somehow > Striking goes against the reason Taijutsu exists in the verse. If Anything, Striking > Durability in Naruto. The most recent example of this I can remember off the top of my head is Gai kicking Madara with Night Gai wherein his Durability couldn't withstand the force of his strike.

So yes, Durability can be scaled to Striking in Naruto unless there is counter evidence.

I cannot find the clip of Madara using genjutsu on Ay.

Even if he did, it's already been proven that he can use Susano'o with his Rinnegan activated so why not his genjutsu? Thusly, why, other than an anime quirk, would Madara even want to deactivate his Rinnegan to show his EMS? It's off-topic at this point I suppose, but still.

lol somebody once tried to tell me he went down to ems because the rinnegan cant use genjutsu, but really u cant find it? all i did was google madara genjutsu ay and it popped it

TFO, that isn't how it works. We don't make a special exception for Naruto.

What are the TL;DR conclusions here in an easy to understand summary?

we are still on this

base naruto block momoshiki punch with his hand

he physically stop momoshiki punch

if naruto didnt had 5-B Strength than that punch wouldve sand him flying

this is his(1st panel) 5-B Strength feat not dura feat

0008-02s1.png
1st panel 5-B Strength feat

2nd panel reaction feat

3rd panel Durability feat

Okay my bad I was busy. So if we assume Naruto and Sasuke remained the same strength from EoS Naruto Shippuden to Boruto, he can possibly scale as he was trading blows with Sasuke while in base at Valley of The End, then went into his bijuu mode scaling him above Sasuke. Base Naruto would definitely at EoShippudden would scale. Boruto is debateble.

Actually I did not see that scan. That scan makes me moree inclined to believe that it still scales the same way.

I just rewatched the Momoshiki vs Naruto and Sasuke fight Such a dirty pleasure of mine

In the Anime fight when that fight happens Naruto's fist is covered with Bijuu chakra while in the Manga it's just his wrist/fist.

Most likely a mistake or just something an animator wanted to do as we all know they got a bunch of random people to animate that fight.

So im siding with scaling im the same way as they should be scaled at EoShippuden atm

The ratings for the God Tiers are currently a bit messed up.

There also seems to be an issue of whether we take the manga as the primary canon for Boruto or not.

I'm planning on making a CRT to address these issues in a few days.

Damage3245 said:
There also seems to be an issue of whether we take the manga as the primary canon for Boruto or not.

For you to even assume that the Boruto anime is more canonically in any way, shape, or form is disturbing.

Celestial Judge said:
For you to even assume that the Boruto anime is more canonically in any way, shape, or form is disturbing.
That's exactly my thought, but I've seen some people argue for using feats from the anime and that the anime is the highest canon. I really disagree with that.

Damage3245 said:

Uhhh, what? Why would there be an issue of the manga being the primary canon? Are you suggesting the anime is the more canonical continuity?

JohnHendrix212 said:
Uhhh, what? Why would there be an issue of the manga being the primary canon? Are you suggesting the anime is the more canonical continuity?
No, the opposite. I support the manga as the primary canon.

Damage3245 said:
Celestial Judge said:
That's exactly my thought, but I've seen some people argue for using feats from the anime and that the anime is the highest canon. I really disagree with that.
They should be burned at the stake

...I mean, the anime covers a lot of shit that the manga just doesn't, stuff that seems less like filler and more like legitimate story arcs. Whereas the manga seems content to gloss over fairly sizable gaps in time.

JohnHendrix212 said:
What feats does the anime have that are even useful? It nerfs the characters more often than not.
This is a topic that should probably be discussed on another thread, but to answer your question there are some speed calcs that have been made from anime-only scenes in Boruto. Things like Shino's current speed calc from Boruto, if you look at his profile.

Yeah damage if u have a problem with the anime being supporting and secondary canon your gonna have to take that up with Kep, your gonna have to debunk the literal statements from Iki and Kodachi and Kishi about the anime as well

Damage3245 said:
> Yea AP isn't always equal to durability but it is when it comes to taijutsu

Prove it.

> If part 2 base Sasuke is 5B then base naruto is 5B which makes base adult Naruto 5B.

I don't think there's any indication that Sasuke's base striking strength (without using any jutsu) is 5-B. The only times he harmed Madara was when he used his chidori, or he teleported his sword into him.

> then base naruto is 5B which makes base adult Naruto 5B

Didn't Naruto get rusty between Part 2 and Boruto? Wouldn't he be weaker?

> Lol no we were literally told by Obito himself why he couldn't implant the other rinnegan

That's not how it looks to me.

Dude what??? Do u read Naruto???????? Adult Naruto is stronger than Teen Naruto ƒÿò. U seriously are asking things that people already know.U had already assumed that rinnegan Sasuke was a form

Also not how it looks to you?? So your opinion holds more weight than what the character himself literally said? And I can tell you don't even know what I'm referring to. I'm not talking about your scan up above I'm talking about another instance in the manga where Obito gave a statement about the rinnegan dude.

AstralKing7 said:
Dude what??? Do u read Naruto???????? Adult Naruto is stronger than Teen Naruto ƒÿò. U seriously are asking things that people already know.U had already assumed that rinnegan Sasuke was a form
AstralKing. Are you being serious? Do you want to seriously ask me if I read Naruto?

If you're not being serious, then how am I supposed to have a debate with you?

And stop spamming posts. You've just posted three times in a row, all directed at me.

Dude do u not realize the things you seriously ask on these threads and any others? It's ignorant. U don't even have to read Naruto to understand that adult Naruto is way stronger than teen Naruto

Understanding of how scaling works on this site basically helps u with this.

U seriously asked wasn't Naruto rusty like that makes his AP decrease??? Nani tf??

Are u serious? U don't even have to read Naruto to see that he is stronger than teen Naruto. Scaling literally proves it

The question is how am I supposed to debate with you? What's worse u said didn't Naruto get rusty between Shippuden to Boruto ƒñ¿ the last is literally between Shippuden and Boruto

just ask Content Moderator and admin to give their opinion and we are done

any one can desagree with upgrades so no need to wait for Damage3245 to agree with us

only Content Moderator and admin can say what to reject and accept on CRT

@Omimi; @AstralKing7; let me ask, what value exactly do you propose base Naruto's AP to be. Not the tier, but the specific value, as close as you can estimate.

base naruto block momoshiki punch with his hand

he physically stop momoshiki punch

if naruto didnt had 5-B Strength than that punch wouldve sand him flying

this is his(1st panel) 5-B Strength feat not dura feat
0008-02s1.png

1st panel 5-B Strength feat

2nd panel reaction feat

3rd panel Durability feat

Damage3245 i already gave my opinion on about that and provide evidence above but u dont want to agree

as for Toneri

he has 5-B creation statemant

wiki accept creation statemant for tier and ap

so it shouldn't be problem

@Omimi; where did you state what you think the value for base Naruto's AP should be?

@Omimi; that doesn't answer my question.

I'm asking about the value, not the tier.

u do know how powerscale work here no?

so i am not understanding why u are asking about value

he simply scale to what ever the value momoshiki has

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

Back