• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soma Vs. Kratos

Bobsican

He/Him
Finally found someone strong with a good enought amount of resistances.

Both at Low 2-C (First key Soma), speed equalized.

Dracula´s Incarnatio: 7 (Jimboydejaun12, LightinAnt, Ogbunabali, Stillwinston, Veloxt1r0kore, ABoogieYesSir, Js250476)

The God of War: 0

Incon: 0

SomaRender
Whatever...

GOWIIIKratos
I'll rip you limb from limb!

That´s a resistance to it, not an actual power in his part tho.

In other words, he can´t erase stuff. That´s reserved for his conceptual manip, but that one only applies when actually killing someone with an actual attack, so yeah, not an actual factor in the match.

I guess Soma seals than, Or He Fires positive electrons It would create immense amounts of gamma radiation from the size of the beam. But what good wil curse manipulation do: An assembly of tortured souls that curses all it touches.", "The manifestation of tormented souls seeking vengeance. Moves slowly and curses all who touch it."

But for his concept manip, Soma destroyed the concept of chaos.

In-Game, curses just deplet the magic energy of those inflicted, akin to a Status Effect, limiting the usage of magic for a while.

Also, I think his sealing is something he can only do after at least knocking out the target.

Lastly, he had to kill Chaos first, hence why not being an actual factor in the match.

Why? I normally would, but that key actually has stuff like Mid-Godly and broken hax as far I know.

Well, he has so many powers and all, but he normally just leads with close combat moves and elemental attacks.

What Kratos leads with?

I better ask this first:

How much magic Kratos has? Because the one hit killing move of Soma is very dependant on that factor.

Leaving that at a side, Soma has...

- Lots of proyectile variety (bones, water, ice, electricity, fire, plants, poison, hellfire, air, darkness, light, demons, etc.)

- Attack reflection via forcefields

- Flight (it limits his moveset drastically, however, as he becomes a bat for it)

- Giant demon transformations (normally only used to tackle a target)

The other powers are either too minor to be considered enought or Kratos already resists it.

Which ones exactly? His empathic manip and hypnosis are not as good as you likely think TBH.

Hans0l013123897 said:
Changing vote to kratos fra
But Kratos hasn´t been debated to have any advantage or something notable in this match so far, so I can´t count the vote yet, sorry.

Kratos can at least just tear apart Soma if he manages to attack him in an unexpected angle (the forcefield is not omnidirectional, by the way).

Soma's Danmaku should overwhelm Kratos and I don't know if Soma's supernatural luck lowers the chance for Kratos to hit him.

His luck only alterates the chance for him to make critical hits, not helping in anything else.

Lastly, the danmaku is a bit slow, so Kratos should be more than capable of just dodge it or redirect it. Note that Soma can leave the danmaku itself activated while he does whatever he pleases, mening that it can be an effective battlefield hazard.

It comes from his death manip move, but as it´s a side effect of the death manip itself (which Kratos resists), it shouldn´t be a big factor.

It does help, but it´s more like draining the damage of the target to heal the user itself in Soma´s case, so don´t take it as something that ignores durability.

Also:

Again, how much magic can Kratos use at once? If he´s somehow entirely depleted from it (or runs out of it), Soma can negate durability with his Killer Mantle.

Lastly, his ice manip is simply summoning quickly a piece of ice to the floor, which then immdiately makes a bunch of big and sharp ice blades erupt from it in a linear direction. It can cause freezing, by the way.

He also has a sword that freezes stuff in its path.

Then I guess it isn´t something to worry much about, his OHK move has garbage range, after all.

Back