• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-A Zelda (without Majora this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been ready for a while now, and I think this is the right moment to post it. Just saying, I haven't given up on 3-A yet, but this scales to different characters so it's still worthy to be brought up.

Vaati
Vaati creates a pocket dimension with several stars and nebulas.

In Minish Cap, after Vaati's defeated in his second form, Link saves Zelda and goes to the Elemental Sanctuary. Here a thunder falls, and Vaati BFRs Link away.The animation that sends Link there is the same one that sends Link to an another pocket reality created by Vaati. After Link defeats Vaati, Link reappears surprised at Hyrule Castle. Obviously Link didn't come back on his own (who's surprised at seeing himself back in Hyrule Castle), and it does seem like the dimension got destroyed just like the first dimension. Also, the pattern on the floor is identical in both dimensions. There's literally no other possibility. Vaati BFRing Link to space wouldn't make him reappear in Hyrule Castle, and any other conclusion possible would be less supported than this, if even supported at all. Lastly, Vaati directly states that he would show Link "the true power of the Light Force", which supports the notion of him doing it to show off the Light Force's power.

Scales to Link (Minish Cap) and Link (Four Swords). It doesn't scale to FSA!Ganon as Vaati is clearly weakened, became mindless and it's only considered as a normal boss by the game. It also obviously scale to The Triforce.

Wind Fish
The Wind Fish created a pocket dimension with stars. As you can read below, Koholint Island and everything in it was created as a result of the Wind Fish's dream, including this scene that still plays out inside the Wind Fish's dream.

While this statement:

"TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... "

Was used to debunk this upgrade, here illusions is meant as "temporary things", as in, they're not part of the real world. Given that the island, the humans and the monsters are all very clearly solid. You don't believe me? This the translated text:

"To the one who touched the notes, Koholint isn't a real island. Sky, ocean, mountain, demon, humans, everything is created. The dream seen by the Wind Fish. When Wind Fish awakens, Koholint will be turned into a bubble. I will say to the future the ultimate truth." (I've changed a couple of names to them concide with the Western names. The first sentence got corrected later down in the thread)

No only it doesn't mention Koholint being an illusion, but it explicitly states that everything, including the sky, and by extension the stats within it, were created by the Wind Fish. And it also states that the Wind Fish's Awakening would destroy it, which I guess could be a destructive feat, too, though other statements in the game imply it's done via Existence Erasure. This is pretty decisive evidence.

It doesn't scale to anyone except The Triforce users, as Shadow Nightmares simply put the Wind Fish to sleep.

The two feats aren't outliers, as the Light Force is kinda the Four Sword miniseries counterpart of the Triforce, usually described as having Infinite Power and other statements that put it far above most other characters. The Wind Fish is kind of his own thing, a deity whose only feat is dreaming this world as a whale Azathoth. So he doesn't have anti-feats. The Triforce's 4-B feat is passive and pretty casual, as it's not even done by a wish to it, just it warping the Sacred Realm on default when someone touches it and then sustaining it passively. It's not even done with a wish, which is the Triforce's whole deal.

I feel like you should hold off the Link's Awakening stuff considering the remake is coming out this year.

No solid evidence.

Using Azathoth as an example doesn't make something not real have a tangible tier.

How exactly is Vaati BFRing Link to another dimension no solid evidence? Because that's a different dimension, otherwise Link wouldn't have reappeared back in Hyrule castle if that was the case.

It's literally stated that he created the dream and that he would destroy it upon waking up. We already give Low 2-C to dream feats, honestly 4-A is kind of a lowball.

@TP Sure but he didn't made it.

I could upgrade so many things by that..

Then why Link reappears back in Hyrule Castle? If it was unrelated to Vaati's defeat, Link wouldn't have been able to come back. Also, the circumstances are very similar to when Link got BFRed in a pocket dimension, with even the same pattern on the floor.

Warren Valion said:
What states that Vaati is the one who created the realm?
Logic, which hopefully hasn't been forgotten yet by this wiki The fact that every other conclusion meets contradictions. You could say it's a demonstration via Reduction ad absurdum. Also the fact that the circumstances are the same as when Vaati BFRs Link to a pocket dimension just some time prior, stuff on the OP, and most importantly the fact that Link comes back to Hyrule after he defeats Vaati, meaning that the dimension was connected to him.

I'm neutral at best for Vaati.

Wind Fish I can get behind (for now) as the Wind Fish does state that it ain't just the island, but the sky as well is created by the Fish.

And yes, nothing sans the TF scales to Whale Azathoth.

I'm in the same boat as Cal. Vaati more than likely created that dimension (Ocrams Razor and all that jazz) but there's still something slightly off about it. Wind Fish looks to be all fine and dandy tho.

Base Mario will also soon join since the series has three 4-A feats, which i will made a CTR of.

I'd say we should wait until the remake comes out. That could add some more info on the wind fish and possibly give more statements

Tier 4 Video Game Gang:

Kratos (2018)

Pit

Vaati

Soon to be:

Pokémon

Base Mario

It's a good year for VG characters. Definitely can see this being on of the highlights for 2019.

Theglassman12 said:
I'd say we should wait until the remake comes out. That could add some more info on the wind fish and possibly give more statements
From the little we've seen, it's basically a 1:1 with LA, just with better graphics and different art style.

Who isn't going to be 4-A at this point? Just wait for Metroid Prime 4 and the FF7 remake if they ever come out to give Samus and Cloud 4-A feats.

Well that's what we saw with Fire Emblem Echoes and that game added a lot more to the original game that it felt like a different game. Same with Zero Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back