• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2B goku? massive upgrade to goku

seing as it is a april fools day video, he is making fun of how unreliable power scaling is. that and he probably thinks theres no way a transformation would be 500x what came before and is making fun of it.

Seth is reliable when it comes to power scaling db characters, he knows very well where they should be placed compared to each other. The problem is that he wanks their power far beyond belief.

he genuinly made goku 2b and thinks broly is multy soral sistem. hes good at powerscaling, but relies on multipliers too much

i mean, the conclusion in teh video linked are the aftermath of his own idea, and while parody, would be what genuinly happened, exept the base goku=jiren part

Ovrhide said:
Seth is reliable when it comes to power scaling db characters, he knows very well where they should be placed compared to each other.
The problem is that he wanks their power far beyond belief.
He isn't a DBtard like most people believe. In fact, he's debunked many videos in which DB characters win.

(This is now the fourth time I'm typing this up because of the rebellion of my phone and the failure of my mobile browser. I may or may not be insane given that I've now officially devoted hours of my day toward expressing my thoughts on SethTheProgrammer. I'm at work alone in the lobby so it's whatever. And yes this is the third time I'm explaining that. At least this time I'm typing it up in a note taking app so I can copy and paste from here.)

I've been watching Seth's channel for years now so I think I have some context for understanding its strengths and weaknesses along with how it's developed and improved over time.

I have mixed feelings on the specifics of his content but it's definitely gotten much better. He used to have a habit of not specifying which level of universal destruction, creation, etc...he'd be referring to despite having an understanding of the differences. He also had an issue with neglecting to specify whether he was referring to the DBZ anime, Kai, or Toriyama's manga when doing calcs, scaling, citing feats, etc...and if misinterpreted, this creates a composite that the viewer doesn't know is a composite. Neither of these appear to be an issue anymore though sometimes the scaling issues become relevant again when evaluating mid-high tier DBZ characters in DBS. His content, in general, is much better organized than it used to be.

I actually agree with him on the legitimacy of the use of SSJ multipliers and implied scaling within the series to track, for example, Goku's increases in base. Of course, inconsistencies can arise but given the challenges, I think he does a good job and scaling within the series has always been a strong suit of his. Part of his reputation for wank comes from using multipliers on destructive feats/calcs/statements, it does produce huge impressive numbers (I'm p sure this includes 3-B Super Vegito assuming baseline 4-B SPC) but even he usually only goes as far as to say that results like these with stacked multipliers only represent what the characters AP >could possibly< be so I think it's fine content even if I don't agree with the results of the calcs themselves.

I think most people here will agree that his conception of how hax abilities work fundamentally nerfs the concept; that said, his position is generally correct with regard to how hax often function in DB with AP being a sufficient counter the majority of the time so that's worth discussion at least, albeit a different discussion.

Anyway, yeah the guy wanks DB's AP, speed, and hax resistance using controversial methods that he, at this point, does clearly show his work when using. I still enjoy his content because the guy is really funny and I have a natural fondness for the channel that really got me into this stuff. There are much worse roads one could go down in the vs debating community: some people think pre-retcon Beyonder is omnipotent

In a video a couple of weeks ago, Seth started wanking Alien X saying that he is possibly 5-D, although he did that with the collaboration of Kuro the Artist, who is a Ben 10 wanker who thought Alien X was nigh-omnipotent.

Stryk3r1337 said:
In a video a couple of weeks ago, Seth started wanking Alien X saying that he is possibly 5-D, although he did that with the collaboration of Kuro the Artist, who is a Ben 10 wanker who thought Alien X was nigh-omnipotent.
I saw that vid; I don't know all that much about Alien X but I've seen its tier hotly debated in many diff places so I've been operating under the assumption that it's just a super controversial topic?

And I don't think it's ever fair to call someone (Kuro) who doesn't typically participate in these sorts of debates a wanker for their ideas? Like the frame of reference just isn't there, many people think Haruhi is omnipotent but they likely have never been prompted to think about omnipotence on a philosophical level or the way a higher dimensional being would interact with a lower in the context of how fictional characters compare to each other in combat

Well, technically, if I say Goku can beat someone like Thanos with the IG or the DC God tier, then that means I'm wanking Goku. But I digress.

It is technically wank but the label isn't really justified in this case. I also cut him a little slack on the "beat pretty much any character in fiction" thing because while there are many many superior characters, a single Universal+ does solo the overwhelming majority of characters in fiction. Being superior or equal to a universal spacetime continuum is pretty OP despite it being literally nothing to a higher dimensional being.

Whis isnt universal
Has goku surpassed whis???????

Rip whis 2k18 cant even stop a universal level attack T-T
( World in this senario translates to universe btw)

Plaease dont bring up setthedickrider he actually makes me hate the dragonball community just from sheer stupidity and selective blindness

How did i, yes, broly is. Multi solar sistem level, how did i miy it up, he claimed thet he could destroy a macrocosm, and that hed be capable of destroying a galaxy in a few days.

You think believing in Seth is bad?

I did something worse.

Believe in Animation Rewind.

Thanks to that, I actually maked a 2-C Dora the Explorer profile.

It got deleted a minute later. 3 times...

Ricsi-viragosi said:
How did i, yes, broly is. Multi solar sistem level, how did i miy it up, he claimed thet he could destroy a macrocosm, and that hed be capable of destroying a galaxy in a few days.
....Uhhhh....uhhhh....

Didn't he easily destroy South Galaxy, though?

No, he was supposed to have done so through his entire life, and the amount of differences between macrocosm and a galaxy is pretty different

OuterversalRaditz said:
Differing opinions don't make him an idiot lol. Also, I wasn't even attacking him in pointing that out, it seemed that the consensus here was that Seth had peak Broly around multi solar system level and that just isn't true
Well, this site has Broly at multi solar system aswell.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
he genuinly made goku 2b and thinks broly is multy soral sistem. hes good at powerscaling, but relies on multipliers too much
holy god seth is a very credible power scaler how dare you make judgments and btw he said its not a confirmed number!

OuterversalRaditz said:
Differing opinions don't make him an idiot lol. Also, I wasn't even attacking him in pointing that out, it seemed that the consensus here was that Seth had peak Broly around multi solar system level and that just isn't true
You're right.

However, making rash conclusions based off of pure BS, is idiotic.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
OuterversalRaditz said:
You're right.
However, making rash conclusions based off of pure BS, is idiotic.
shall i have him debunk you guys?

you can try, but the fact that hes logic leads to a goku 300 quantillions stronger then baser is kinda stupid

I don't think Seth said Goku is 2-B, either. At least not recently. I'm fairly certain that he even said that the highest you could even wank Jiren to was low multiversal, and even that would be ridiculous. Pretty sure this was when he was doing some debunk of "Jiren vs the Marvel Universe" or whatever.

How is Broly not Multi-Solar-System level? He destroyed the entire South Galaxy, which actually contains 1/4 of all of Universe 7 (which contains billions of galaxies at least), within the span of 20-30 years, possibly less. This would make him far superior to Buuhan.

Besides, if you use Xeno feats for DB Super Goku, Goku actually is 2B since he actually beat Xeno Goku in a fight, and that was only in his SSGSS state, i'm not even including Kaioken or Ultra Instinct -Sign-

Back