• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Xenoverse/Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly said history isn't finite, meaning it's infinite.

A single timeline doesn't take infinite paths. Trunks said individual timelines have a beginning and an end

I like the idea of 2-A DBX but I don't think this is valid. Seems a little too vague, just wait a bit. I don't doubt that there are infinite timelines but there isn't enough proof for it yet. We'll probably get a clear cut statement about infinite timelines later on.

That's talking about a single timeline having a start and end point. Not that there are finite amount of timelines

History is ALL possible timelines.

The time patroller said history can take different paths. We know these paths are different timelines. Demigra blew up the time nest which contains all the time scrolls. They all make up history

This is a brand new statement. How is it brought up a 7th time lmao

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Shouldnt we make a discussion rule about this if it's come up about multiple times?
NO

DBX is consistently getting new translations, we mustn't do that just because it's getting annoying

If DBH is consistently getting new information, banning these discussions doesn't seem like the correct thing to do.

"History isn't finite" doesn't mean 2-A. You are taking it far too literally whilst also applying a bizarre interpretation to mean that history = all timelines.

Infinite roads doesn't mean it has infinite cross section. Being not finite can also mean "countless" not infinite.

Considering what? An annoying thread every month that gets instantly closed like almost always?

Why does that constitute a rule?

IF we had no new information and we were just getting the same arguments sure, but threads where new info is brought up unlike this?

No rule is necessary.

The Everlasting said:
I don't see how "history" correlates with timelines here.
Trunks literally calls the scroll with baby a timeline, and says it's a part of history. Since history is infinite as stated by Fu, there have to be infinite timelines. Since timelines = history according to Trunks.

Basically, constantly increasing doesn't mean infinite. Just because there's infinite possible timeline forks doesn't mean the entire infinity exists at once. Interpretations of time like that generally favor a countless and constantly increeasing but not infinite number due to an infinite amount of possibilities.

Wokistan said:
Basically, constantly increasing doesn't mean infinite. Just because there's infinite possible timeline forks doesn't mean the entire infinity exists at once. Interpretations of time like that generally favor a countless and constantly increeasing but not infinite number due to an infinite amount of possibilities.
This. The very way timelines work in DBX means there can't be infinite. Unless they outright go "There are infinite timelines" but I doubt they'll contradict themselves like that.

So let me get this straight. Because we're repeatedly getting new info in favour of and make new threads to bring it up since the previous threads are closed, we should make a rule outright forbidding any attempts to bring up the new info? do you know how backwards that is?

I agree with not banning the threads. That's just too extreme and really overreacting. It can even be disadvantaging for us to put them in the right tier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We are not always getting new information for DBX. DBX just has two games.
It's not just DBX, Matt. DBH is currently still going on as well as plenty of Guide material to translate if we so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back