• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBH Additions: Lunar New Year Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro how do you get fire hax without fire?
How do you even know its fire without them saying it is?
ben-10-heatblast-waving-his-hand-phl7ul0xiux46pb1.gif

Shoot, guess I'm gonna have to downgrade Heatblast since Ben doesn't call him "Fire Guy".

Exactly the same I discussed with Viet in private.
Honestly, I blame our non-duality page. It seems to not really explain the basics of duality well, instead mentioning 1's and 0's that aren't actually too relevant to understanding it. It does touch on it a bit with the fire and water part, but just shy's away from actually explaining it, going on instead to talk about existence and non-existence, framing dualities as just something to do with opposites.

I'd say it's more the opposite. But then again how do you define non-existence without first defining existence?
Based on what you are saying you have misread my post. I'm saying that nonexistence isn't required by existence in any way. Nonexistence isn't simply empty space, as the vast void of nothingness of our universe is still a part of our existence. Nonexistence is something more, and something we don't actually have in reality. Things can be destroyed, thus removing them from existence, but there is no actual "nonexistence" beyond that.

Based on what you are saying you have misread my post. I'm saying that nonexistence isn't required by existence in any way. Nonexistence isn't simply empty space, as the vast void of nothingness of our universe is still a part of our existence. Nonexistence is something more, and something we don't actually have in reality. Things can be destroyed, thus removing them from existence, but there is no actual "nonexistence" beyond that.
I disagree (not necessarily on the irl part), thought we always assumed non-existence is the fundament which existence rests upon (without non-existence there can be no existence). Which explains why non-existence erasure is more potent than existence erasure for example.

I mean if nonexistence isn't a foundation our reality rests on, why would fiction inherently require it. It's this purely esoteric nature of nonexistence, that it isn't something inherent but something more, well technically less, that makes it more potent. Existence is the foundation, nonexistence is simply something extra beyond it.

Honestly, I blame our non-duality page. It seems to not really explain the basics of duality well, instead mentioning 1's and 0's that aren't actually too relevant to understanding it. It does touch on it a bit with the fire and water part, but just shy's away from actually explaining it, going on instead to talk about existence and non-existence, framing dualities as just something to do with opposites.
That is one point where the site needs better elaboration, but honestly it is not the only fix the page needs, there is much more that imo needs to be changed in requirements, explanation, etc. The point that the site doesn't emphasize a lot on some points can lead to threads like this one.

So if you see a burning flame somewhere,which is clearly fire, you're gonna assume it's not because it wasn't specifically mentioned? Please. Common sense.
Novelty
You just mentioned burning and flame
Please learn how to properly argue or speak to people
There's no "opposite"
There's no "duality"
There's no "opposing nature"
Just one being existing and other nonexistent
So please learn how to argue better points
Just because there's a void doesn't make the void a duality of everything the other guides and rules over
Common sense

Novelty
You just mentioned burning and flame
Please learn how to properly argue or speak to people
There's no "opposite"
There's no "duality"
There's no "opposing nature"
Just one being existing and other nonexistent
So please learn how to argue better points
Just because there's a void doesn't make the void a duality of everything the other guides and rules over
Common sense
That was...a not very nice way of not understanding.

Anyways, the point is name dropping is extremely nitpicky,and let me be blunt here, we don't do that here, and a staff even admitted that.

Since you seem to like dualities, let's bring up Yin and Yang : the most straightforward one.

This concept is a duality by definition, yet by your logic the verse needs to specifically refer to it as a "duality" in order for it to work.

That's simply not how we do things here. Refer to Everything12 if you don't believe my words.

Also no need for the passive aggressiveness. It's really out of place, especially for someone who consider themselves better at debating.

That is one point where the site needs better elaboration, but honestly it is not the only fix the page needs, there is much more that imo needs to be changed in requirements, explanation, etc. The point that the site doesn't emphasize a lot on some points can lead to threads like this one.
There are things that I can't understand because it is so complex, I think it would make it a lot easier if it included things that we can read and understand.

That was...a not very nice way of not understanding.

Anyways, the point is name dropping is extremely nitpicky,and let me be blunt here, we don't do that here, and a staff even admitted that.

Since you seem to like dualities, let's bring up Yin and Yang : the most straightforward one.

This concept is a duality by definition, yet by your logic the verse needs to specifically refer to it as a "duality" in order for it to work.

That's simply not how we do things here. Refer to Everything12 if you don't believe my words.

Also no need for the passive aggressiveness. It's really out of place, especially for someone who consider themselves better at debating.
You're not making sense, there's also 0 aggressiveness in anything i said, so.....
I also didn't say "oh your verse MUST have been mentioned to have A duality"
I said the nature of what is being displayed here doesn't show anything related to duality young man

You're not making sense, there's also 0 aggressiveness in anything i said, so.....
I also didn't say "oh your verse MUST have been mentioned to have A duality"
I said the nature of what is being displayed here doesn't show anything related to duality young man
This feels like pure speculation tho, although you might think it fully makes sense, but just because A holds B doesn't mean nonexistent A holds not B
My reason:
The nonexistent history wasn't specified to hold a duality of everything in history, it just doesn't exist unless it was specifically mentioned then, i wouldn't obliged

This is something very common in fiction the, positive energy and negative energy
Ok bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back