• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has so many agreement and no disagreement, conformity is the enemy of success, so I will be the black sheep and disagree cause I can.

This thread has so many agreement and no disagreement, conformity is the enemy of success, so I will be the black sheep and disagree cause I can.

qdw82rJm_400x400.jpg

The japonese version of Tailstube should be the same as the english one, especially since it was writen by english writers the same way

Tho it's weird because the Eng version was uploaded some hours before the Jp one, so I dunno which one has the priority lmao.
There's currently no priority. The "lore team" is made of both English and Japanese staff members and currently, it's understood that both the English and Japanese versions complement each other. With, for example, the Japanese side being managed by Eitaro Toyoda that makes stuff like Sonic Pict with his art team and Ian Flynn and other members making stuff like TailsTube, the japanese version is most likely Eitaro's adaptation of the script since he's in charge of most of the Japanese adaptations and make sure thing fit with the Sonic's setting.

But basically, both English and Japanese versions are considered to be valid ways of understanding Sonic's setting.

Can't we do something about the profiles getting ALL of Tier 2 and reduce those?

Coz it's legit horrible lol.

One thing is 2 tiers, but 3/4? Lol
I dislike all the ratings as well but the problem is we still have Phantom King at Low 2-C. We'd have to argue Mania Sonic was tapping into that 2-B, possibly 2-A level of power against the PK to eliminate Low 2-C altogether, which I think is the main hurdle against that. This also isn't mentioning the oddballs like Super Mecha Mk. II in 3&K, which we can really only rate "safely" at Low 2-C.

Though I'm welcome to suggestions, I'm not really a fan of slapping another Tier 2 rating onto all these characters.

I dislike all the ratings as well but the problem is we still have Phantom King at Low 2-C. We'd have to argue Mania Sonic was tapping into that 2-B, possibly 2-A level of power against the PK to eliminate Low 2-C altogether, which I think is the main hurdle against that. This also isn't mentioning the oddballs like Super Mecha Mk. II in 3&K, which we can really only rate "safely" at Low 2-C.

Though I'm welcome to suggestions, I'm not really a fan of slapping another Tier 2 rating onto all these characters.
even without the phantom king, we have the eggsalamander at half baseline 2-C, and the eggwizard at a at least baseline 2-C, there is nothing to do really

I can argue that:
  • AP =/= DC, this ain't Smash Bracket.
  • Nothing really stops the Phantom King from being 2-B/2-A if the guys he fought battled consistently foes on that level. Him being the black sheep when Sonic needed against him a form he uses against such tiers does not make sense.

They scale to the Super Forms which are on that level consistently.
here is the thing tho, the chaos emerald canonically vary in power, reaching different levels depending on the situation and the users will and thoughts and emotions, this is the whole reason super forms have a varied tier and why we accept them at tier 2 in the first place

Hmm, I kinda half-agree with this. In terms of context, Tails was likely mentioning it in a theoretical sense. So I think a "theoretically 2-A" would make a little more sense since nothing is really cemented in yet.

But ig a possibly 2-A rating is fine too.

Hmm, I kinda half-agree with this. In terms of context, Tails was likely mentioning it in a theoretical sense. So I think a "theoretically 2-A" would make a little more sense since nothing is really cemented in yet.

But ig a possibly 2-A rating is fine too.
Kind of agree with this, yeah, Tails researching the multiverse doesn’t mean he knows for sure that endless or infinite possibilities exist.

I mean that we don’t know if there is actually endless possibilities exist at all, Tails could just be theorizing based on the existing possibility based elements

but as we know, if there are infinite sonics, there are other things that are infinite, like infinite living beings that dream. that means that nights into dreams would also have infinite dreams because of it.
Yeah we should add NiGHTS and Wizeman's profiles to be possibly 2-A too since they similarly scale to cosmology busting. Its stated that there are "as many dream worlds as people sleep" in the Steam version's japanese manual of NID, so even with a fraction of infinite dreamers having nightmares that is enough to determine Nightmare as a possibly 2-A construct since a Sonic had a nightmare with Puffy / the Lost World nightmares.

Yeah we should add NiGHTS and Wizeman's profiles to be possibly 2-A too since they similarly scale to cosmology busting. Its stated that there are "as many dream worlds as people sleep" in the Steam version's japanese manual of NID, so even with a fraction of infinite dreamers having nightmares that is enough.
nights is not considered to be on the same verse as sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back