• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no reason why this would be the case here, given Tails' intent on explaining the Sonic cosmos. It just seems like needless nitpicking at this point.
I meant Multiverse maybe consist of many realities but Time Eater being able to destroy all of space time doesn't mean it can outright destroy all of them. I prefer High 3A tier than 2-B from that statements.

I meant Multiverse maybe consist of many realities but Time Eater being able to destroy all of space time doesn't mean it can outright destroy all of them. I prefer High 3A tier than 2-B from that statements.
Where does High 3-A even come from? He destroyed several space-times at once IN the game. Then he planned to destroy ALL realities. How would that be 3-A if there's infinite universes?

Where does High 3-A even come from? He destroyed several space-times at once IN the game. Then he planned to destroy ALL realities. How would that be 3-A if there's infinite universes?
Scan for destroying several space time continums at once? As of time, it would be at least Low 2-C. My bad.

Scan for destroying several space time continums at once? As of time, would be at least Low 2-C.
It happens several times throughout the game. Each zone is its own space-time. Time Eater also erases some space-times that were part of an alternate timeline (Such as the bad ending of CD and Silver's future from 06). Every time you beat 3 zones, Time Eater destroys 3 more that get put into white space (Eggman also confirmed he erased several when he said he erased the space-time of every loss he had). Honestly you can watch like any cutscene from Generations and you'll be set. You also ducked why destroying infinite universes wouldn't be 2-A.

He wanted to destroy ALL of space-time. Not just some of it. The Multiverse is infinite. Thus he'd need to destroy infinite Universes which would mean 2-A.
Its literally a MCU Alioth case quite literally like this exact same thing, quote:

"It would take infinite time with zero progress for Alioth to have ended the Multiversal War if we consider he did this over time. Alioth's statements and lore don't work unless Alioth consumed the infinite amount of realities instantly the way it's stated to have the ability eat "entire branched realities instantly".

This same exact thing applies but in the case of the time eater, the time eater wouldn't work in narrative or lore if it wasn't 2-A

Time Eater undoing Eggman’s defeats would include Maginaryworld (he wanted to steal the Precioustone in Sonic Shuffle) which in itself is already a 2-B to 2-A structure so Time Eater would’ve erased that with the confirmation it destroyed all of space-time. So the “overtime” argument doesn’t really work here.

As of time, it would be at least Low 2-C. My bad.
No. Destroying a 2-A structure over time is still 2-A if the end result is no universes, regardless of how long it takes. You can't divide like that in Tier 2 to get lower tiers like Low 2-C. Same reason two characters busting two timelines and making a 2-C result cannot be halved to grant them Low 2-C individually, they'd both be 2-C, but below baseline. This is how our Tiering System works.

Without the Maginaryworld example, Time Eater wiping out multiple space times in the form of zones shouldn’t really be considered a 2-C feat, none of the zones display universal size and space-times are not inherently universe size.

Jesus, you need to lay off that copium
gbf-zephyrus.gif

I could ask you the same question.

Seriously, you give so many of my posts likes that I feel bad whenever I don't like one of your posts.
I don't really care about likes I just like comments if:
Someone makes a compelling argument
Someone posts something funny
Or they just do something generally good

I will say that, although the evidence is already there, I personally await official and clear confirmation that NiGHTS and Sonic are within the same canon. I'd like that, but since they're different franchises, I think I'd prefer waiting since, from what we know, I don't think they explicitly are considered so right now?

Secondary canon sources that aren’t contradictory are fine.

You’re really grasping at straws now.
It’s not really secondary canon, it’s just a company writing random lore into a book that Sega doesn’t pay too close attention to because the general premise of what they’re saying still fits with the game.

The entire point of VS is to share and discuss, as well as discover. I don't feel JJ is being rude in how they're approaching this. They're asking for clarification on things, and questioning things, which you should do when trying to figure out stuff in VS. There's no reason to be harsh on someone, or joke about them like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back