• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when was this accepted?
since there are like 6 references to nights in the entire franchise?i mean look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1m5BvUBvo

since there are like 6 references to nights in the entire franchise?i mean look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1m5BvUBvo

when was this accepted in the wiki

So does Maginaryworld make this an MCU situation where there is both an infinite universe and an infinite multiverse?

when was this accepted in the wiki
is in the profile bro

Well in the English translation of RTDLD, Magolor made one statement implying AD had "endless skies", with skies in Kirby meaning universes, so that would've made Kirby "2-C, possibly 2-A".

However, the Japanese translations don't support this.
Also I'm pretty sure that it would just be 2-B if anything iirc.

is in the profile bro
ok, but when was this accepted? in which thread?

Tails is one of the smartest characters in the verse and smarter than everyone in this thread. He only said there could be infinite Sonics, about the multiverse he was certain (since he was talking about Classic's world in the video)
I’m not denying there’s a multiverse, I’m denying that there is definitively endless possibilities and all of those possibilities are full universes.

I’m not denying there’s a multiverse, I’m denying that there is definitively endless possibilities and all of those possibilities are full universes.
Tails himself said that there are infinite possibilities and infinite sonic's,he does not even saying countless,he is just saying there are infinite or endless amount of it

The possibly is only for the infinite, it assumes the endless possibilities are definitively existing, and are all universes, when that may not be true. Just because it happens in Archie and Boom doesn’t mean it applies here.
Endless possibilities existing is 2-A tho

Well in the English translation of RTDLD, Magolor made one statement implying AD had "endless skies", with skies in Kirby meaning universes, so that would've made Kirby "2-C, possibly 2-A".

However, the Japanese translations don't support this.
It depends on it. For example, the Japanese word normally used to mean Infinite is "Mugen", which is made of the Kanjis for "Nothing, lack of something" and "limit, end, boundary". Essentially the Japanese word for Infinite literally means endless, limitless, boundless. So any word with a similar structure would literally fit in their definition for their word of Infinite (In this Wiki there seems to be a common understanding that Endless, Limitless, Boundless, and similar do not necessarily mean infinite, but in the case of Japanese, that is literally their definition of Infinite. Of course, there's case by case for everything).

In any case, Tails does say "Mugen" in the Japanese version, so they do mean "Infinite" even there.

what if the japanese version says something different?
It would depend on how much different it is. Currently although different, the Japanese and English versions are said to be complementary (As even if they say totally different things, if they don't really contradict the other, both are valid). If they were completely opposite, it would feel strange considering how much they are going into this "unification" thing.

Disagree. "all of space time" could refer to both universe and multiverse. it need more context, and "affecting" smth isn't same as creating or destroying.

Disagree. "all of space time" could refer to both universe and multiverse. it need more context, and "affecting" smth isn't same as creating or destroying.
So you only disagree with 2-A Time Eater then? Not a possibly 2-A Cosmology? Or do you disagree with that too? Cuz the reason provided is really only a reason to disagree with Time Eater scaling.

In the Time Eater’s case “affecting” refers to destruction.
D57B52F4-7504-4689-8CAF-915035388E05.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

In the Time Eater’s case “affecting” refers to destruction.
Fine. but "all space time" could just refer to affecting something on a universal scale.
So you only disagree with 2-A Time Eater then? Not a possibly 2-A Cosmology? Or do you disagree with that too? Cuz the reason provided is really only a reason to disagree with Time Eater scaling.
Yeah, 2-A seems fine if it's not just a theory, I suppose it do exist.

But Eggman destroyed several space-times throughout the game and planned to destroy "all space-time". I feel it could only mean the Multiverse as a whole iirc.
So destroying space time continuums overtime consider as 2B or 2A tier? It's pretty obvious Time Eater can't destroy all at once, it's smth that could archieve overtime. doesn't it?

So destroying space time continuums overtime consider as 2B or 2A tier? It's pretty obvious Time Eater can't destroy all at once, it's smth that could archieve overtime. doesn't it?
If you can destroy infinite universes overtime you're 2-A. The reason it only destroyed a few at a time is because Eggman at that point had only targeted specifics points throughout space-time where he lost to destroy. Not all at once.

"Over time" means nothing from High 3-A and beyond. Infinity divided by anything is still infinity. Especially with the gaps within Tier 2 and above being unquantifiable as is.
Infinite realities are actually "countless" since they were created thru possibilities. Taking "infinite" as literal is the main issue here. There is a huge difference.

Infinite realities are actually "countless" since they were created thru possibilities. Taking "infinite" as literal is the main issue here. There is a huge difference.
I see no reason why this would be the case here, given Tails' intent on explaining the Sonic cosmos. It just seems like needless nitpicking at this point.

"Over time" means nothing from High 3-A and beyond. Infinity divided by anything is still infinity. Especially with the gaps within Tier 2 and above being unquantifiable as is.
Someone with a universe busting power can destroy countless realities overtime and it means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back