• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A and higher current standards

I am planning on making a revision for our standards regarding baseline 2-A and higher since I don't agree with the current ones.

However, to start making it I need a comprehensive summary of how our standards are right now.

So, can someone make a summary in the replies of this post?

Thanks in advance.

They say that infinity multiplies with anything will still be infinity so there is no higher than baseline 2-A in term of AP,I have tried to explain why at least range should be higher than baseline before but still don't have the answer lol
Thank you for the answer. I honestly doubt that a revision will change anything, but at least I want to try.

Now any more 2-A structures is still baseline because "is still infinite timelines all the same"

Despite there being high 3-A scalings, where we have infinite joules already.

Low 1-A literally being one dimension above high 1-B, which has infinite dimensions.

Range should be the bare minimun increased wih more structures, since hitting infinite timelines in one place doesn't mean your attack can travel to another 2-A structure and destroy it

They say that infinity multiplies with anything will still be infinity so there is no higher than baseline 2-A in term of AP,I have tried to explain why at least range should be higher than baseline before but still don't have the answer lol
No more above baseline Anos???

here you will find the information you're searching for.

Or you should search the old threads for 2-A standards, I think Ultima and DT explained it in a more simplified way there.

Thanks to everyone for the answers!

I am starting to work on the revision and it will probably take a while to complete it considering that I also have to give mathematical examples and such.

It will probably be useless and nothing will change, but trying is better then nothing in this situations.

And yet the page says "one transcedence above infinite transcendences"
Yes and notice how I said mathematically. If you add one layer to high 1-B, it isn't the equivalent to same transcendence. You can multiply infinity x infinity, it wouldn't equal Aleph 1 (Low 1-A here), plus there are different ways it's treated, under the continuum hypothesis, aleph 1 can be gotten by 2^infinity, since well the product would be an order of infinity higher than aleph null, which is the cardinality high 1-B represents here.

TL;DR You can't get a higher order of infinity by adding a single higher layer. Which is why I explicitly said mathematically too.

Edit, You should really read the FAQ, I have no idea where you got "one transcendence" from.

Alternatively, this tier can also be assigned to characters who transcend High 1-B structures when no further context regarding the nature of such transcendence is given.

the FAQ and aleph stuff really doesn't matter as long as this exists

Alternatively, this tier can also be assigned to characters who transcend High 1-B structures when no further context regarding the nature of such transcendence is given.

the FAQ and aleph stuff really doesn't matter as long as this exists
yes, transcend, in an ontological/qualitative manner, which unlike dimensions and their quantitative transcendence, also low 1-A is equivalent to a higher dimension for each real number (R-D) where high 1-B is just a higher dimension for each natural number (N-D)

"Note 1:

Due to the fact that the distance between any given number of universes embedded in higher-dimensional / higher-order spaces is currently unknowable, it is impossible to quantify the numerical gap between each one of the subtiers in Tier 2. As such, it is not allowed to upgrade such a character based solely on multipliers. For example, someone twice as strong as a Low 2-C character would still be Low 2-C, and someone infinitely more powerful than a 2-C would not be 2-A." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System#Notes)

I guess this would also be part of the standards in regards to 2-A due to the mention of it at the end. There is also this note it shares with 2-C and 2-B:

""Significantly affect" is here used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, merging the structure with another one, etc." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System#cite_note-SA2-2)

This page (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Multiverse) mentions infinite universes but doesn't really say much about it.

God why do you all have to turn everything single little thing into a debate 💀

Which verses, exactly? The only I recall are DnD, everything else is baseline even if they destroyed multiple multiverses.

When I meant above baseline, I meant destroying more multiverses stuff. Sure, you can be above baseline with scaling chains and multipliers, but the matter of fact is that a dude who destroys an one infinite multiverse from one verse is the same as a dude destroying an infinite amount of infinite multiverses from another verse.

one verse is the same as a dude destroying an infinite amount of infinite multiverses from another verse.
Because in that case its the same level of infinity. To get above baseline there needs to be some degree of separation between the multiverses.

Though that can probably be spelled out better somewhere.

Its not baseline. We have a handful of franchises that are above baseline 2-A because they destroy multiple multiverse style objects.
Than I need a clarification regarding this question.

"For example if I had an infinite multiverse (2-A) that was contained within a timeline in which there are an infinite amount of, what tier would that be?"
Basically, an infinite amount of timelines with each one of them containing an infinite amount of Universes.

To me, this seems a lot higher than a baseline 2-A structure. Yet, most answers seemed to say that it still is baseline. Why? How much into 2-A would that be?

Because in that case its the same level of infinity. To get above baseline there needs to be some degree of separation between the multiverses.
Seperation on its own is not enough
IDK what is even needed to get beyond baseline other then maybe infinite infinite multiverses

Literally cherry picked parts of my argument while missing the entire quote i put
I didn't cherry pick anything, nor was I interested in the main topic of this thread.
I directly said to your low 1-A statement, "that's not how it works mathematically", you are not to shift a sense of burden on me, your quote is irrelevant because I directly explained in the mathematical sense how in terms of functionality, aleph 1 is not "one higher dimension" (your words by the way, not mine) then aleph null.
By your logic, countable infinite dimensions + 1 is uncountable infinite dimensions, when literally everyone who made low 1-A and up knows that not true.

Also, why don't you list an example of a character whose just "one layer" above high 1-B and is low 1-A, because clearly you're going to make this a circular argument considering how you are misinterpreting a basic amount of research done on cardinality of the continuum. I never denied that one layer above high 1-B can't be low 1-A, since layers can vary across fictionality's, but I explicitly have made my premise clear, one dimension above high 1-B cannot suddenly become low 1-A, because low 1-A to high 1-B is considered inaccessible in regards to the context of cardinality and set theory.

Now any more 2-A structures is still baseline because "is still infinite timelines all the same"

Despite there being high 3-A scalings, where we have infinite joules already.
Not really the same since most High 3-A scaling is just multipliers and chains, which are allowed for 2-A. If some verses use multiple High 3-A objects as scaling for being higher into the tier then that just means the tier is due a revision.
Low 1-A literally being one dimension above high 1-B, which has infinite dimensions.
Not quite? Low 1-A is still uncountably infinite levels of transcendence over standard 3-dimensional beings. The only other case for assigning it is to compromise when a character is transcends a High 1-B structure but doesn't have enough evidence for 1-A.
Range should be the bare minimun increased wih more structures, since hitting infinite timelines in one place doesn't mean your attack can travel to another 2-A structure and destroy it
Wasn't this addressed in the FAQ?

Back