• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be voting Baldi due to better abilities and hax, and has more intelligence
How does his abilities works? Because the speed would not work at all, and does Baldi use his illusion in combat?

More than that, the intelligence isn't gonna work at all due to Baldi fighting a polar bear, does Bal have experience with animals?, because if not I don't think that he can overcome the bear size at all..

How does his abilities works? Because the speed would not work at all, and does Baldi use his illusion in combat?
Considering that Baldi's speed is 29.2 m/s, he can probably amp up that to Subsonic and blitz the bear. So he could. And his Illusion Creation only works at his school I think. And he could use his sound Manip to disorient the bear.

Considering that Baldi's speed is 29.2 m/s, he can probably amp up that to Subsonic and blitz the bear. So he could. And his Illusion Creation only works at his school I think. And he could use his sound Manip to disorient the bear.
I don't think that it amp up to Subsonic since needs to be like 34.3 m/s to reach it. Anyways, based on this, the bears can hit with a speed of 31.2928 m/s, so I don't think that Baldi can dodge the bear attacks at all.

Idk how the sound manip works at all, the bear still has size advantage & piercing damage too.

Idk how the sound manip works at all, the bear still has size advantage & piercing damage too.
Basically the way it works is it just allows it to echo further then it should and makes his voice sound distorted.
Yeah, not sure if it would be THAT disorienting

I don't think that it amp up to Subsonic since needs to be like 34.3 m/s to reach it. Anyways, based on this, the bears can hit with a speed of 31.2928 m/s, so I don't think that Baldi can dodge the bear attacks at all.

His sound Manip creates loud echos higher than it should, through either his voice or by slapping his ruler on his hand pretty fast.

His sound Manip creates loud echos higher than it should, through either his voice or by slapping his ruler on his hand pretty fast.
Basically the way it works is it just allows it to echo further then it should and makes his voice sound distorted.
Yeah, not sure if it would be THAT disorienting
that sounds like.. if it isn't that much of distorted, then the sound maybe would make the bear more angry too..
Also, does baldi use that in combat too? even with that, the bear can still catch baldi too, baldi isn't fast enough to dodge the bear paw, even with the amp.

I mean, how much faster is Baldi via amps? Since the bear can paw much faster than Baldi..
Also, does the amps enhance his hand speed?
I think I saw gameplay of him going insanely fast before, I'll pull up a vid of a playthrough where he goes at his fastest due to the player purposefully answering all of his questions wrong.

I think I saw gameplay of him going insanely fast before, I'll pull up a vid of a playthrough where he goes at his fastest due to the player purposefully answering all of his questions wrong.
Well, but I mean.. doesn't the page of baldi separate the attack speed & the travel speed?, this based on this calc and if it enhances only the travel speed of baldi, then I can still see the bear mauling baldi

Well, but I mean.. doesn't the page of baldi separate the attack speed & the travel speed?, this based on this calc and if it enhances only the travel speed of baldi, then I can still see the bear mauling baldi
Gameplay, how his rage power works is here.

The profile details the travel & reaction speed of Baldi, though in order to quantify how much he amps his speed it would require digging through the code for a equation or using game footage to see how fast he amps his speed. We do know that the player has to fail 21 math problems for him to achieve max speed, I'd imagine losing to a bear would make you more angry (or afraid/sad depending on the course of the fight).

So his ruler slaps are shown to go faster since they are faster after 7 failed notebooks of 3 failed math equations compared to the first 2.

Gameplay, how his rage power works is here.

The profile details the travel & reaction speed of Baldi, though in order to quantify how much he amps his speed it would require digging through the code for a equation or using game footage to see how fast he amps his speed. We do know that the player has to fail 21 math problems for him to achieve max speed, I'd imagine losing to a bear would make you more angry (or afraid/sad depending on the course of the fight).

So his ruler slaps are shown to go faster since they are faster after 7 failed notebooks of 3 failed math equations compared to the first 2.
So, as I say, apparently the amp only applies to the travel speed of Baldi, so I don't think that Baldi could dodge the paw of the Polar Bear, since it's faster than his speed. (31.2928 m/s)

Based on this, I still vote the bear, since the amped speed of Baldi isn't fast enough to dodge the attacks of the Bear, and the animal would end mauling Baldi overcoming the AP difference via piercing damage & killer instinct.

If I recall correctly it is possible for Baldi to upscale from his base speed to baseline Subsonic which would yield 35.04 m/s going by the 1.2x multiplier

Based off of Vs Thread Rules, Baldi's reaction speed is reduced by 1.275335898. Dividing Baldi's combat speed by that multiplier gives 22.90910187 m/s (Superhuman). The Grizzly Bear is comparable & has a swipe speed of 70 mph (31.2928 m/s) but the Polar Bear would likely be slower since it's way bigger than a Grizzly.
It really depends, Polar Bears are not much bigger than a Kodiak one, which is still grizzly. Also, Polar Bears paws are fast enough to catch beluga whales too, they maybe can be lower than the grizzly in speed but I'm pretty sure that their paw speed it's all the same.

Baldi ones hits without question due to up scaling. Think about it, if Baldi can one shot a child who's durability is casually above the bears, why would he suddenly be unable to one shot the bear who is less durable? It doesn't add up at all. Thus we'd assume Baldi one shots the bear via large up scaling.

Baldi ones hits without question due to up scaling. Think about it, if Baldi can one shot a child who's durability is casually above the bears, why would he suddenly be unable to one shot the bear who is less durable? It doesn't add up at all. Thus we'd assume Baldi one shots the bear via large up scaling.
I'll take that as a Baldi vote, also bump

Yes. That multiplier is ONLY there if a character has a feat that is calc'd as 7.5x higher than the opponent. That's the bare minimum AP required to one-shot the opponent with an accepted calc. However, scaling would also allow for oneshots. If Baldi oneshots someone who's durability is casually higher than the Polar Bears, than Baldi would one-shot the Polar Bear no question.

Yes. That multiplier is ONLY there if a character has a feat that is calc'd as 7.5x higher than the opponent. That's the bare minimum AP required to one-shot the opponent with an accepted calc. However, scaling would also allow for oneshots. If Baldi oneshots someone who's durability is casually higher than the Polar Bears, than Baldi would one-shot the Polar Bear no question.
Even though the Bear isn't human, by also this thread, this is a One-Shot.

Honestly I think bear wins because Baldi would never use hax for combat in character, and I think getting massive head bites would kill him pretty easily. Can't see a
scenario where Baldi beats the shit out of a Polar Bear tbh.
Bear FRA
how? people have already established baldi oneshots a character more durable than the bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back