• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

173 ability addition

I'd label that as a weakness. However, I'm pretty sure that in his 1-B form, this weakness only applies to looking directly into his eyes and not just looking at him.

Oh, my mistake. I thought you were asking what I thought of the 3rd thing.

The 3D version of 173 should have everything except power null. As much as I'd love for the statue to have a glare that rivals Jiren, all evidence points to it not being able to do that. If it's power null did work in 3D form, 682 wouldn't have been able to adapt in it's termination log.

Wait wait

173's glare only nullifies the damaging effects of attacks that are directed to his body, not nullify everything the opponent has. Thats why 682 was able to adapt since it has nothing to do with harming 173.

Ah, that makes more sense. Though the scale of the power null shouldn't be more than 173's durability, given the fact we have no higher showings of his power null. Unless there is a stray tale wherein an on-site nuke blew up and 173 was fine. Saying 173 has 1-B power null in it's 3D state is falicious to say the least.

Sir Ovens said:
Saying 173 has 1-B power null in it's 3D state is falicious to say the least.
1-b power null for the 3d form of course not xD but his power null is similar to invulnerability, where in an attack (that has an AP of 9-b or below/below high 1-b for the Koitern) that has do with damaging him will not cause him any harm so as long as it meets his gaze.

I thought you were saying 1-b power null for 3d form. Where else would you cap its power null at, and what reason do you have for stopping it there?

I'd personally cap it at no power null, as we have no demonstrations or statements or implications of 173 being able to do it. Also I'd kind of expect that in at least one piece of lore somewhere, 173 would have taken at least a tiny bit of damage.

Well he did tank alot of p90 shots while sustaining no damage at all. Even tho he is just regular concrete.

(copied from above)

Ôû¬the Koitern would not kill any who met his gaze, but none whose gaze he met could kill him

if the statement above doesn't apply to his 3d form then he wouldn't be standing still whenever you look at him. So it makes sense to give him the abilities above since his power null is directly tied in with his weakness.

Therefore NO power null for scp 173 = NO weakness wherein he is unable to move when in direct eye contact. So it would be very contradictory for the 3d form of 173 to not have any forms of power nullification.

"Even tho he is just regular concrete" He's not just regular concrete, he's an anomalous object.

"if the statement above doesn't apply to his 3d form then he wouldn't be standing still whenever you look at him" No, it would just mean that he wouldn't have power null, as we already know that he stands still when you look at him.

Again I'd like to ask, where would you cap 3d form's power null at, and why would you cap it there?

Agnaa said:
Again I'd like to ask, where would you cap 3d form's power null at, and why would you cap it there?
Code:
Only attacks that are "a dimension higher" (in this case dimensional tier jumps) can bypass 173's power null (not unless the attack has resistance to power null, or for some other reason) because his pnull is alot like invulnerability, but more efficient, wherein conventional/attacks that are meant to harm him will not have any effect on him at all.
As for your question, id say he can nullify attacks up to high 3-A. Just like how the koitern tanked an attack that has an AP infinitly higher than his durability, the 3d version could do the same but much much lower than his true form

Edit: where did that blue bar come from?

How do you know the 3d version can tank only High 3-A and not more? Since it's a 1-B weakness, shouldn't it also be a 1-B strength?

How do you know that the thing Koitern tanked has infinitely higher AP than his durability, and why does that mean 3d can also tank infinitely higher AP than durability? Why not two infinities (2-A)? Or more?

I'd really like other people to weigh in on this.

I mean, what is the nature of the power null? Is it stopping actions that could hurt it from occurring, or is it stopping actions that would otherwise damage it from damaging it?

Has 173 really never been damaged or, in the case of the power null being the former, attacked?

Agnaa said:
I mean, what is the nature of the power null? Is it stopping actions that could hurt it from occurring, or is it stopping actions that would otherwise damage it from damaging it?
Has 173 really never been damaged or, in the case of the power null being the former, attacked?
The nature of his power null is to set the damage of an attack to 0. Thats why i said it is just like invulnerability, but better.

Yes

here

I recommend reading the whole thing

EDIT: i did research and in a thread they were debating who could survive that event. Weekly (and more people) says anyone above the leviathans could survive the event.

oof

The Koitern said:
Yes

here

I recommend reading the whole thing

note: some say the scarlet king died in this story as well, you can ask someone more experienced on what happened there as i dont fully understand what just happened here
I personally don't agree with that interpretation of that SCP. As I've explained in other threads, it makes no sense for beings with precognition, who can travel between universes, and who can travel to extra-universal planes, as well as beings superior to ones who can do that, to be killed by an event in only one universe. And for them to not realize their death in that universe. All this extremely contradictory stuff from a vague word of god statement doesn't seem realistic to me.

I prefer the interpretation of it creating a new universe where all organic and sentient life stopped, and where all anomalous objects stopped being anomalous on the moment someone steps through the cave, and then traps those who crossed over there.

Just stating that I still support this but I'm unfollowing the thread now. Lotta bumpage.

This has enough votes to be accepted.

I just need somone to "make it look clean and simple" when it is added to the profile.

edit: since im not good at that stuff :v

I could, but source is locked.

Back