• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miss Pauling discovers where Mad Milk comes from

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Miss Take : 7
Mistake-a-nature : 1
Demoman blows them both up : 0

Scout has all stock weapons except his pistol which is replaced with Mad Milk, already usable
Fight takes place in Hightower, 10 meters apart
Second key scout used
9-B versions used

I don't know if this happened before but why not.

Story Below

Demoman walked back to his home, a crate filled with hundreds of bottles of scrumpy on his back. Upon arriving however, he was greeted by Miss Pauling, seemingly having survived her last encounter. The mercenary sighed, putting down his groceries. His mother was already asleep and thankfully will not be listening to the conversation the two will be having. Before starting the conversation however, Demoman went to the back and grabbed a weapon crate with Scout's emblem printed on it.

"Look Mr. DeGroot, the rest of the mercenaries sent me here to say that we all think that you overreacted. Look, Scout is trying to help us and he isn't hurting anyone. We shouldn't stop him. His methods were rather effective, at least according to medic" explained the assistant.
"Not hurting anyone?! Do you know what I saw in the eyes of that rainbow haired athlete that day? I saw fear! Pure fear!" replied the mercenary.

"Mr. Degroot, she is an athlete. This sort of stuff happens all the time for famous performers. She should've learned to cope".
"Oh yeah?! Let's see ya cope to this!".

Demoman proceeded to pick up a bottle of mad milk before emptying its contents into a milk carton. Inside, a little figurine of Miss Pauling fell which the mercenary quickly moved to the table. "Ya see this? You're not famous. Hell, you're a nobody! And yet here's a perfectly accurate figurine of ya. Ya know what this means?" asked Demoman.

"THIS BLEEDING IDIOT CUSTOM MADE THIS! Oh but that's not all. Why not have a dozen of em!". He then dropped a large amount of Miss Pauling figurines on the table from the weapon crate. The assistant's eye twitched at this revelation and she quickly left the building.

"Heh, let's see if he can explain this" thought Demoman.

Last edited:
Overall I believe this depends on how both go about this. Scout is madly in love with me Pauling so he probably wouldn’t run crazy circles around her and blast her like he would your average soldier or demo. And maybe Pauling is constantly monitoring the mercs and is known to lie and deceive them. If she tries to get scout off guard he might fall for it if he’s in character. However in a straight up fight scout would destroy her. for now I’ll vote Pauling.

Pauling is capable of deceiving characters smarter than scout, who loves her and she monitors regularly. She should be able to lower his guard and kill him then

Last edited:
vs battles puts the characters into a mindset that would allow the opponent to kill but I believe scout should take this mainly for the fact that he has more experience and is actively on the battlefield while Pauling doesn't have this she does handle things physically but doesn't appear to be active as the scout so he mainly should take this because of that

scout has also been shown to be stronger in-universe as well as well faster and far more mobile so I believe he should have this in the bag

vs battles puts the characters into a mindset that would allow the opponent to kill but I believe scout should take this mainly for the fact that he has more experience and is actively on the battlefield while Pauling doesn't have this she does handle things physically but doesn't appear to be active as the scout so he mainly should take this because of that
Keep in mind that Pauling has been in charge of the mercenaries since they were hired. There's a good possibility that she is aware of each of their strengths, weaknesses, and how to combat them. In fact I'm pretty sure she was also responsible for their weaponry and would probably know how each of them are used. That combined with her intelligence (At least when compared to Scout's) and Scout's somewhat infatuation towards her which she could use to trick him for vulnerability should be a good amount of advantages to win.

Keep in mind that Pauling has been in charge of the mercenaries since they were hired. There's a good possibility that she is aware of each of their strengths, weaknesses, and how to combat them. In fact I'm pretty sure she was also responsible for their weaponry and would probably know how each of them are used. That combined with her intelligence (At least when compared to Scout's) and Scout's somewhat infatuation towards her which she could use to trick him for vulnerability should be a good amount of advantages to win.
While we do know Pauling would most likely know this information seeing that she is the one that gives the contracts I don’t think she can take much advantage out of this due to her being less experienced than the scout and would be able to figure out how to play around pauling’s counterplay against his play

I don’t think scouts love will play much of a role in this mainly because there isn’t much room for talking in the midst of a gunfight as well as Pauling will be more focused on shooting the scout and trying to keep up with him due to his better mobility which wouldn’t allow her to get a word in

scout has also been shown to be stronger in-universe as well as well faster and far more mobile so I believe he should have this in the bag
That's only SBA, not every battle, and I don't believe this match has SBA going on.

Willing to kill but still in character, never saw a battle were characters fight to death but one holds back sinse It's his loved one? Loving her would still be a rpoblem to scout

Coringa miss pauling sinse she tecnically has alread deafeated a arm of the merceneryes (but their blue team versions) and other factors that have been mention before here

Miss pauling FRA

... But, they aren't willing to kill here, since SBA isn't invoked by OP. You can just make your characters 100% in character you know

... But, they aren't willing to kill here, since SBA isn't invoked by OP. You can just make your characters 100% in character you know
100% in character would be a stomp sinse scout wouldn't try to harm her, and Peppersalt difn't expecified the state of mind so It's SBA

The whole point of Standard Battle Assumptions is that they don't have to "invoke" them...

i'd probably say scout here. he just has more gun, plain and simple
You are aware of who he's fighting, right? Intelligence, prior knowledge, and the ability to exploit someone's weaknesses can probably outclass "more gun".

sometimes, you can't outsmart bullet
Just get the man who can
1471878018-2222310596.jpg

Back