• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[11th Round of 8-B Tournament] - Terrarian vs Satou Kazuma (0-7-0)

Ok if I understand steal correctly Satou is probably going to end up holding a bag of corruption or purification powder since those are the only two things the Terrarian has used in canon. In which case using it against the Terrarian is pointless since the Terrarian resist and may just straight up kill Satou on accident since Hallow and Corruption both corrupt people down to their souls. So if Satou opens the bag to see what he's holding or is too close when he throws it he accidentally transmutes himself. That's assuming the bags are even air tight and don't just leak Corruption/Hallow onto Satou.

Assuming he gets one of the Terrarian's weapons he still would have to deal with about 12 more since the Terrarian in every build has at least 5 to 10 weapons.

As for Satou's stealth the Terrarian can see invisible people along with knowing where bosses are even when they are on the other side of a island, and if that's not enough he has potions to give him even better enhanced senses plus a danger sense. The Terrarian's summons have better senses than the Terrarian without potions and kill things the Terrarian didn't even know were there many times (to the point that it becomes annoying as you have zero clue what the summons even killed or where the loot is). The Terrarian's cell phone also has multiple trackers including a metal detector and can notice where people are despite the Terrarian never meeting those people before.

Granted I think Satou has a large chance of winning by just repeatedly stealing the Terrarian's equipment as the Terrarian is heavily reliant on it. But if he steals the wrong thing he may just end up killing himself and the Terrarian's summons don't go away if you loss the staffs so Satou still has to fight intangible ghost the whole time (these summons are intangible to people with non physical interaction which includes hitting souls and intangible beings).

I'll wait on voting for now but I'm actually kinda leaning to Satou as everything the Terrarian has is based off equipment and Satou can steal that. Though Satou better not mess with any of the corruption/Hallow stuff or he's going to die (or be twisted to the point that he's not even close to being Satou).

Ionliosite said:
Calling Kazuma "Satou" sounds so weird LOL
Now that you mention it, that does sound weird. I just wanted to quickly get my thoughts on this match out and I completely forgot literally nobody in the show calls him Satou.

Also, I doubt the Terarian will be capable of sensing Kazuma while he is using Lurk, Vanir, who can sense souls was incapable of sensing him while using it.

What does sense souls mean, because the Terrarian can see souls but I don't think that's what sense souls means.

Also how fast is lurk because according to the op they start about 60 feet away from each other so the Terrarian is going to see him before he uses it. So the Terrarian could blast away at the area around Kazuma, or if he's a summoner, summon a field, that ignores durability, in the area Kazuma is at (the field is about 10 feet wide and is a circle).

God heckin dammit, Kazuma is an hard counter for the Terrarian since basically all his powers are equipment based.

I mean, Vanir can sense people from kilometers away, can sense emotions, magic, souls, can read what you're thinking and can also know their future, past, present, classification, name, problems, chances of achieving their goals, etc, and he still couldn't sense Kazuma.

Wait according to the profile life detection works on Kazuma and that's one of the cell phone's abilities so the Terrarian should still be able to know where Kazuma is.

Oh, Terrarian has life detection? Then it should work that detection, but I think in your first comment you said that Lurk won't work, so meh. Kazuma still has Steal and Bind.

I don't like the starting ditance since they basically start one in front of another, I like my matches more at 4Km.

Ionliosite said:
Iirc he says Lurk and it activates. He can also try to bind the Terrarian with Bind.
Does Kazuma have mythril chain as standard equipment and does it actually need to hit the opponent because the Terrarian is really good at dodging.

Edit: I actually like when fighters start near each other. Doesn't make sense for someone to attack someone else from literally over the horizon)

And if that doesn't works he can freeze his opponent and make it extremely effective with create water and freeze. And Damage Transferal is also an option if the Terarian attacks him he can transfer his damage towards him. Also, he likes to spam Steal.

Ok so if he hits with the binding he's got all the time in the world to kill the Terrarian, but the Terrarian has dodged around 80 attacks from multiple different directions before. The metal detector in the Cell phone and the danger sense potion should inform the Terrarian that a chain is flying at him so he should be able to dodge it in time. But Kazuma stealing the Terrarian's equipment is going to give him an ever increasing arsenal while the Terrarian would have less options. So this depends on if Kazuma gets shredded within the first 10-20 seconds or if he can draw out the fight long enough to get all of the Terrarian's stuff. He'll still have to deal with the summons the whole time as the Terrarian doesn't have anything that can hit them and they are intangible to people with non physical interaction.

Edit: If we are using Golem equipment the Terrarian also has damage transfer, so Kazuma also has to deal with that.

Bind may not working depending on the lifting strenght of the hydra Kazuma binded, as the Terrarian has Class 5

also Freeze wouldn't work, the Anhk Shield and the Warmth potion negate it

Yeah the Terrarian can resist being frozen solid, I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me Overlord.

Now that i think about it, the Terrarian has a weapon that would kinda circumvent Steal

that being Daybreak, this weapon in fact allows the Terraria to spam throwing spears, so even if Satou stealed one, it wouldn't matter

Wouldn't steal just steal the main weapon though? Like the spear that summons the other spears? I mean the Terrarian already has like 5-6 back up weapons (ignoring the magic storage he can summon that can hold even more of his weapons). Kazuma has got a lot of stealing to do while someone is attacking him. Along with at least one intangible summons since all builds can summon one with zero negatives.

Both weapons are just projectiles, so the only thing Kazuma would even see would be that the Terraria is throwing knifes/corruptur thing at him and wouldn't know there's a "Main Weapon" to steal.

I don't think he needs to know what he's stealing. He just steals the most valuable item or can chose to steal the item he wants to steal, so thinking he wants to steal the cause of the spears and knives would just take the main weapon.

TBH, the Terrarian wouldn't be really one to put value in their weapons, as it continuasly gets new ones and would Satou even realize that the Terrarian is using a weapon when the effect is just a curruptor thingo being fired towards him ?

also, the Vampire Knifes wouldn't be easilly stealable as they are multiple objects.

Anything projectile-based can probably just get blown away by Wind Breath or something and anything that bypasses that would probably get dodged by Auto-Dodge.

Kazuma also has healing magic so he can probably last long enough to steal enough shit from the Terrarian.

When it comes to the knives they all still come from a singular weapon, so I image Kazuma would still that rather than the projectiles it creates.

However can Kazuma actually touch the Scourge of Corruption. Corruption naturally spreads and the spear is literally covered in it so would Kazuma just have his soul wrecked as soon as he grabbed it? Hallow Powder can instantly turn a demon into a regular guy and Corruption powder is equal in its corrupting power so I'm kinda wondering if stealing the spear or any of the Terrarian's Hallow/Corruption powder screws over Kazuma or not.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Anything projectile-based can probably just get blown away by Wind Breath or something and anything that bypasses that would probably get dodged by Auto-Dodge.
The Terrarian has fought people with attack reflection and auto dodging before, granted Kazuma has better dodging but he can't even hit the summons and many of the Terrarian's attacks come from directions different than where the Terrarian is.

Yeah but Kazuma also has wind curtain, which iirc functions similarly to Wind Breath but it's a protective shield instead of a gust. Which could buy time.

Plus... the Terrarian doesn't actually resist paralysis... which is kind of a big problem as Kazuma can also use Paralyze and after that use Bind to ensure he stays down.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Anything projectile-based can probably just get blown away by Wind Breath
Considering that the Terrarian's weapons aren't affected by the winds of the Desert Sandstorm, which can physicaly move him around, i don't think Wind Breath would work

@Kee

Would like some proof he wouldn't just steal the projectile knifes

Also the Terrarian's summons can be summoned on top of the enemy and if the Terrarian's a summoner he starts with a 10 foot wide field that ignores durability; this field can also be summoned on top of the opponent.

And due Kazuma still all the Terrarian's weapons he's going to be practically forced into using the durability negating one as he'll be forced to swipe through all his weapons. Assuming Kazuma doesn't grab anything corrupted related and gets his soul attacked.

What's preventing that from being game mechanics? It'd be stupid hard to fight if your projectiles can't move at all. And it especially makes no sense if the Terrarian can't move in those winds but his projectiles can.

(Also are we giving Kazuma his Regina Cultist abilities or no. If he does that forces an inconclusive or Kazuma win. Since if Kazuma dies the Terrarian dies too

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Plus... the Terrarian doesn't actually resist paralysis... which is kind of a big problem as Kazuma can also use Paralyze and after that use Bind to ensure he stays down.
I believe Kazuma's paralysis is touch based. Though I maybe thinking of drain, the Konosuba website and this site doesn't explain his paralysis (unless I missed it).

How good is Kazuma's healing spells because he still has to deal with not being blasted to pieces as soon as the fight starts.

How does Kazuma's paralysis work and is he likely to start with it because I'm pretty sure this fight would realistically end in a couple seconds. I know he starts with steal so would he even go for paralysis instead of the weapon he just teleported into his hand?

Back