• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(0-2-1) Baldi VS Phil Eggtree: Riddle Basics

Okay, so in regards to Baldi's speed, while I wholly agree that Baldi's stop-and-go movement is in-character of Baldi, there is one game mode in Baldi's Basics Plus that has him start at his peak speed no matter what:

As such, I do see speed as a potential win-con. In regards to combat style... Yeah... The thing about Phil's combat experience is he has none. He largely avoided direct combat, preferring to play things smart rather than Leeroy Jenkins his opponents. Even the most climactic points of the series, which are all found in Riddle School 5, Riddle Transfer 1, and Riddle Transfer 2, Phil Eggtree made use of puzzles to escape rather than try to do anything about his opponents. Aside from the questionable assignment of statistics, Phil is just a 10-year-old boy.

That isn't to say Baldi is skilled, far from it. His intelligence is mainly for general purposes rather than actual combat. The most you can say about Baldi is he forces the player to the cafeteria by walling off exits through whatever reality-warping nonsense he's doing, which gives him the capability to deal with opponents on-the-fly. Normally that isn't saying much, but I think it's saying a bit considering Phil avoids direct combat while Baldi basically hounds his opponents. He isn't throwing puzzles at Phil either aside from the Notebooks; he just railroads his opponents.

Now that isn't to say Phil is completely defenseless either. That whistle must exceed 120 dB over three meters if it had everyone in the class hitting the dirt! Baldi's hearing is sensitive to the point where he can hear "bad math," which... I checked and typing is apparently 50 dB. If Baldi can hear sounds as low as about 10 dB (based on an approximate distance of 30 meters away from reference point using Inverse Square Law) as if they were 60 dB, then I'm pretty sure whatever noise the whistle makes would be painful if not deadly to Baldi. Problem is how fast Phil can whip out the whistle depends on how fast the player decides to give it to him, which really messes with the situation here.

I feel that the best answer for this thread is it's an Inconclusive match, as the things in favor of both Baldi and Phil are likely to cancel each other out.

I mean, Phil was literally running away from Area 5.1 agents at the start of Riddle Transfer 2, especially since he had nothing to defend himself with at the time. Plus, if I ever saw a man slapping his ruler menacingly on his hand as he starts chasing me, I would run away if I have nothing on me to defend myself or play a range game if the former isn't the case, and that would be what Phil would do.
I vote for Phil winning the battle. Baldi can hear everything in his school and Phil has no reason to not use his whistle to win before Baldi could get close enough to do anything, so Phil could win no matter where he is in the school. Baldi would most likely start slow, so Phil wouldn't get speed blitzed. Baldi has been shown to move super fast from a standstill via glitching space, but it's out of character for him to do that at the beginning of a conflict, and I'm not even sure if he even knows this can happen.

Back