• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(2-7-0) Mine (AGK) v.s Gintoki

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
Night Raid Member v.s Mr. Odd Jobs
  • The battle will take place in Kabuki District
  • The starting distance for this battle has them start 100 meters away from each other, but they start within each other's LoS.
  • Speed is equal
  • Gintoki's Key is EoS, and Mine's Key is EoS
  • Both are in-character, but Gintoki starts off with prior knowledge of the power of Mine's Pumpkin and its range.
  • AP & Dura - Gintoki = 30.9043284 Megatons of TNT, Mine's AP & Dura = 33.435 Megatons of TNT & Mine's AP w/Pumpkin = Far Higher
  • LS - Gintoki = Class M, Mine = At Least Class M
Gintoki: 7 (@KingTempest, @Greatsage13th, @Cimafranca133, @Veloxt1r0kore, @Ruijin, @Popted2, @Bernkastelll)

Mine: 2 (@Tatsumi504, @Eseseso)

They give up and just leave (Incon):

Guess who started reading AGK (again)... this non-binary person right here! ... Decided that since Akame has gotten a match that has reached grace, I might as well take this chance to have more AGK matches on this site. Ta-ta.

Last edited:
between why Mine? wouldn't be better Akame? Mine not only can be one shotted, but her strongest attacks will not do much to Gintoki

cuz of Akame's sword, mostly... and I don't think Gintoki can really handle her. For Mine, there is a lot of distance, and Gintoki only has his wooden sword... The only thing in his range that has kilometers of range is a gag-ability, which if I recall, Gintoki has never ever used in a serious battle, only in gag/filler arcs, so it won't be too important.

cuz of Akame's sword, mostly... and I don't think Gintoki can really handle her. For Mine, there is a lot of distance, and Gintoki only has his wooden sword... The only thing in his range that has kilometers of range is a gag-ability, which if I recall, Gintoki has never ever used in a serious battle, only in gag/filler arcs, so it won't be too important.
you can just give him prior knowledge

Idk. Akame needs to just cut him once, which would be pretty easy due to her having a bladed weapon, and Gintoki doesn't have any special resistances or abilities to deal with that.

Welp, Pop could you contact some of the Gintama supporters, if you can? As for me... Well, I should mention this tidbit; Gintoki has this weird passive ability/resistance that causes people who try to use their enhanced senses (precog and clairvoyance) on him (or near him) to see illusions instead - they weren't simple illusions either, they were full-on scenarios that made people think they hurt him but didn't do anything in reality.

In a nutshull: Gintoki has a resistance towards enhanced senses, precog, and clairvoyance that causes people to suffer from illusions if they try to use those stuff on him.

Never really explained, 'sides 'bloodlust' and 'state of mind'. Am trying to find anime clips, but am having no luck.

Found an AMV which showcases Gintoki's weird limited illusion creation power. 0:45 - 1:21, if you are wondering.

Would be very hard due to Gintoki's whole illusion stick, tho. Gintoki has also dealt with people who tried to gun him down as well. I 100% believe that he would be able to cross the distance, but from there... Gintoki would likely try to use his superior CQC skills to disarm and knock out Mine. While he doesn't have any unique moral code, He would see Mine is a young woman and would refrain from killing since most of the people he killed were extremely evil, terrorists, aliens from outerspace, and an immortal person once.

Would be very hard due to Gintoki's whole illusion stick, tho. Gintoki has also dealt with people who tried to gun him down as well. I 100% believe that he would be able to cross the distance, but from there... Gintoki would likely try to use his superior CQC skills to disarm and knock out Mine. While he doesn't have any unique moral code, He would see Mine is a young woman and would refrain from killing since most of the people he killed were extremely evil, terrorists, aliens from outerspace, and an immortal person once.
I'm gonna start off with saying I'm biased towards mine as I know nothing about gintoki except what's on his profile.

Mine is basically a sniper and knows not to allow a swordsman get into range for CQC as she's said to be a genius marksman. She'll shoot, run, hide and shoot again.

Regarding disarming her, pumpkin has different attachments which can be removed or added to change how the gun functions. It has a mode where it basically functions as an assault rifle too so CQC isn't looking too good.

Depending on how cornered or in a pinch mine is in Pumpkin's power increases greatly as well. She went from being pressured by the likes of wave and kurome to squaring off against esdeath.

Again regarding CQC, mine is actually able to spar against aka me and considering the fact that gintoki only has a wooden sword, I don't think she'll be at that much of a disadvantage.

Not related to the match but can someone add me to the list of supporters for AGK? If their gonna be in matches from now on I'd love to participate

Not related to the match but can someone add me to the list of supporters for AGK? If their gonna be in matches from now on I'd love to participate
you can do by yourself, but if you have trouble you can ask a mod, tough its not difficult so you should be able to do it by yourself

Think you just need to ask a fellow supporter to do that... Or maybe you can just add yourself without any fuss. Not sure, tho.

Onto the battle!

I, honestly, think Gintoki is superior to Mine in terms of CQC, regardless of her ability to spar with Akame. For skill fears for this key of Gintoki's...

Well, he has already defeated an old man called Housen who was dubbed the most powerful Yato in existence. Yato, fyi, are essentially spacefaring aliens that go around the universe to seek the best fighters in the universe to challenge... essentially, sayains. Gintoki also has a younger, stronger, and more talented Yato named Kamui who is comparable in strength and skill to Housin. Master Warriors, and whatnot, basically.

Furthermore, Gintoki has dealt with a master assassin with a wealth of experience and skill, and has managed to beat him in skill and deal quite a lot of fatal blows that would've killed the assassin if he wasn't an immortal bastard... There is also numerous other master Assassins and Swordsmans with a lot of experience and skill that he is superior to and/or extremely comparable to. But that would be too much to list.

Gintoki's greatest skill feat is him being able to hold his own against the bastard who took control of his master's body; Utsuro - a five-hundred-year-old immortal who spent his immortal years on learning how to hurt and kill people until he managed to become a master assassin/martial artist/swordsman and so-so.

And if Mine tries to run and hide until she finds a good sniping spot, well... Gintoki's limited illusion creation against enhanced senses kinda makes it hard. The illusion of himself that he passively makes when a person has enhanced senses doesn't just stand still. They... talk, move, and "attack". Never explained if Gintoki can consciously control what his illusions do or if they just do that by themselves - hell, the person that Gintoki was fighting in the AMV, had a "past encounter" with him... not really encounter more like... Bato attacked a "student" of his and Gintoki was vaguely aware of it happening, and Bato got passive illusion'd so bad, that he thought he fought Gintoki while he was trying to kill his student to the point that he actually thought the student was him and retreated, but neither had actually saw the other. Hell, when they first met each other, Gintoki just thought that he was a guy that he owed money to.

There is also Gintoki's Gag Abilities... but they are extremely unreliable and probably won't factor much.

Mine FRA. The illusions don't really matter. She doesn't have to snipe with her enhanced senses, she can just blow up whatever area she knows he's in.
Furthermore, Gintoki has dealt with a master assassin with a wealth of experience and skill,
This is about skill. I'm not saying mine can fully square up against him, just she won't be massively devastated.

Yes there are skills fetus in AGK but being a master assassin in AGK isn't wholly about skill, its about stealth, your ability to surely kill your target, ability to hide your bloodline. Akame herself once said she isn't exactly a swordsman I think.

Gintama profiles are massively outdated.

And I seriously doubt Mine is landing hits on Gintoki without him closing the distance, his skill feats are ridiculous as shit.

Gintama profiles are massively outdated.

And I seriously doubt Mine is landing hits on Gintoki without him closing the distance, his skill feats are ridiculous as shit.
She has AoE as well. She doesn't specifically have to snore him not to mention her gun has an assault mode too and she has the higher AP value too.

Edit: there's also no Feasible way pumpkin is getting overheated here either. It only overheated against opponents who were massively above her at the time or those that could shrug off its attacks like koro.

She can realistically get off about 5-10 blasts without it overheating

Last edited:
gin can use his magic clock to stop time and win
note: the only time Gintoki ever used said magic clock was in a filler arc and never used it offensively - he only broke the clock which stopped time as a result, and in his efforts to fix it, he kinda **** up things for everyone; made a homeless man do a full-nelson on a old man so he can be killed by a bootleg!piccolo, give a man a robot arm, and had the sister of his apprentice/cowoker/pseudo-little bro get married to a sound effect.

... And yes, this is canon. And the clock isn't part of Gintoki's standard equipment.

note: the only time Gintoki ever used said magic clock was in a filler arc and never used it offensively - he only broke the clock which stopped time as a result, and in his efforts to fix it, he kinda **** up things for everyone; made a homeless man do a full-nelson on a old man so he can be killed by a bootleg!piccolo, give a man a robot arm, and had the sister of his apprentice/cowoker/pseudo-little bro get married to a sound effect.

... And yes, this is canon. And the clock isn't part of Gintoki's standard equipment.
dude i'm just make a joke...

anyway,i don't remember gin fight with someone can use gun from far away,if mine go very far,gin will have disadvantage,but the distance is only 100m,i'm sure gin can come close to mine and gin also have some experience with a bunch of group that use some energy gun too

anyway,i don't remember gin fight with someone can use gun from far away,if mine go very far,gin will have disadvantage,but the distance is only 100m,i'm sure gin can come close to mine and gin also have some experience with a bunch of group that use some energy gun too
Is this a vote for Gintoki or just your two cents?

Back