• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zygarde speed upgrade.

When Whis flies, he's enveloped with light just like Zygarde Cells. Also, it's not like they lose consciousness when they're like that. They still have to consciously travel.

@Dragon They transformed, if they were simply enveloped in light, then they wouldn't lose the amount of pixels they take up on screen, heck, it would increase

@Dragonmasterxyz that's not true, you can clearly see them change into pulsating balls which are smaller in size than the actual cells.

SomebodyData said:
@Dragon They transformed, if they were simply enveloped in light, then they wouldn't lose the amount of pixels they take up on screen, heck, it would increase
So based on this Rotom should be check as well. He does the same thing when he moves.

FTW395 said:
@Dragonmasterxyz that's not true, you can clearly see them change into pulsating balls which are smaller in size than the actual cells.
Even if that's the case, how are they able to dodge trees and structures? We clearly see them making turns to dodge abjects.

You mean like how the ki in the Final Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu managed to dodge celestial objects in the process of getting to Goku on Supreme Kai's planet?

Just pointing out again that this form and level of flight only occurred when they were merging. Unless you can show them do the same to avoid enemies or people? Basically the exact opposite of what is shown in game, where they can't even move much much less fly at that speed.

I still don't understand how they're alike, even with an explanation. This is basically firing a bullet (Goku and ki) vs being a living bullet (Zygarde cells).

@SD. Them not moving is not the same as not being able to move. Same logic implies that certain Pokémon don't leave a patch of grass throughout their entire life. Also, the cells by themselves are non combatants. They don't try to avoid. Should we set Bulma to human level dura because she's a noncombatant, even though she has feats there?

SomebodyData said:
You mean like how the ki in the Final Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu managed to dodge celestial objects in the process of getting to Goku on Supreme Kai's planet?

Just pointing out again that this form and level of flight only occurred when they were merging. Unless you can show them do the same to avoid enemies or people? Basically the exact opposite of what is shown in game, where they can't even move much much less fly at that speed.
You can't even find them in game without the Zygarde Cube. Meaning you being able to catch them likely has something to do with the Zygarde Cube. Heck they only move when a core tells them to move. Also lets say we all agree this is wrong then looks like we have to downgrade Zygarde to Unknown once again. As well as Xerneas and Yveltal.

The fact that they're living literally has no importance. Funny thing about the bullet comparison is that a bullet still gets scaled to its respective speed, living or not.

Pokemon actually do move from patch to patch. And those that don't are restricted to game mechanics, where as assuming that the cells not moving is also game mechanics, it would mean that in canon a kid can catch Sub-Rel+ pokemon without highly trained pokemon. Of course you can argue that its PIS. To which I would normally agree... had it not been for the fact that the trainer does it literally a hundred times.

Remember that most important trainers have reactions in the MHS range, with Red even higher than this feat (potentially)

SomebodyData said:
The fact that they're living literally has no importance. Funny thing about the bullet comparison is that a bullet still gets scaled to its respective speed, living or not.
Pokemon actually do move from patch to patch. And those that don't are restricted to game mechanics, where as assuming that the cells not moving is also game mechanics, it would mean that in canon a kid can catch Sub-Rel+ pokemon without highly trained pokemon. Of course you can argue that its PIS. To which I would normally agree... had it not been for the fact that the trainer does it literally a hundred times.
You realize the cells aren't allowed to move unless a core tells them to right?

This is probably the only valuable Zygarde speed feat and comes from the Anime (In the game it has no speed feats and in the manga it has no valuable feats aparts from 50% Zygarde fighting Mewtwo). There are only three things to choose. The first is to calc the Zygarde Anime speed feat and the low-normal ends scales to the Cells and higher forms, which can also scale to Mewtwo and etc, while the very high end scales to the 100% Form. The second is to not consider this feat because of cinematic time, teleportation, attraction to the cores and etc. and put the affected speeds to Unknown. The third is to scale it from Mewtwo (50%) to Mega Rayquaza (100%), but this is just a critical choice.

@Cal by the time you can get them, the trainer is no where near the speed of the most important trainers I believe.

@Dragon in which case you get 5 cores, not 100, but still quite the amount. Also, did you already explain the fact that they transform into a ball of energy or did we just leave that in the dust?

@Dark

Assuming that they the farthest the cells were from the end point was the other side of the planet, it should be:

20037137.45 (Half of Earth'Circumferencece) / 3 seconds (This is how much I counted for the farthest of the Cells, could be wrong tho) = 6679045.81667 meters per second.

6679045.81667 / 343 (Speed of Sound) = Mach 19472.4367833

19472.4367833 / 8810.2 (1% speed of light) = 2.210215067% of Light (Sub-Rel)

Although supposedly the cells are only in Alola? Or am I missing something? If not, then I'm not sure how I feel about making a calc on an inconsistency...

Yeah at 50% without the other cells, ie, something happened with Zygarde, just don't know what. Although continuing this point would most likely be speculation so I'll drop with now

Yeah we don't know why Zygarde is in Alola. I think they found out that a Zygarde was supposed to be found in Resolution Cave. But I guess they couldn't fit him and added the cores instead. And put a cell in the middle of Resolution Cave instead. This is likely since Resolution Cave's basement looks just like Terminus Cave's basement and looks like a legendary Pokemon should've been there...

So either there are more than two 50% Zygarde or What I said above is true.

"Yeah we don't know why Zygarde is in Alola. I think they found out that a Zygarde was supposed to be found in Resolution Cave. But I guess they couldn't fit him and added the cores instead. And put a cell in the middle of Resolution Cave instead. This is likely since Resolution Cave's basement looks just like Terminus Cave's basement and looks like a legendary Pokemon should've been there..." :)

Well the current part of the debate was over solving a concern i had about my calc, so while the math is right (I think) we still haven't come to a conclusion about the feat and if the cells becoming energy balls would count for normal speed.

SomebodyData said:
@Cal by the time you can get them, the trainer is no where near the speed of the most important trainers I believe.
@Dragon in which case you get 5 cores, not 100, but still quite the amount. Also, did you already explain the fact that they transform into a ball of energy or did we just leave that in the dust?

@Dark

Assuming that they the farthest the cells were from the end point was the other side of the planet, it should be:

20037137.45 (Half of Earth'Circumferencece) / 3 seconds (This is how much I counted for the farthest of the Cells, could be wrong tho) = 6679045.81667 meters per second.

6679045.81667 / 343 (Speed of Sound) = Mach 19472.4367833

19472.4367833 / 8810.2 (1% speed of light) = 2.210215067% of Light (Sub-Rel)

Although supposedly the cells are only in Alola? Or am I missing something? If not, then I'm not sure how I feel about making a calc on an inconsistency...
See?

Back