• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He doesn't and that's why it's not indexed as "Kenbunshoku Haki" like his Busoshoku usage.
Pretty sure it's Observation otherwise it would have been mentioned again. Using Observation with your eyes closed isn't a foreign concept, Fujitora does this all the time.

Pretty sure it's Observation otherwise it would have been mentioned again. Using Observation with your eyes closed isn't a foreign concept, Fujitora does this all the time.
It's how swordsman cut steel, which is mentioned again. Has nothing to do with Kenbunshoku.

The amount of wank here is ridiculous.

Ruby is not blitzing Zoro whenever he has2 forms of Analytical Prediction that works on FTE opponents, and 2 licks of information Analysis. And Ruby isn't as skilled as Zoro, his copying is a lot different and frankly more impressive than Velvet's given that she gains her's from a supernatural ability, whereas Zoro's stems from his own intelligence and doesn't require a medium to achieve this.

I've gone over the Velvet stuff, she isn't Taskmaster. Tasky has much more impressive and detailed feats than Velvet and unlike hers Tasky, much like Zoro can accomplish the same thing just by using his intelligence.

Not according to his profile he isnt, and that would be a self-contradictory statement as it implies that he is faster than himself.
Yeah no, this is flat-out wrong. It doesn't need to be in his profile, it's a skill feat which is already noted in his profile. He doesn't need to be faster than himself to react to opponents whenever he stays ahead of their movements with 2 forms of passive analytical prediction.

I think Shishi Sonson qualifies as one but I might be misremembering.
It says he is "far higher with Iai attacks" but has he ever moved so fast that someone who is equal in speed couldn't put up their arms in time (only putting up their arms after they passed them and then them getting suckered up into a vortex of speed)

Does zoro has a speed boost that can speed blitz people on par with him?
ShiShi-Sonson but the speed boosts from both should be irrelevant since Ruby can avoid Zoro's with her own speed boost and Zoro can react to her blitz attemps via Analytical Prediction.

Skill probably isn't that big of a factor here anyway tbh, hate whenever the ******* thread turns into 6 pages of arguing just skill as opposed to the other categories.

It says he is "far higher with Iai attacks" but has he ever moved so fast that someone who is equal in speed couldn't put up their arms in time (only putting up their arms after they passed them and then them getting suckered up into a vortex of speed)
A Zoro on the verge of death speed blitzed Mr. 1 who matched Zoro in speed when he was healthy.

He blitzed Hody Jones under water where he was slower and Hody was faster, when on land Hody was able to react and block Zoro's regular techniques.

I meant regarding Ruby's ability to analyze weapons, it's not really comparable to analysing supernatural abilities. That'd be the false equivalency - unless you didn't mean to limit Ruby's Analytical Ability to only weapons - then disregard this point.
Yeah i was just referring to her weapon analysis and combat style analysis, though she has had her moments of being able to analyze supernatural abilities such as when she fought Cinder and recognized that even though she was freely manipulating glass in their fight, her semblance was actually heat used in conjunction with Dust woven into her clothes.
It's vaguely similar to how Haki works on One Piece, actually. Although the Soul aspect is not prominent at all, Haki is too one's spirit and physical manifestations. At this point Zoro has only inept observation, which would help him avoid any surprise attacks.
His level of Observation Haki might not even be of much use against this key of Ruby, she scales to people like Neopolitan, who in turn was able to catch Maria, who has passive instinctive reactions that allow her to react to things outside her field of vision due to her blindness, off guard, as well as being comparable in skill to Yang and Blake who can keep up with Adam, who is able to fight blindfolded using only his aura senses to detect his surroundings, as well as people who can keep up with Fox who can do the same as Adam.
What is the durability of said barrier again? If you could give me the answer in numbers, I'd appreciate it.
Thats a uh...tricky one lol

Specifically because due to the in-verse mechanics of Aura, it doesnt exactly have a set durability, it has a damage cap, a set amount of damage it can withstand before breaking. It can take dozens of hits from opponents on par with Ruby physically before breaking, hundreds of hits from fodder, or a few hits from opponents well above her paygrade (as in it can protect people who are High 8-C from a few attacks from a Low 7-B before it goes down).
Can she attack while in that state? It's too bad it's not current Zoro, who fought King, who has a power similar to this in some ways.
Yes and no, when she's in that state she is pretty much only able to tackle or create tornadoes as her means of attack (albeit this is still rather effective and has allowed her to win multiple fights before), but she is able to turn it on and off near instantly as a means of close-range hit and run tactics, using it to constantly stay in an opponent's blind spot or keep them off balance while pumping bullets into them at point blank range or slashing them with her scythe
Oh wow, didn't realize you talked about it yourself. Lol.
Eh, sorta, i have a baseline knowledge of One Piece from previous threads lol
Zoro does have Kenbunshoku Haki at the inept level after Alabasta. But it's apparently it's indexed as: "Greater Information Analysis (Capable of sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him. By doing so he can determine the speed, power and angle of where he should cut at allowing him to cut objects he otherwise couldn't with strength alone)"
Hmm...aside from cutting her bullets being a really bad idea for Zoro to do, i do wonder how that would interact with Ruby's sniping capabilities. Does he just predict straight trajectories or is it just any path that something is moving in? Because Ruby is skilled enough of a marksman to the point of being able to curve the trajectory of her bullets.

Yeah, he did that to people like Daz Bones as his final move.

His level of Observation Haki might not even be of much use against this key of Ruby, she scales to people like Neopolitan, who in turn was able to catch Maria, who has passive instinctive reactions that allow her to react to things outside her field of vision due to her blindness
First of all, even the lowest level of Kenbunshoku would make Maria's Analytical Prediction look like shit in comparison, Kenbunshoku is layered and comes packed with much more sensory and Prediction capabilities than Maria's.

That's cool, Zoro has been yeeting people with Instinctive Reactions since East Blue, fighting them without getting tagged once.
Because Ruby is skilled enough of a marksman to the point of being able to curve the trajectory of her bullets.
T-Bone's attack and Kaku's attacks were changing trajectory and Zoro still predicted it, curving her bullets wouldn't mean much given his experience. Also Zoro can opt to swat her bullets away from his direction.

First of all, even the lowest level of Kenbunshoku would make Maria's Analytical Prediction look like shit in comparison, Kenbunshoku is layered and comes packed with much more sensory and Prediction capabilities than Maria's.
Even in this key? Remember this is Skypiea Zoro
T-Bone's attack and Kaku's attacks were changing trajectory and Zoro still predicted it, curving her bullets wouldn't mean much given his experience. Also Zoro can opt to swat her bullets away from his direction.
Thats still a bad idea as her bullets explode on contact

I know for a fact before the time skip didn't the main cast suck at hakai?
It's not that they sucked, they mostly just didn't unlock it or use it. Luffy used conq like twice pre ts, and observation once or twice too. And Zoro used Observation pre ts as well, and Asura might be due to some type of Haki as well.

It's not that they sucked, they mostly just didn't unlock it or use it. Luffy used conq like twice pre ts, and observation once or twice too. And Zoro used Observation pre ts as well, and Asura might be due to some type of Haki as well.
Does he even have Asura in this key?

No worries lol.

While Zoro could possibly use Haki in this fight (especially if he's pushed), like I said it would be accidental so I'm not sure Haki would be a big win con.

Was re-watching vol 5 and ren (the piccolo of the group who always is used to explain stuff) said it would take training to use your aura subconsciously and basically heavily implies they all subconsciously have their auras on while Oscar at the time had to consciously had to active it

The rwby guide book also supports this

No worries lol.

While Zoro could possibly use Haki in this fight (especially if he's pushed), like I said it would be accidental so I'm not sure Haki would be a big win con.
There's a few hints that he could probably do that in a tight situation:
Rayleigh said Haki can bloom in the heat of battle ( or in a very emotional situation, as shown in Marineford ) and Zoro already had Observation pre ts
Luffy was able to awaken conqueror's ( and possibly Observation depending on how you interpret that scene where he nearly got his hands cut off by Mihawk ) during Marineford, so Zoro could very likely do the same but with something like Armament Haki ( he did it with Observation, so doing it with Armament isn't impossible either )
alright time to go to sleep farewell everybody

Back