• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 1 Match 3. The Player vs Hunter Type-012

Mm, fair enough, guess I'll give the Player the win here (although, I'm not entirely convinced the way they are scaled).
I don't blame you. I was too lazy to actually make any calcs for the verse when people were talking about the RotD profiles. I'm just eyeballing the stats. I will say that the RPG level shtick for weapons in that game is a really weird thing to scale around. The bosses shown don't actually scale with the player's strength as they get stronger weapons over time (Unless you factor in the "hard mode" option that players can choose when they fight a boss, which buffs them to absurd levels).

The player can be barely harmed by shotgun blasts from a bandit in a low-level area, but then there's enemies like normal bandits using pistols that can almost kill the player since they're at a higher level location.

I could probably make a CRT about the verse at some point. It's a game I played at one point that could do with some more fleshing out on my behalf. I do think that the scaling weapons at least imply some level of upscale, since you can upgrade something like a pistol to be able to instantly ordinary zombies. More importantly, though, is the existence of in-game cutscenes where some of the events take place.

There's also throwable weapons that also act as explosions but deal percentage-based damage (scaling to the enemy's health). This could mean that weapons like the grenade launcher can be weaker than these weapons until the player sufficiently upgrades them, but you can't say for certain without any lore involved.

All in all: huge mess of game mechanics, but there's definite feats you can't look over. The stronger bosses being able to easily survive explosions is something that's consistent, same with the player being able to survive getting flung around.

All in all: huge mess of game mechanics, but there's definite feats you can't look over. The stronger bosses being able to easily survive explosions is something that's consistent, same with the player being able to survive getting flung around.
Ohhh, that video (at “flung”) reminded me of another feat I hadn’t gotten around to mention yet. The creature doing the flinging in that video is called an infector iirc and in one of the previous missions during a cutscene, he punched a hole in a basement wall large enough to walk through at 4:50. So yeah a CRT might be in order.

Last edited:
Ohhh, that video (at “flung”) reminded me of another feat I hadn’t gotten around to mention yet. The creature doing the flinging in that video is called an infector iirc and in one of the previous missions during a cutscene, he punched a hole in a basement wall large enough to walk through at 4:50. So yeah a CRT might be in order.
Here's the specific timeframe, for the other posters. Thanks for getting a video of that hole punching feat. I remember seeing that ingame but I didn't get any footage.

I could absolutely calc that hole punching feat at some point. Should definitely be wall level, which would support the cast being at that tier. If there isn't anything saying otherwise about the Infector's physical strength at the time of the fight against him (I haven't gotten to that point yet, I've been fed up with school work), it would mean the player can survive punches against the dude who can rip holes through walls.

Looking back at the scene: I will say that I had little chuckle at the old man getting his hand ripped off after he tore off the Infector's right hand. It's a tiny detail, but I found it a little clever.

Last edited:
Looking back at the scene: I will say that I had little chuckle at the old man getting his hand ripped off after he tore off the Infector's right hand. It's a tiny detail, but I found it a little clever.
I agree. Like the Infector was taking the “eye for eye” expression literally.

Back