• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 2 Match 2. The Player vs Base Ghoul (0-3-0)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Robloxian : 0
Fantasy Zombies : 3
Incon : 0

Anything above 9-B is restricted
Base Ghoul used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in SBA, 10 meters apart

I honestly can't think of a good lead up to this match

Last edited:
So the resistance to paralysis inducement doesn’t seem actually useful against the Ghoul’s so I don’t see how on the first hit Ghoul doesn’t paralyse and **** the Player’s nerves which then lets it smack the Player until it dies

I don’t fully understand how high in 9-B the player but it seems lower then the Ghoul?

So the resistance to paralysis inducement doesn’t seem actually useful against the Ghoul’s so I don’t see how on the first hit Ghoul doesn’t paralyse and **** the Player’s nerves which then lets it smack the Player until it dies
This is a good point. The player’s resistance doesn’t stop paralysis from being reapplied constantly.

On the other hand the Player can also slow down and gradually freeze the ghoul solid with a frostbite modded weapon.

On the other hand the Player can also slow down and gradually freeze the ghoul solid with a frostbite modded weapon.
D&D resistances say nope to the that
I can’t imagine this weapon have much scaling in terms of their freezing so

I'm using base ghoul and doesn't the player have ranged weapons? Those aren't above 9-B if I recall

I guess the player could shapeshift into something and catch the ghoul off guard, but other than that i don't see how they might defeat it.

I guess the player could shapeshift into something and catch the ghoul off guard, but other than that i don't see how they might defeat it.
The Player has a few elemental mods they can use to their advantage (except for poison which the ghoul does resist, even then though it doesn’t do much except ignore durability buffs). The incendiary and electricity mods are just extra damage, while the frostbite mod can be used to gradually freeze the opponent (or should be able to)

Also the Player will constantly try to avoid close combat so they can repeatedly shoot at their opponent(s) to their heart’s content.

Last edited:
Perhaps the most elegant way to go about this is to have three abilities tabbers.

Adventure Mode - Everything except block related
Survival Mode - All previous plus block related
Creative Mode - All previous plus creative abilities
Uhh…isn’t that more of a Minecraft thing?

The Player has a few elemental mods they can use to their advantage (except for poison which the ghoul does resist, even then though it doesn’t do much except ignore durability buffs). The incendiary and electricity mods are just extra damage, while the frostbite mod can be used to gradually freeze the opponent (or should be able to)

Also the Player will constantly try to avoid close combat so they can repeatedly shoot at their opponent(s) to their heart’s content.
Oh yah, eh D&D resistances probably cover the frostbite thing as mentioned above and unless the extra damage is basically x2 it’ll just be a ranged attack to try and stall it out but like again Ghoul just needs to get one good hit in and speed is equal so I think it’ll be able to reach The Player

Oh yah, eh D&D resistances probably cover the frostbite thing as mentioned above and unless the extra damage is basically x2 it’ll just be a ranged attack to try and stall it out but like again Ghoul just needs to get one good hit in and speed is equal so I think it’ll be able to reach The Player
I still ain’t quite understanding your point with that resistance thing. Could you link the info you’re going off of for that or something please?

As for your other argument about the extra damage, the electricity mod doesn’t go quite that high it seems. An incendiary modded weapon, however, literally sets fire to the target and burns them over time, which can add up a lot the more the target gets hit by it.

As far as being able to reach the player due to speed being equal, that really actually goes both ways here. What I’m saying is that Ghoul’s wincon requires it to be in melee range, whereas the Player constantly tries to stay within about seven meters or more, which means they’ll be actively running away (and might I add, while shooting). I’m not saying it’s impossible for the ghoul to reach the player, just trying to explain that it will be difficult trying to reach them when they’re social distancing and near-constantly pelting the ghoul with bullets from 15 or more different firearms with several clips for each and whatever crazy modifications they decide to use.

Last edited:
I still ain’t quite understanding your point with that resistance thing. Could you link the info you’re going off of for that or something please?
Not fully done but here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Mr._Bambu/dndresistances

As for your other argument about the extra damage, the electricity mod doesn’t go quite that high it seems. An incendiary modded weapon, however, literally sets fire to the target and burns them over time, which can add up a lot the more the target gets hit by it.
Ghoul had type 2 immortality since it could probably endure that for a while
As far as being able to reach the player due to speed being equal, that really actually goes both ways here. What I’m saying is that Ghoul’s wincon requires it to be in melee range, whereas the Player constantly tries to stay within about seven meters or more, which means they’ll be actively running away (and might I add, while shooting). I’m not saying it’s impossible for the ghoul to reach the player, just trying to explain that it will be difficult trying to reach them when they’re social distancing and near-constantly pelting the ghoul with bullets from 15 or more different firearms with several clips for each and whatever crazy modifications they decide to use.
They start 10 meters apart and the Ghoul would just rush in first thing while the player needs to choose his weapon so the Ghoul probably reduces the distance between them by a few meters from there
Also what prevents the ghoul from dodging?

Not fully done but here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Mr._Bambu/dndresistances

Ghoul had type 2 immortality since it could probably endure that for a while

They start 10 meters apart and the Ghoul would just rush in first thing while the player needs to choose his weapon so the Ghoul probably reduces the distance between them by a few meters from there
Also what prevents the ghoul from dodging?
1. Okay I still don’t quite get it. Is that a list of things everyone in DND can resist with saving throws? Honestly if Ghoul can resist ice in its base key then shouldn’t that be listed in that key?

2. Enemies with Type 2 immortality pretty much take up the Player’s entire verse so that’s not new to them.

3. If the ghoul starts by rushing in as you say, then that and being only that far away makes dodging pretty much near impossible. Ghoul would have to aim dodge, but I don’t think their rotted brain would allow them to think about aim dodging.

1. Okay I still don’t quite get it. Is that a list of things everyone in DND can resist with saving throws? Honestly if Ghoul can resist ice in its base key then shouldn’t that be listed in that key?
Something something incomplete blog but basically yes
3. If the ghoul starts by rushing in as you say, then that and being only that far away makes dodging pretty much near impossible. Ghoul would have to aim dodge, but I don’t think their rotted brain would allow them to think about aim dodging.
Aim dodging is not that hard and Ghouls are not so stupid to not realise that if person point a thing and it shoots harmful stuff that it should dodge it

Something something incomplete blog but basically yes

Aim dodging is not that hard and Ghouls are not so stupid to not realise that if person point a thing and it shoots harmful stuff that it should dodge it
Alright, fair enough. I think in worst case scenario then Ghoul will simply have to wear the player out, or exhaust their (ridiculous) pool of ammo.

As a side note though I would like to mention that the Player can’t really take their own attacks. They can destroy themselves in like, 1-3 shots or something. Idk if that changes anything but I thought it would be interesting to know.

I’ll agree that the ghoul ain’t entirely brainless though, and it could use its cunning to its advantage.

Last edited:
This battle is kinda confusing to me, I don't know how great the range x one shot paralises would make of this combat, but I need to say that I don't understand how much the ghoul can tire the player toget close enough, and resistences trough save trows aren't as good as It was putted here, If the ghoul get a low number on his dice he will istill be very inflicted by things like frost bite,Trough I'm not voting yet, the elemental mods of the player would still be great in this battle thanks to the luck based nature of save trow resistences

This battle is kinda confusing to me, I don't know how great the range x one shot paralises would make of this combat, but I need to say that I don't understand how much the ghoul can tire the player toget close enough, and resistences trough save trows aren't as good as It was putted here, If the ghoul get a low number on his dice he will istill be very inflicted by things like frost bite,Trough I'm not voting yet, the elemental mods of the player would still be great in this battle thanks to the luck based nature of save trow resistences
This is kinda what I was thinking too, cause if the ghoul tries to outstamina the player, the battle could take three days at least. I’m not all that knowledgeable about dnd so I wasn’t confident about getting away with the save throw argument. Since it’s out there now the iffy resistance might keep the ghoul from getting frozen solid, but it would have to be much luckier to keep from getting slowed down.

This is kinda what I was thinking too, cause if the ghoul tries to outstamina the player, the battle could take three days at least. I’m not all that knowledgeable about dnd so I wasn’t confident about getting away with the save throw argument. Since it’s out there now the iffy resistance might keep the ghoul from getting frozen solid, but it would have to be much luckier to keep from getting slowed down.
Not to mention tht the ghoul might hit a critical falior, so the freeze efect will be even strongher

We don’t use luck for saving throws
Just taking an average of 10 then using the relevant stat score

So…what exactly does the ghoul usually have to put up with as far as opponents go in DND? Just curious and throwing it out there in an attempt to get this going again.

Back