• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1: No prep. Regular Zeus & Odin without the Odinforce

Round 2: Zeus with powers of Pluto And Poseidon vs Odin with powers of Vili and Ve

Who wins & why?
1557303-zeus dc
628943-odin madv

Odin without the Odinforce is like Thor without Thor's powers. We don't even have feats of Odin without the OF, to my knowledge.

We do. Odin + Vili + Ve were being defeated by Surtur but not being immediately stomped. Then Vili and Ve's spirits fused with Odin's and he gained the Odinforce and he defeated Surtur.

No Odinforce Odin is weaker, but not astronomically so.

How much weaker though? And how does OF Odin go against Surtr? Didn't he constantly die against Surtr and Surtr against him continuously some time before? When Odin was dead and keeping Surtr from coming back to life or something?

Well, if you are going to use the Old Origin of the Odinforce, Odin went from losing to Surtr to beating him and sealing him away.

However this origin of the Odinforce makes little sense considering that nowadays there's plenty of other characters on Odinforce Odin level who don't have such an explanation, like Buri, Bor, Cul and Zeus. Neither of them have an explanation of why they're so powerful like "Odinforce", but they're on his level.

Cul gets his juice from fear and panic, I recall.

Bor and Buri, idk. Zeus, idk.

Yeah. I'd think it'd be best if we don't use non-OF Odin, if only because it gets confusing with the retcon and retgone that tends to happen in such a long period of time.

I can accept Zeus being on par with Odin despite Odin having OF though. Mythologically speaking, Zeus and the greek mythology in general is stronger than the norse (orphic versions or something).

I think that the Odinforce used to be called Borforce and before that Buriforce. It's jus the main power that the Asgardian Skyfather uses.

The others don't seem to have explanation of their powers, though.

Zeus would wipe the board with Odin. The DC pantheons are exponentially more powerful than the Marvel ones. Not to mention that the Greek deities are actual immortals, whereas the Norse gods are just very long lived and depend on some little golden apples to remain their fabulous selves. One bad year and it's bye bye Norse pantheon.

Also, the DC gods as we know them are simply physical avatars, and they are beasts when it comes to power. Their true, non-physical forms are several orders of magnitude more powerful than their corporeal avatars, so imagine what the TRUE DC Zeus would do to little Odin Borson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back