• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeus additions

Well, once I finished some stuff I was planning on reading more into Greek Mythology, or Mythology as a whole, really, considering the overall state of the profiles as they are right now

So... I am not the best person to ask for input, at this Time.

Hmm, maybe just leave this thread in standby until Matthew, Ultima, or some other qualified person can give their opinion on the subject? I can use this time to search for extra quotes and find more feats and abilities Zeus has that I missed.

Also I think Zeus should have Power Negation since he could kill Phaethon (A minor deity and son of Helios), Hades also scales since in some versions he kills Asclepius when he was a God (Though mostly it's when he's human and then he becomes a God)

Also does anyone know if there's any documents regarding Herakles as a God? (I know he's comparable to the others but I don't know what powers or feats he gains here)

Can somebody summarise the suggested changes here?

So Greek Zeus may have:

Possibly Universe level attack potency

law, fire, water, light, darkness, and earth manipulation, Omnipresence, Omniscience or Nigh-Omniscience, Mid-Godly Regenerationn, Telekinesis, Cosmic Awareness, Non-corporeal (In his true form), Power Negation

Orphic Zeus may have:

Creation and Life Manipulation

Absorbtion

Okay. I am not qualified to clear those changes though. We need some knowledgeable staff members to do so.

Found another quote

Zeus resurrected and granted immortality to Eos' son, Memno

"Then Memnon, the son of Eos, wearing armour made by Hephaistos, comes to help the Trojans, and Thetis tells her son about Memnon. A battle takes place in which Antilokhos is slain by Memnon and Memnon by Akhilleus. Eos then obtains of Zeus and bestows upon her son immortality."

- Arctinus of Miletus, The Aethiopis Frag 1 (from Proclus, Chrestomathia 2)

If Zeus got mid-godly regen, then other gods should have the same Regenerationn since they share the same nature as @ZacharyGrossman273 commented: Regenerationn (Mid Godly, Not even gods can kill other gods and this includes gods of death who can affect souls)

While I'm here might I point out that the Gods should have Posion Manip for their Ichor? Ichor being the mystical blood of the Gods which if memory serves can actually kill Demigods.

@Matthew & Ultima

Thank you for the replies.

Nedge1000 said:
If Zeus got mid-godly regen, then other gods should have the same Regenerationn since they share the same nature as @ZacharyGrossman273 commented: Regenerationn (Mid Godly, Not even gods can kill other gods and this includes gods of death who can affect souls)
I could probably change this for the other greek god profiles

Hellbeast1 said:
While I'm here might I point out that the Gods should have Posion Manip for their Ichor? Ichor being the mystical blood of the Gods which if memory serves can actually kill Demigods.
Could I get a quote or source on that?

Maybe, but you have to understand that in Greek cosmology, they thought the earth was surronded by an infinite ocean and above that was an infinite "Heaven of heavens"
Greek cosmology
. These were part of the universe.
You do realize this screenshot is not Greek Cosmology but a screenshot from a Biblical cosmology analysis group, right?

The greek version would be somewhat different.

A mistake on my part. I think I found a more accurate version of Ancient Greek cosmology before the Hellenistic period.

As you can see, the Greek and Biblical universe model are pretty similar.

5ca2de4a88c466292d8333fabb7602a2
They believed in a disc earth with a sky dome (Which was thought to be Uranus) with the stars dotting it. They also thought a "Boundless sea" surronded the earth (Which is Oceanus) and the pillars of heaven which were held up by Atlas.

Well, since Matthew and Ultima have agreed, I think that this should probably be fine to apply.

Which mythology profiles scale from this, and which of them are locked?

All up it's just Zeus (Locked), Typhon (Unlocked), Hades (Unlocked) and maybe Gaia and Kronos (Both unlocked)

Okay. I will unlock Zeus then. Tell me here when you are done.

I personally don't feel too comfortable with undertaking the edits myself so I'd recommend leaving it to someone more qualified.

Yes, I intended that Votron5 could handle it.

Okay. You can mention here when you are done with them.

Back