• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeus additions

Okay. I will unlock the page.

It seems I have made a mistake. The quotes where Zeus fights Gaia and Typhon at the same time and where Zeus floods the earth is from the Dionysiaca, which I just found out is ORPHIC in mythology.

Okay. What needs to be adjusted then?

Very minor change. Water Manipulation should go to Orphic Zeus. Should take about a minute to change.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Is there something left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Zeus's MFTL+ speed relies on Typhon's height being at least 73 million miles via reaching to the stars, however that estimate of the universe was made several hundred years after the myths were written, and it assumes a Round Earth universe, which contradicts what was decided in this thread.

Typhon was also defeated by being buried under a mountain so yeah.

So, can you provide a calculation of his speed based on the then-current perceptions of the universe?

The mountain is probably just a case of myths being extremely inconsistent though.

Found something you could calc Typhon's height. In Theogony, Hesiod said a brazen, or brass, anvil would take 10 days to fall to the earth from the firmament or Uranus.

"[Tartaros lies] as far beneath the earth (gaia) as heaven (ouranos) is above earth; for so far is it from earth to Tartaros. For a brazen anvil falling down from heaven (ouranos) nine nights and days would reach the earth (gaia) upon the tenth: and again, a brazen anvil falling from earth nine nights and days would reach Tartaros (Tartarus) upon the tenth.

- Hesiod, Theogony 730 ff :

Typhon's head touches the stars which is part of the firmament, or Uranus.

and Theogony was written in the 700s B.C.E. which was before a round earth was introduced into Greek cosmology.

So what would this do to the character statistics?

Kepekley23 said:
A similar calc for Percy Jackson wielded 70,000km for Tartarus's height
perhaps it would be that, but an anvil made of brass could be lower or higher in weight than Percy and would have a different amount of drag due to a different shape.

You can ask here to get it evaluated: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2152348

Votron5 said:
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Shouldn't orphic zeus have Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2) and Abstract Existence?
Maybe, Zeus did become one with the universe and all it's concepts. If Antvasima could unlock it again, it could be easily added. I could also add a cool quote in the profile as well.

Sorry for the Necro but how does becoming one with the universe and all it's concepts = Type 2 Concept Hax?? If anything, thats Type 3 at the most

Back