• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zero (Mega Man) Ability + Misc. Revisions

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, everyone. Migue79 here to give you all yet another Mega Man CRT after a loooooong time. This time, it's gonna be quite game breaking as I will be revising Zero's abilities section, as well as other stats. In the link here, this is how I propose we should revise Zero's abilities. There, of course, are abilities here that are new. So, I shall be showing you all what exactly these new abilities are in these spoilers:

Abilities
Limited Absorption (He can absorb sunlight to power himself)
Surface Scaling (Can climb up walls with his wall jumps)
Body Control (X-Era only: Can turn both of his arms into Z-Busters)
Enhanced Senses (Like X, he should be able to see beyond the spectrum of humans)
Acrobatics (Can do backflips, frontflips, dash, etc.)
Vibration Manipulation (Can create shockwaves by punching the ground)
Inorganic Physiology (Type 2: He's a robot lol)
Limited Information Analysis (His Power Mimicry works by analyzing the DNA data of Mavericks and incorporating it into his fighting style)
Limited Empowerment (X-Era only: Can grow stronger the more strands of the Sigma/Zero Virus he absorbs)
Madness Manipulation (Type 2: Due to being a vector of the Sigma Virus, Gate went insane just from analyzing Zero's DNA data)
Corruption (Type 2: For the same reasons above)
Transformation (Has forms that he can transform into: Black Zero, Awakened Zero and Absolute Zero)
Genius Intelligence (Could create a new buster upgrade using X's old X-Buster)
Accelerated Development (To replace with the now gone Reactive Power level just with the same justifications)
Resistance
Limited Petrification (Zero can break out Popla Cocapetri's petrifying shots)
Cosmic Rays, EMPs and Noise (Zero can walk around on the Moon and in Mino Magnus' stage)
Corrosion Inducement (Can walk in Rainy Turtloid's stage without melting/corroding and should be superior to Rock who could take hits from Acid Man's Acid Barrier)
Hacking (Should logically be superior to Bass who replicates Rock's capabilities)
Extreme Heat (Should be superior to Bass who could take hits from Heat Man's 12000 degrees Atomic Fire. Zero can also walk in Sol Titanion's Artificial Sun for awhile and could tank being caught up in missile explosion)
Electricity Manipulation (Should be superior to Bass who could take hits from Elec Man's Thunder Beam. Zero could also take hits from Panter Flauclaws' 100 Million Volt attacks)
Technology Manipulation (Should be superior to Bass who could take hits from Shadow Man's Shadow Blade)
Power Nullification (Zero's powers could not be nullified in X5 by the Sigma Virus, which is the Maverick Virus but more evolved)
Sealing (X's Crystal Hunter doesn't work on him)
Transmutation (Wily and Light imply that Rock and Bass stand no chance against X and Zero. As such, they'd naturally be unaffected by power ups like Mine Change)
Information Manipulation (Type 2: Can resist the effects of the Nightmare Virus which can do the following)
Limited Information Analysis (Zero's schematics were deemed a mystery, and his stats were stated to be unknown)

Technique & Weapon Abilities
Air Manipulation (Via Raijinshou and other skills)
Light Manipulation (Via Rekkoha, Tenshouha, etc.)
Water Manipulation (Via Suiretsusen and other skills)
Darkness Manipulation (Via Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku)
Plant Manipulation (Via Youdantotsu)
Explosion Manipulation (Via Danchien)
Limited Power Nullification (Via Tenkuuha: Can nullify the projectiles of enemies)
Metal Manipulation (Via Rakukojin)
Limited Gravity Manipulation (Via Juuhazan)
Surface Scaling (Via Hyoroga)
Invisibility (Via Raikousen)
Homing Attack (Via Fish Fang & Souenbu)
Forms & Armors Abilities + Mega Man X Mega Mission Canonicity
The Carddass stories Mega Man X Mega Mission have canon placements within the timeline. The placements are as follows:
  1. Mega Mission 1 takes place sometime after Mega Man X2 and before Mega Man X3.
  2. Mega Mission 2, 3 & 4 take place sometime after Mega Man X3 and before Mega Man X4.
  3. Giga Mission takes place between X5 and X6.
Not to mention, the Carddass line of stories are acknowledged by Capcom in the Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works.
Items, Weapons, Parts, Chips & Force Metals + Canonicity of Command Mission
While Command Mission is technically a spin-off, it is not a far-removed entry and Capcom treats it as part of the family of main Mega Man X titles. Furthermore, there are references of concepts that originated from this entry that are referenced in other canon entries such as the MMZ Audio Drama Tracks where X & Zero use Final Strike. And most importantly, Mavericks and their stories from this game are present in the Maverick Hunter's Field Guide. Therefore, it should be fine to index abilities from Command Mission.

EX Skills
Zero can transform his Z-Saber in-between forms, as well as adjust the compression and shape of the Z-Saber to his needs (mainly to shape it into different weapons). Below are the following abilities he gets from using the EX skills he gets per weapon.
Forms & Chips
Statistics Amplification & Statistics Reduction (Depending on the form, some stats increase, some decrease), Probability Manipulation (Via Energy Form - Can increase the drop of energy), Elemental Manipulation (Via the 3 Element Chips), Regeneration (Low - Via Head Chips), Free Movement (Via Body and Foot Chips - Can allow him to move in crumbling terrain, slippery floor, spike floors, jump on water surfaces, quick sand, and even ignore the effects of wind and more potent magnets), Enhanced Acrobatics and Intangibility (Via Ultima Chip), Attack Reflection (Via Reflect Chip)

Cyber Elves
By summoning Cyber-Elves, Zero gets more abilities including:

Omega Zero and Aile should get the Innate Abilities & Resistances, as well as abilities due to forms (that aren't Command Mission exclusive at least), techniques and weapons. This is all due to the former literally possessing Zero's original body and the latter possessing Model O.

Note for the Resurrection bit: it is not Game Mechanics. This is due to Cyber Elves in canon having shown the ability to resurrect dead Reploids, most notably the Scrap Elves in Fenri Lunaedge's stage.

Cyber Elves should also get Interdimensional Range due to Cyber Elves being able to re-write data from the naturally existing Cyberspace which is a world that is spatially separate from our own.

The Mother Elf should also get all of the new abilities of Cyber Elves plus her Matter Manipulation being upgraded to Macro-Quantic scale due to her being able to turn Elpizo into a Cyber Elf whose bodies are composed of energy and electrons.

And here is a little sandbox for Zero's skill feats compiled by @Smashtwig. :p

That is all. Any feedback is welcomed. Make sure to keep things civil and I hope there's some good discussion here!

Last edited:
As a person who was there for the entire process of putting this together. I agree. Every single one of these is backed up with a scan or some form of evidence

Healing elves should have some regeneration as well, considering the opening cinematic of MMZ 1 a cyber elf restored Zero who was missing both arms and was in severe disrepair from 100s of years of abandonement.

Edit: I agree with all of the above.

Healing elves should have some regeneration as well, considering the opening cinematic of MMZ 1 a cyber elf restored Zero who was missing both arms and was in severe disrepair from 100s of years of abandonement.
That's what I tried to more or less convey with the Healing bit in the Nurse Cyber Elves section, but I guess Regeneration would fit better, huh?

That's what I tried to more or less convey with the Healing bit in the Nurse Cyber Elves section, but I guess Regeneration would fit better, huh?
Actually healing does cover limb and organ regeneration,my mistake, it’s only regeneration if it’s passive

Although considering the stasis Zero put himself in after the elf wars was referred to as sealing that shut down all his functions

And the cyber elf restored him from that, it might be worth to include

Willy and Light "implying" that Bass and Megaman stand no chance against X and Zero is too much of a speculative reasoning to give them resistance to all their abilities, for all we know they could be really just stronger and faster to the point that hypothetical fight would be short.

And that is not an honest to god resistance to info analysis, their bodies being mysterious just means their technology is hard to comprehend, not that they can't be analyzed when people have run schematics on them many times.

There is a lot to unpack here, these two are the first things that come to my mind.

Didn't Zero tank an ICBM while on it? You could just use that instead.
Yeah. That’s better for Fire Resistances. It's not an ICBM specifically iirc, but missiles are nuclear in nature so... I’ll go ahead and use that if you don't mind. :p
Willy and Light "implying" that Bass and Megaman stand no chance against X and Zero is too much of a speculative reasoning to give them resistance to all their abilities, for all we know they could be really just stronger and faster to the point that hypothetical fight would be short.

And that is not an honest to god resistance to info analysis, their bodies being mysterious just means their technology is hard to comprehend, not that they can't be analyzed when people have run schematics on them many times.
“Mmm… I know this power up can transmute enemies into land mines that has no relevance exists! Why bother making my absolute masterpiece of a combat robot and doomsday machine not be affected by it when such power ups exist in the verse?” Ngl, this point against Transmutation is silly to me at least.

Also, I thought the whole point of Information Analysis is trying to get info on them by analyzing them which scientists of the X series can't. It's a plot point in X6 that Gate designed the Nightmare Investigators with schematics comparable to X & Zero, and they're stated to be literally unanalyzable. Sound like good resistance to Info Analysis to me lol (I get that by the end of the X timeline one could properly analyze it, but that's the whole reason I put Limited in front of it rather than full on Information Analysis, or it could be layered Info Analysis).

EDIT: I just realized, in the credit sequence of X2 and X3, Zero and X's statistics are literally '???????? rp', which leads to the credence that their stats cannot be analyzed canonically lol

Last edited:
Mmm… I know this power up can transmute enemies into land mines that has no relevance exists! Why bother making my absolute masterpiece of a combat robot and doomsday machine not be affected by it when such power ups exist in the verse?” Ngl, this point against Transmutation is silly to me at least.

An assumption of your part tho, not something that is as explicity as your are making it out. We don't give characters resistance to hax of a vague "this guys would not have chance with them" hypothetical scenario.

"Also, I thought the whole point of Information Analysis is trying to get info on them by analyzing them which scientists of the X series can't. It's a plot point in X6 that Gate designed the Nightmare Investigators with schematics comparable to X & Zero, and they're stated to be literally unanalyzable. Sound like good resistance to Info Analysis to me lol (I get that by the end of the X timeline one could properly analyze it, but that's the whole reason I put Limited in front of it rather than full on Information Analysis, or it could be layered Info Analysis)."

Migue, the very text you linked later on mentions that Gale managed to decrypt zero's code based of his dna, and the "unanalyzable" refers to comprehension as I said before.

Info analysis works with basic data such as physical stats and abilities, something that both Zero and X can't plain on hide, their inner work being hard to grasp is less of an ability and more of an statement of how advanced they are.

Migue, the very text you linked later on mentions that Gale managed to decrypt zero's code based of his dna, and the "unanalyzable" refers to comprehension as I said before.

Info analysis works with basic data such as physical stats and abilities, something that both Zero and X can't plain on hide, their inner work being hard to grasp is less of an ability and more of an statement of how advanced they are.
Isoc actually was the one who deciphered it (who's Dr. Wily btw). Also, being able to comprehend something is a key part of analysis. If you can't comprehend something, you can't analyze it. It's that simple. (I'd know this since this is how I've been taught how to analyze it here in labs, they don't **** around with that stuff 😅).

Like, I don't get it. Why does he have to control the ability to be undecipherable for it to be a valid resistance when 90% of all fictional characters have no control over what they end up resisting? It's such a strange thing to argue imo. Like literally, anyone with a scanning ability that allows them to see their stats is just going to see something like the following.
An assumption of your part tho, not something that is as explicity as your are making it out. We don't give characters resistance to hax of a vague "this guys would not have chance with them" hypothetical scenario.
I mean idk. It just really doesn't make sense lore-wise for Rock to literally just be in another room without X or Zero knowing and just turning them into landmines with a literal 1 off power up from some random game. Like I'll admit it's an assumption, but it's not even an unreasonable assumption as you're making it out to be, dude. It's literal lore that X & Zero are superior to Classic era Robots in EVERY WAY, and this is not only currently accepted for our MM profiles, but widely accepted in the casual MM community.

Srry for taking a bit to respond btw. Would've responded a bit quicker but life being life made me take a bit longer. >_<

It's literal lore that X & Zero are superior to Classic era Robots in EVERY WAY, and this is not only currently accepted for our MM profiles, but widely accepted in the casual MM community.
That weapon wouldn't even work on them anyways since Zero is Wily's Greatest Creation and the Robot Masters are immune to that weapon as well as X being immune to it since it's an AOE Blast that doesn't effect Rock at all despite hitting a bunch of shit without even being able to see it on-screen.

Even if you go one by one through Rock's haxes you still find out Zero resists them all individually, at least from an initial glance.

IMHO, the revisions look great, excellent job truly!

Another thing that can backup Zero's resistance to Information Analysis is that the Sigma Virus can avoid being traced and scanned by sensors as explained in the pre-battle dialogue of the intro boss in X5, and the Zero Virus is an offshoot of the Sigma Virus and all.

Don't want to ape on it, but there's a couple of things that could be considered?

He has most of this stuff already, but could be used to further explanations if helpful

For Explosion Manipulation could also be added the Danchien (his down special in X5).

• Information Analysis and Power Mimicry: The Compendium of Rockman X explains that Zero develops his sword techniques by reading the DNA of his enemies and developing a technique based on their abilities adapted to his fighting style.
  • Power Nullification: Via Tenkuuha and Shot Eraser, which allow Zero to dispel incoming projectiles and energy attacks.
  • Extrasensory Perception: Zero and X can perceive Sigma's Virus presence, even when he's concealing himself from scanners. Additionally, Zero mentions he has life sensors.

Resistance to:
  • Technology Manipulation, Transmutation, Information Manipulation (Type 2), Mind and Soul Manipulation: As Migue described in the opening post, Zero resists the Nightmare Virus, and these are described by Alia to be its effects (the only effect Zero and X don't resist are the illusions it causes). Essentially, it rewrittes a Reploid's program by affecting their DNA directly, causing even changes to their physical build (which can be seen in mutated enemies through X6), with a Reploid's program being essentially their mind and X and Zero's case their soul as well.

I… did not think of that when interpreting ESP for X & Zero. Nice catch, bro.

Also, seems fair with the Info Analysis for 0…

Explosion Manip is also fair…

ESP he already has and you even provided further evidence for Info Analysis resistance for 0 inadvertently.

Iffy on Power Null given idk if cancelling out shots by hitting them. I guess the ability’s granted by using a special ability, but it’s still cancelling them out by hitting them.

The Nightmare Virus even possesses the target. Which… makes them even more terrifying! LOL

I’ll add some of the stuff you proposed to my OP after I get back from the library.

Well, my idea with the Power Null is mostly from the description of the chips/parts and the Tenkuuha which tell you that you can cancel or destroy energy shots with them and how before that you can only destroy tangible stuff like missiles and bombs.

Maybe it could be minor Power Nullification? Justifying it blocks weaker projectiles? Granted because it would be pretty busted if the games allowed you to block any energy attack.

Holy crap, yeah, I had forgotten (or more likely, repressed) how most of the time you are struggling with platforming and have to watch as the nightmares slowly crawl to a reploid in need of rescue to just turn them into limping zombies after. Forcing you to reset if you're a completionist

ESP he already has and you even provided further evidence for Info Analysis resistance for 0 inadvertently
Lol, love it.

I think it's specified like that because there's also a Zero.EXE from Battle Network.
Zero and X are present in both MMX and MMZ eras which both are part of the same overarching Megaman timeline, I think even the ( Classic) distinction is fan made an unnecessary since all same name MMBN characters have an .EXE suffix

Absolutely agreed. Also, i should recommend to put the scans for most of these (specially the Neo Armor one), since this will make research easier.

Aaand i still wait for stats upgrade

Well, gotta make sure the shoe fits before putting it for sure. I could be trippin' for all I know. 😅
NONSENSE! Clowns wear oversized shoes just fine!

Yeah, bad jokes aside, it's better to take a long detailed look first. Though given how much cyberspace and similar is used, it's not completely out of question.

I kinda wanna say Surface Scaling a bit sus but it looks like that's just me so I guess I'm ok with it, rest I hadn't mention I'm ok with.

Ok. If no one objects, I am going to go on ahead and implement these revisions to Zero, Omega, Vent/Aile, the Mother Elf and Grey/Ashe's profiles (last peeps is because they have Model ZX so they get Zero's resistances only). :p

Funny this came right as I am working on binge playing the Legacy Collections; with the Zero/ZX one being the one worked on. More than half way through Zero 4, and ZX games come after.

Funny this came right as I am working on binge playing the Legacy Collections; with the Zero/ZX one being the one worked on. More than half way through Zero 4, and ZX games come after.
Does this mean ur gonna play the GV games next because they're also made from Inti Creates?

Back