• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Vs One Piece

He runs a 1v1 gauntlet versus everyone, starting from weakest to strongest. He gets healed after every win. Where does he stop? Or does he clear?

I think he will stop at Brock as he can't hax him to death as he is already dead (while strongest Zeref feat (apart from powers of his creations) was Death Pillar (wchich is at best Cityl Block Level)). He could have some problems with very high tiers, but it is hard to guess what exactly his immortality grants to him (as of his words he wouldn't die after decapication but that also means it is possible to decapicate him)

Uh... anyone forgetting about Law? You know... the instant "I kill everything I deem an enemy" spell? Not to mention the fact that he probably has every elemental magic under the sun and complete mastery of the Black Arts and Demon Summoning. I'm pretty sure he needs a lot more credit than he's being given right about now...

Reppuzan said:
Uh... anyone forgetting about Law? You know... the instant "I kill everything I deem an enemy" spell? Not to mention the fact that he probably has every elemental magic under the sun and complete mastery of the Black Arts and Demon Summoning. I'm pretty sure he needs a lot more credit than he's being given right about now...
Fair enough....he stops at Nami then.

Time Stop then Law, no? Not to mention his ability to instant-kill anything living if he so wishes (or doesn't want wish).

Reppuzan said:
Time Stop then Law, no? Not to mention his ability to instant-kill anything living if he so wishes (or doesn't want wish).
Where do you think he stops? Or do you think he clears?

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
What would franky do against someone who can literally one shot him and cannot be killed?
Cannot be killed?

Is your name screwattack? because you make him sound like some ominpotent charatcer...

and he couldnt land a hit on Franky.

He has immortality type 4 he can be killed just not by anyone in one piece ... And he could land a blow on franky given that his attacks are omnidirectional...

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
He has immortality type 4 he can be killed jus not by anyone in one piece ... And he could land a blow on franky given that his attacks are omnidirectional...
Franky shogun can blow him to nothing.

zeref stops by ice-logia-guy,

ice-man has a immense range and zeref wont be killed but frozen which makes him unable to move, plus he is far away which would mean that zeref magic cant reach him ^_^

PS: blackbeard should be able to negate zerefs magic which would/should make it a roflstomp in BBs favor, even if zeref doesnt die he would mostlikely be ripped into pieces :I (note: i only watched the anime to some extend, i will wait until there are enough episodes for a 2 days marathon therefore i only saw zerefs feats in the tenrou island arc :) )

GreatestSin said:
zeref stops by ice-logia-guy,
ice-man has a immense range and zeref wont be killed but frozen which makes him unable to move, plus he is far away which would mean that zeref magic cant reach him ^_^

PS: blackbeard should be able to negate zerefs magic which would/should make it a roflstomp in BBs favor, even if zeref doesnt die he would mostlikely be ripped into pieces :I (note: i only watched the anime to some extend, i will wait until there are enough episodes for a 2 days marathon therefore i only saw zerefs feats in the tenrou island arc :) )
If Aokiji were to beat him, it wouldn't be like that. If he could be froze just like that, Gray or Silver could beat him, which obviously they can't. Also everything usually corrodes when he's around, I think the same would happen to the Ice.

TripleX6 said:
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
He has immortality type 4 he can be killed jus not by anyone in one piece ... And he could land a blow on franky given that his attacks are omnidirectional...
Franky shogun can blow him to nothing.
I doubt that, seeing as Natsu's casual roars seem to be on a different level than Franky. And unless you think Natsu can beat Zeref with a casual roar, I don't see Franky Shogun beating Zeref.

JoJoFanboy666 said:
If Aokiji were to beat him, it wouldn't be like that. If he could be froze just like that, Gray or Silver could beat him, which obviously they can't. Also everything usually corrodes when he's around, I think the same would happen to the Ice.
gray or silver dont have the same power as aokiji, they can create ice and use ice-things to attack but aokiji is mostly freezing, it would be similar to rukias ice power, it doesnt use ice directly but more like "freezing the enemy", which, (even if it doesnt kill zeref) would at least make him unable to do anything...

PS: did zeref ever use his death-powers on non-living things? i know he has a death-ball that destroys anything it touches but can he use his 360┬░-death-sphere for unorganic stuff too?

GreatestSin said:
JoJoFanboy666 said:
gray or silver dont have the same power as aokiji, they can create ice and use ice-things to attack but aokiji is mostly freezing, it would be similar to rukias ice power, it doesnt use ice directly but more like "freezing the enemy", which, (even if it doesnt kill zeref) would at least make him unable to do anything...
PS: did zeref ever use his death-powers on non-living things? i know he has a death-ball that destroys anything it touches but can he use his 360┬░-death-sphere for unorganic stuff too?
Gray and Silver can both flash freeze bruh
Silver
And Idk about inorganic stuff, I'd have to go and look.
Gray

^from this scans it seems like the range is extremely limited, aokiji would be able to attack from a far place which could be really troublesome for zeref :I

GreatestSin said:
^from this scans it seems like the range is extremely limited, aokiji would be able to attack from a far place which could be really troublesome for zeref :I
It's not really an limited by range thing, I could go and get more scans but I think I've proved my point. Anyways unless you think Silver or Gray could solo Zeref with the same move (which is a definite no, since Gray is pretty scared of Zeref, and Silver wasn't even stronger than one of Zerefs demons, Mard Geer) than I don't think Aojiki wins like that.

^can they do large scale stuff like aokiji? if yes than i concede, if not than i would say that the quanitity makes the difference, unless zeref can use his magic on unorganic stuff in a large scale ^_^

GreatestSin said:
^can they do large scale stuff like aokiji? if yes than i concede, if not than i would say that the quanitity makes the difference, unless zeref can use his magic on unorganic stuff in a large scale ^_^
Seeing as he can do it too an entire village, I think it's a similar enough scale.
Atlas

^than zeref win, im not sure how but ok,

light-dude would than be the only one (and maybe law) who could take him out, (and maybe brook) ^_^

So... all you're telling me is, get someone who can cut space and is indeed faster than himself, put him into the ocean water where he lives the rest of his days, and he never bothers anyone again? Sounds appropriate. Or maybe he'd like to be flash frozen and placed in the coldest environment on the planet. That helps too. But he's not beating anyone above High Tier.

Davy0 said:
So... all you're telling me is, get someone who can cut space and is indeed faster than himself, put him into the ocean water where he lives the rest of his days, and he never bothers anyone again? Sounds appropriate. Or maybe he'd like to be flash frozen and placed in the coldest environment on the planet. That helps too. But he's not beating anyone above High Tier.
I can see Law beating Zeref, but being faster doesn't necessarily grant the win here (Barring people like Kizaru). Immortality + Time Stop + Omnidirectional Death Wave all compensate for his lack of speed. Also I've gone over why Aokiji won't be beating him like that, Silver can do the exact same thing and he's weaker than Mard Geer (One of Zerefs demons), so unless you think Silver can solo with the same move, I don't see flash freezing doing much. Also I'd like to point out that it takes much colder temperatures to Freeze gasseous air, or something like a tornado (something Gray has done), than it does to freeze sections of ocean (Aokiji's best freezing feat)...and Gray is scared of Zeref.

He doesn't use that voluntarily though, it comes in surges. Law has the ability to cut him up, and to even sever him completely so he doesn't connect back with his body. If you can find a source that says he regenerates lost limbs you come find me. Gamma Knife for the bloody frickin' win.

Davy0 said:
He doesn't use that voluntarily though, it comes in surges. Law has the ability to cut him up, and to even sever him completely so he doesn't connect back with his body. If you can find a source that says he regenerates lost limbs you come find me. Gamma Knife for the bloody frickin' win.
Oh I never said Law doesn't beat him, in fact I said I see Law beating him. I was just addressing the Speed and Freezing argument you brought up.

Usually in a fight, along with destructive capacity, speed determines the winner. Same with real life, if you can't touch what you can't see, then it doesn't matter what their durability is, because that means they can dodge any attack you throw at them, so what it would depend on most is hax, and if the hax isn't strong enough to be a threat, such as strong regenerative powers, and such, that won't matter either, especially if their destructive capacity is far above that of such powers. Not every series relies on hax to get its job done.

It is important to note that hax can easily override other factors if it's potent enough. If Zeref was really out to kill everyone he could just unleash a constant wave of death that kills everything he walks by. Anything that gets remotely close to him dies and if he starts with a time stop there is almost no stopping him. He could literally take his time and if they're all going at him at once he has a very good shot and killing them if they have no knowledge of his capabilities. Considering the fact that he has Type 4 Immortality durability is almost a non-factor since he can't be killed.

He could be blitzed by Law, but if he starts out bloodlusted while radiating death there's no stopping him.

No. It doesn't, some hax may be that way, but when it gets too bad, then it becomes a NLF. Especially if you say that this hax overrides the fact that characters are a few tiers above one another in pseed when its hax against non-hax, so that's complete BS.

I understand that, but remember the fact that the vast majority of characters in One Piece are melee fighters. A NLF is when something that is poorly explained is taken to extreme lengths. I'm just saying that if Zeref wanted to kill something everyone would have to kill him from a distance because once they get close they drop dead. It's not a NLF because yes we know how it works (if he wants to kill something he has more control over his powers and can direct the curse at his targets and anyone struck by it is killed instantly unless they have some sort of special charm to avert death). Assuming they have no knowledge of his abilities there is a very good chance that Zeref could take it all the way up to the high tiers of One Piece as a result (i.e. Luffy would drop dead as soon as gets close enough to punch Zeref).

Zeref's durability is pretty passable too, taking hits from Natsu casually which will easily get him through most of the Low-Mid Tiers of One Piece.

You must not be reading One Piece, because the amount of hax they have is pretty big and pretty good. Melee fighters or not it doesn't really matter. It's not pretty passable. Characters as they are now, at Top-High Tier Level for example should be Mountain Busting+ with the showings from characters like Luffy. Gotta tell ya, Fairy Tail isn't that close to that for its own Hig hTiers, and showings for the Top Tiers have been casual so they still have room to grow. So once again, Zeref isn't winning. He's either getting cut by the Gamma Knife ability, Space Cutting ability which takes no charge time, etc, etc.

Davy0 said:
Usually in a fight, along with destructive capacity, speed determines the winner. Same with real life, if you can't touch what you can't see, then it doesn't matter what their durability is, because that means they can dodge any attack you throw at them, so what it would depend on most is hax, and if the hax isn't strong enough to be a threat, such as strong regenerative powers, and such, that won't matter either, especially if their destructive capacity is far above that of such powers. Not every series relies on hax to get its job done.
I'm well aware of this, and I've addressed this. Time Stop is a great counter to speed (Since they aren't a moving target anymore), Omnidirectional attacks are also very effecient against speed (Kinda hard to dodge these kind of attacks lol). And if you're suggesting Time Stop and Death Wave aren't strong enough hax, than I have no Idea what kind of hax you all a "threat". Speed just doesn't seem to be a major factor to me in this gauntlet (Except for good ol' Borsalino), his hax seems a good enough counter. Plus his immortality has been pretty hyped up (He can live even if decapitated).

I'm not saying he beats One Piece. I'm almost certain that the Admirals can stop him or at least bury him so he can't do a thing. I'm jsut saying that he deserves a hella lot more credit than a number of people are giving him. The point is that close combat is impossible against Zeref, and given the fact that the vast majority of One Piece (even its high tiers) is melee focused (looking at Zoro, Garp, Rayleigh, Luffy, and Sanji), Zeref has a good shot at clearing most of One Piece, only stopping at the Top Tiers. Not to mention the fact that he's armed with powerful omnidirectional spells and can casually crush that isn't a dragon with ease.

There's no point in being immortal if you can't pull yourself back together Zeref loses plain and simple, he's like Hidan sure he's immortal but if you blow him to bits or cut him apart, etc,etc he's just as well dead.

Back