• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zer0 (Borderlands) vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

Now THIS is a dream matchup.

Too bad Raiden just enters Blade or Ripper mode and cuts him apart.
Eh wouldn't bet on it, Zer0 has always been a range fighter so he can shoot Raiden from a distance plus with homing grenades' and if you try to bring the argument that Raiden can just slice the bullets and get close, Borderlands gun have elemental effect that would still explode on contact(they even have Explosive as a element) Plus all the ******* Stats Amps on the Borderlands characters from their skill trees(B0RE being a big one), Artifact that also boost stats, Slag which is confirmed to be 10x, the bee shield, etc.

Decepti0n Plus with Unf0rseen it will very likely surprise Raiden, allowing Zer0 to keep his distance and shoot far

Decepti0n Plus with Unf0rseen it will very likely surprise Raiden, allowing Zer0 to keep his distance and shoot far
except Raiden has augmented vision and spends all MGR fighting opponents who ambush him by being invisible. i'm pretty sure Zer0 just doesn't have a feasible wincon here, if he doesn't blitz and oneshot him with Blade mode, he AP stomps with Ripper mode and RPL

Yeah, plus Raiden's Type 2 Immortality and crazy Stamina allowing him to fight through a fuckton of damage he should be fine FRA.

Yeah, plus Raiden's Type 2 Immortality and crazy Stamina allowing him to fight through a fuckton of damage he should be fine FRA.
Zer0 scales far above 232 kilotons from fodder loader bots that can be manhandle from the beginning of the game, plus with all the amps also including Slag which time 10 amp. Zer0 just shoots once with any gun.

Both Can oneshot each other, but I believe Zer0 just has a better chance because of Deception

I am pretty sure that Ripper mode gives Raiden a better amp. I'll check how much does it boost him in a moment.

EDIT: Huh, nevermind. Ripper mode is only a x7 amp.

I am pretty sure that Ripper mode gives Raiden a better amp. I'll check how much does it boost him in a moment.

EDIT: Huh, nevermind. Ripper mode is only a x7 amp.
Wasn't it just a boost in speed?

Even if it isnt Zer0s slag amp is higher along with other amps(Shields,artifact,skilltree)

Plus Ill say it something controversial to many hell this might even get me banned, but here it goes

Guns > sword

Guns > sword
Maybe in borderlands, in MGR guns are 100% useless
Zer0 scales far above 232 kilotons from fodder loader bots that can be manhandle from the beginning of the game, plus with all the amps also including Slag which time 10 amp. Zer0 just shoots once with any gun.
Raiden no-sold the 121 kt feat after getting lynched for 15 minutes. He went from getting no sold to being stronger than Armstrong in like 5 minutes, this Ap difference is nowhere near enough to even matter against him. Also no, Zer0 can't oneshot Raiden because of his stupidly strong Immortality and because a not even 2X AP difference is almost irrelevant, nowhere near enough to oneshot. Seriously, by the time he even reaches Zer0, the AP gap won't exist anymore, just look at what happened with Monsoon and his copy

Raiden gets into range, negs invisibility with augmented vision and blitzes him with Blade mode

Maybe in borderlands, in MGR guns are 100% useless
I get this reasoning because I’ve also played MGR and yeah IN MGR guns are basically useless.

Borderlands guns are completely different to anything Raiden has to ever seen. The amount of different weapons Zer0 has to just get the first shot first is better than sword slash. Borderlands has gun like the Inifity which literally shoots for infinity, Unkempt Harold which basically shoots out multiple shoot with every shot fired which can be spammed, and the Norfleet which is a rocket launcher that has AOE damage. And there far more weapons Zer0 has at his disposal that I’m not even scratching the surface, these Uniqueness of these guns will ensure for Zer0 to get the first hit.

Raiden no-sold the 121 kt feat after getting lynched for 15 minutes. He went from getting no sold to being stronger than Armstrong in like 5 minutes, this Ap difference is nowhere near enough to even matter against him. Also no, Zer0 can't oneshot Raiden because of his stupidly strong Immortality and because a not even 2X AP difference is almost irrelevant, nowhere near enough to oneshot. Seriously, by the time he even reaches Zer0, the AP gap won't exist anymore, just look at what happened with Monsoon and his copy

Raiden gets into range, negs invisibility with augmented vision and blitzes him with Blade mode
Raiden has insane RE but that the thing, it takes time for him to get to that level, which isnt going to happen because in he is still going to be oneshot and I’ll explain why. The 232 kilotons feat comes from the loader bots, which are the basic bitch fodders that are literally destroyed by Salvador in the beginning cutscene(also there are many loader bots that weigh far more than the basic LB putting Zer0 AP even higher... only promble is nobody calculated the results yet).

Also it isn’t just a 2x difference, Slag literally in the lore states by Jack is a 10x in terms of AP so it’s the 232 kilotons that Zer0 scales far above(and remember it can be even higher) but also with Slag ensures Zer0 just to pull out and gun and shoot once, hell he can just throw homing grenades just to distract Raiden just to shoot him with any gun, and no RE takes time which isn’t going to be the case because Zer0 Amps will be way higher than what Raiden can survive(and it’s not just Slag, he has multiple items to boost him self even further)

Both can one shot each other again, but Zer0 has more range options than Raiden sword

Borderlands gun are completely different to anything Raiden has to ever seen. The amount of different weapons Zer0 has to just get the first shot first is better than sword slash. Borderlands has gun like the Inifity which literally shoots for infinity
oh, you mean exactly like The Boss' Patriot, which was made in the fifties in the MG universe?
Unkempt Harold which basically shoots out multiple shoot with every shot fired which can be spammed
Nothing noteworthy
and the Norfleet which is a rocket launcher that has AOE damage
so, like every rocket launcher worth its money?
And there far more weapons Zer0 has at his disposal that I’m not even scratching the surface, these Uniqueness of these guns will ensure for Zer0 to get the first hit.
These guns are nothing special and Raiden's whole job is getting around guns, he'll figure it out, especially when they start at like 100 meters apart, a gap that can be closed in a minute at most
Raiden has insane RE but that the thing, it takes time for him to get to that level, which isnt going to happen because in he is still going to be oneshot and I’ll explain why. The 232 kilotons feat comes from the loader bots, which are the basic bitch fodders that are literally destroyed by Salvador in the beginning cutscene(also there are many loader bots that weigh far more than the basic LB putting Zer0 AP even higher... only promble is nobody calculated the results yet).
again, no amount of upscale from a 2X AP gap is enough for a oneshot, none. In order to oneshot an opponent you need something like a more than 10X gap, a gap Raiden has canonically covered in less than 10 minutes. Raiden also upscales insanely from the 121 kt feat, having tanked it with no damage while extremely weakened and scaling above Armstrong, who tanked it without even needing his nanomachines. Raiden's RE takes minutes at most, but it's not like he'll even need it, since he can insta kill Zero with BM
Also it isn’t just a 2x difference, Slag literally in the lore states by Jack is a 10x in terms of AP so it’s the 232 kilotons that Zer0 scales far above(and remember it can be even higher) but also with Slag ensures Zer0 just to pull out and gun and shoot once, hell he can just throw homing grenades just to distract Raiden just to shoot him with any gun, and no RE takes time which isn’t going to be the case because Zer0 Amps will be way higher than what Raiden can survive(and it’s not just Slag, he has multiple items to boost him self even further)
Man, who do you think Raiden is? "distract him with a homing grenade"? You are talking about a pg who as an 8 year old had a record breaking killscore and was a one-man army, a guy who mastered swordfight to a degree where he could beat arguably the best swordsman in the world in less than a minute, he's not gonna get distracted by a run at the mill homing grenade and he's not gonna get hit by any bullets, he has a whole technique based entirely on cutting bullets in mid air while he runs. Also yeah, I guess add skillstomp to Raiden's win-list; there's also the matter of how in-character it is for Zero to stay out of range and shoot or to amp, and I'm like 90% sure Zero is an assassin and goes invisible to ambush his opponent as an opening move, which will get him killed every time, because the AP gap is irrelevant when Raiden can become 10 times faster on a whim and turn him into mincemeat

oh, you mean exactly like The Boss' Patriot, which was made in the fifties in the MG universe?

Nothing noteworthy

so, like every rocket launcher worth its money?

These guns are nothing special and Raiden's whole job is getting around guns, he'll figure it out, especially when they start at like 100 meters apart, a gap that can be closed in a minute at most
So not gonna lie feel like this is my fault for not showing the guns instead of just describing them with a wall of text so my bad dude. But as a person who played MG3, MG5, and MGR vs all of the Borderlands games they are not comparable at all

MGS guns are based on real life normal stuff nothing to crazy or out of this world

Borderlands guns are complete different in every way hell the first gun in this video tracks the target with the text “Dodge this” it’s also E-tech which basically means there no way in hell Raiden can cut it. Not that it matters because even if he does try to cut the bullets, they would still explode with there respect elements still making it hit Raiden(also the guns in the video fire way faster, this video was just to show what each gun could do)

again, no amount of upscale from a 2X AP gap is enough for a oneshot, none. In order to oneshot an opponent you need something like a more than 10X gap, a gap Raiden has canonically covered in less than 10 minutes. Raiden also upscales insanely from the 121 kt feat, having tanked it with no damage while extremely weakened and scaling above Armstrong, who tanked it without even needing his nanomachines. Raiden's RE takes minutes at most, but it's not like he'll even need it, since he can insta kill Zero with BM
Actually from what I heard the gap to one shot is 7.5 or maybe they update it I don’t remember? But again not that it matters because this fight isn’t going to last for a minutes, because you still haven’t taken to account that Zer0 doesn’t just have Slag which is a higher boost than Raiden but multiple others way to boost, the Bee shield literally keep amping the Vault hunter till they get hit, relics increase weapons damage and fire rate which will allow bullets to hit harder and faster. And even his actions skills you sent taking into account, Decepti0n by itself gives out a flat 200% amp to weapons, B0re give another 100% amp to his weapons and that’s just 2 of ST that will boost Zero to the point of killing Raiden one shot.

Raiden ups scales to 131 kilotons? Ok let’s check out Zer0

Loader bots(232)<<Knuckle Dragger< Boom Bewm<<Captain Flynt<Bad Maw<<W4R-D3N<<<Whilelm(poisoned)<<BloodWong<<<<BNK-3R<<<<<The Warrior

Also remember 232 is still higher than 131 it doesn’t matter how you spin it Zer0 is always going to be stronger, and all of that plus is 10x which is better than 7x along with his many other amps, this fight isn’t going to take minutes, because all they both need is to hit each other once, Raiden with his HF blade and Zer0 by literally doing anything with his weapons.
Man, who do you think Raiden is? "distract him with a homing grenade"? You are talking about a pg who as an 8 year old had a record breaking killscore and was a one-man army, a guy who mastered swordfight to a degree where he could beat arguably the best swordsman in the world in less than a minute, he's not gonna get distracted by a run at the mill homing grenade and he's not gonna get hit by any bullets, he has a whole technique based entirely on cutting bullets in mid air while he runs. Also yeah, I guess add skillstomp to Raiden's win-list; there's also the matter of how in-character it is for Zero to stay out of range and shoot or to amp, and I'm like 90% sure Zero is an assassin and goes invisible to ambush his opponent as an opening move, which will get him killed every time, because the AP gap is irrelevant when Raiden can become 10 times faster on a whim and turn him into mincemeat
Yeah distracted by homing grenade wasn’t the right sentence lol. I meant more that with all the projectiles and grenades all around Raider is more than going to slip up

Also for the in character argument Zer0 is literally the sniper of the game of course he’s going to use his guns why would he just limit him self to the sword? Even in TFTB and BL3 while he uses his weapons every other time we see him using guns.

Raiden speed amp only matters when he’s up close which isn’t going to be the case because Zer0 due to his fat AP advantage he will one shot before RE or Raiden gets up close

Also question Twellas were you the one that made the MGS crt? Because if you did can I ask what the hell happened in the thread?

MGS guns are based on real life normal stuff nothing to crazy or out of this world

Borderlands guns are complete different in every way hell the first gun in this video tracks the target with the text “Dodge this” it’s also E-tech which basically means there no way in hell Raiden can cut it. Not that it matters because even if he does try to cut the bullets, they would still explode with there respect elements still making it hit Raiden(also the guns in the video fire way faster, this video was just to show what each gun could do)
The guns being"wacky" means nothing, they are guns, they shoot bullets mostly, slightly different bullets, but still bullets that can be deflected. I genuinely don't understand the point about E-tech, what do you mean?
But again not that it matters because this fight isn’t going to last for a minutes
This fight is gonna last however long Raiden wants it to, he's so much more skilled it's not even funny, it's like a kid against a boxing champion. Jetstream Sam when he was an average human was already skilled enough to take on rooms full of armed soldiers comparable to him without getting hit once
because you still haven’t taken to account that Zer0 doesn’t just have Slag which is a higher boost than Raiden but multiple others way to boost, the Bee shield literally keep amping the Vault hunter till they get hit, relics increase weapons damage and fire rate which will allow bullets to hit harder and faster. And even his actions skills you sent taking into account, Decepti0n by itself gives out a flat 200% amp to weapons, B0re give another 100% amp to his weapons and that’s just 2 of ST that will boost Zero to the point of killing Raiden one shot.
Nothing of what you just said is on Zer0's profile. You can have all the AP boosts you want, Raiden goes Blade mode and turns him into ribbons before he can react on top of being so much more skilled that he just runs circles around whatever Zero can do
Raiden ups scales to 131 kilotons? Ok let’s check out Zer0

Loader bots(232)<<Knuckle Dragger< Boom Bewm<<Captain Flynt<Bad Maw<<W4R-D3N<<<Whilelm(poisoned)<<BloodWong<<<<BNK-3R<<<<<The Warrior

Also remember 232 is still higher than 131 it doesn’t matter how you spin it Zer0 is always going to be stronger, and all of that plus is 10x which is better than 7x along with his many other amps
see previous comment. Raiden becomes more than 7x stronger by the minute, he covered his Ripper Mode amp in the time it took him from defeating Monsoon to reaching Monsoon's copy. He's also no stranger to getting beat up by characters who are monumentally stronger than him and is literally immortal and immune to any lethal damage short of complete destruction of the brain. Even if we actually say that Zer0's guns can blow holes into him and tear off his arms, it literally won't make a lick of difference
this fight isn’t going to take minutes, because all they both need is to shit each other once, Raiden with his HF blade and Zer0 by literally doing anything with his weapons.
Except Zer0 is never going to hit Raiden because Raiden is MONUMENTALLY more skilled and has a thought based amp that makes him 10 times faster on top of his whole job being about dodging/deflecting bullets
I meant more that with all the projectiles and grenades all around Raider is more than going to slip up
He won't, simple as that, someone on Raiden's level doesn't "slip up"
Raiden speed amp only matters when he’s up close which isn’t going to be the case because Zer0 due to his fat AP advantage he will one shot before RE or Raiden gets up close
...no? It matters whenever he uses it, because he can use it to dodge the bullets. Also HF blades have range that's significantly higher than the actual sword
Also question Twellas were you the one that made the MGS crt? Because if you did can I ask what the hell happened in the thread?
yes I was, no, I can't say what happened because I still don't know what the **** happened myself lmao

Why would that one shot him with raidens insane stamina, Acrobatics, and immortality
Because of scaling from 232 kilotons as seen above, all the amps like slag that are a 10x amp, with ST like decepti0n and B0re both amp to 300%, the relics that amp him as well, the shields that also continually amps him further, and he has weapons that have homing that he can’t just deflect He just one shots before Raiden get close to him

This fight basically boils down to a toddler with a gun against a martial art expert who dodges bullets for a living and will only die if you shoot him in a specific place

This fight basically boils down to a toddler with a gun against a martial art expert who dodges bullets for a living and will only die if you shoot him in a specific place
Pretty much, yeah. I like Zer0, but there's no ******* way he can hit Raiden, let alone kill him, thanks to that Insane Skill + Speed Amp.

Well now that Raiden lost his RE Zer0 wins this now.

Also I hate that you guys are completely disrespecting Zer0, he’s literally one of the most skilled assassins in the entire galaxy, he had completed hundreds of missions with out being detected, he also has complete mastery of all firearms and sword, again he probably not as skill but a "child having a gun" is a complete insult.

So let’s recap

Zer0
+Has the AP Advantage in spades without Amps
+Has multiple Amps that increase his AP advantage to the point of one shoting
+With his action skill it will be a 2 on 1
+Has long range options compared to Raiden sword
+Has multiple weapons that have homing properties meaning Raiden can’t dodge
+If Raiden try’s(and will) slicing at Zer0 elemental bullets they would just explode on contact still damming him
+E-tech tracks and can’t be sliced due to its eridian properties.
+B0re will show Zer0 where to hit Raiden weak spots , likely crippling him during the fight

Raiden
+Is very likely more skilled
+HF blade will one shot if he gets close enough
+ Will likely beat Zer0 in a sword fight
+Can know where Zer0 is all the time, even if Zer0 is invisible

Last edited:
For those who voted for Raiden would you like to change your vote or will you still make a case for Raiden?

Reactive Power Level barely matters here, Raiden still negates durability and can deflect fully automatic gunfire without need of Blade Mode.

Oh wow I forgot that I made this thread. I never knew why lol Zer0 and others Vault Hunter are needed for there upgrade

Back