• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeno minor ability addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a skill like any other
This is like saying that "Nonduality is a skill like any other"

Little does he know what i'm planning
mqdefault.jpg

well in the spanish scan for wov the word concept doesn't actually need to mean in powerscaling terms so 'concept' doesn't mean anything here
I...What? Concept is an universal term, unless it is in an extremly specific context. And what would it be the interpretation, anyways

Type 2 is if the thing lacks its own concept, not others.
Wait, I am confused

This is type 2
Conceptual Nonexistence: These are characters for which one or multiple concepts, that are necessary for their own existence, are nonexistent. They are hence immune to regular manipulation of said concept(s). Which type of concept should be mentioned on the profile.
This is type 5
Other: These characters lack some other fundamental aspect that would be necessary for a normal being's existence or have a nonexistent one. Examples would include things like lacking a history. They are hence immune to abilities that target that respective aspect. Which aspect should be mentioned on the profile, together with any detail regarding what it makes them immune to.

Type 2 deals with lack of concepts, type 5 deals with other aspects that are not type 1-4 (spiritual, conceptual, mind and information)

Or am I reading it wrong?

Wait, I am confused

This is type 2

This is type 5

Type 2 deals with lack of concepts, type 5 deals with other aspects that are not type 1-4 (spiritual, conceptual, mind and information)

Or am I reading it wrong?
Type 2 is for beings who lack their own concept, like if X is NEP due to lacking the concept of X.

If a guy called Y is NEP and lacks the concept of soul, it doesn't mean that Y has NEP aspect 2, just aspect 1 as they don't lack their own concept. Giratina lacks the concepts of space-time, yet it doesn't have Aspect 2, to say.

I am proposing Type 5 off the place lacking space-time, which isn't an aspect that fits the previous 4.

Type 2 is for beings who lack their own concept, like if X is NEP due to lacking the concept of X.
Yes
If a guy called Y is NEP and lacks the concept of soul, it doesn't mean that Y has NEP aspect 2, just aspect 1 as they don't lack their own concept.
This is a special case tho as type 1 handles souls already, he'll be type 1 because type 1 is the aspect that deals in souls/spirits and depending on if type 1 also covers the concept of soul or just the aspects, he may get both 1 and 2 to signify both the concept and aspect.
Giratina lacks the concepts of space-time, yet it doesn't have Aspect 2, to say.
Giratina lacks a SPIRIT, that's why it's type 1, it's literally specified
Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 1; Giratina embodies the concept of Nothingness/Nonexistence. Lacks a spirit)

I am proposing Type 5 off the place lacking space-time, which isn't an aspect that fits the previous 4.
And I was pointing out that of it doesn't just lack space and time, it lacks the very concepts of them, which is why it's type 2, if it simply lacked the aspects of space and time without the mention of the concepts then yes, it would be type 5

EDIT:
I may be misunderstanding this thread, I rechecked the OP and it seems he's only arguing for the aspects not the concepts, I may be wrong but if that's the case, it would be type 5, I probably saw arguments about the concepts in other posts here and assumed that's what this thread was going for

Last edited:
This is a false equivalency as type 1 handles souls already, he'll be type 1 because type 1 is the aspect that deals in souls/spirits and depending on if type 1 also covers the concept of soul or just the aspects, he may get both 1 and 2 to signify both the concept and aspect, but using. If there was an aspect that dealt with space and time alone, then this analogy may work
No. Type 2 isn't just lacking concepts, but concepts that are necessary for their existence. Hence my analogy indeed works as in this case the concept of soul isn't necessary for its existence.
Giratina lacks a SPIRIT, that's why it's type 1, it's literally specified
I swore to god that I belived he had Type 5 due to the realm lacking the concepts of space and time. Outdated it seems.

But yes, should be Aspect 5 and none else, as it's not like space and time are necessary for the WoV.

No. Type 2 isn't just lacking concepts, but concepts that are necessary for their existence. Hence my analogy indeed works as in this case the concept of soul isn't necessary for its existence.
I mean this is not something that is assumed tho is it?, it has to be specified that the concept it lacks is not necessary for it to exist especially when it does to spacetime and Dimensions/worlds as it is literally the building block of the existence of dimensions

If WoV literary exists outside the need for concepts of spacetime as you say that would make it have BDE, it it simply lacks the concept of spacetime necessary for its existence which imo, should be the assumed stance as it's the one with the least assumptions, it's NEP type 2
But yes, should be Aspect 5 and none else, as it's not like space and time are necessary for the WoV.
If concepts of space and time aren't necessary, that means you're suggesting WoV is BDE in nature as it would be independent of it

But yes, for this thread, type 5 would be the correct one

I mean this is not something that is assumed tho is it?, it has to be specified that the concept it lacks is not necessary for it to exist especially when it does to spacetime and Dimensions/worlds as it is literally the building block of the existence of dimensions
Why do we need it to be spoonfed? It's clear it doesn't need space and time for its existence, otherwise it'd already have them without GP.
If concepts of space and time aren't necessary, that means you're suggesting WoV is BDE in nature as it would be independent of it
Prolly? Monika has Type 1 BDE due to lacking space-time as well.

Why do we need it to be spoonfed? It's clear it doesn't need space and time for its existence, otherwise it'd already have them without GP.
I mean isn't that the entire point of NEP? A character lacks an aspect that would normally be essential to its existence? Spacetime is an issue because a dimension lacking it can either be NEP or BDE, but imo, unless a dimension is specified to be independent of space and time, it should simply be NPE
Prolly? Monika has Type 1 BDE due to lacking space-time as well.
She has both NEP and BDE, in fact, her BDE is also due to her limited NEP, and due to existing after her file completely deleted, basically rendering her independent from the cosmology
Limited Nonexistent Physiology (Nature Type 1, Aspect Types 2, 3, 4 & 5) and Incorporeality (Appears as corrupted visuals and can still act and use her powers after having her Character File deleted,[1] which means that, other than getting deleted from history, it causes the erasure of the target's concept, information and plot, with files also shaping one's personality,[1] mind[2] and memories,[2] as it was done to other characters and to Monika herself.[4] However it should be noted that while her existence isn't bound to these aspects in the game, she does not start in this state, but with a physical body, as she described being deleted for the first time as painful[1]). Monika gains the following powers when she is in her Nonexistent state:
Immortality (Type 5)
Acausality (Type 4; After getting her character file deleted, she shouldn't get bound anymore from neither causality nor plot, as the files in the DDLC world are what makes reality, time, causality, script and so on, with further proof being her sending a letter to the Player after the deletion of the whole game[4])
Beyond-Dimensional Existence (Type 1; After getting her character file deleted, she should lack space-time features as the files in the DDLC world are what makes reality, time and so on)

I mean isn't that the entire point of NEP? A character lacks an aspect that would normally be essential to its existence? Spacetime is an issue because a dimension lacking it can either be NEP or BDE, but imo, unless a dimension is specified to be independent of space and time, it should simply be NPE
Any you have to prove that space and time would be necessary to it, which you didn't.
She has both NEP and BDE, in fact, her BDE is also due to her limited NEP, and due to existing after her file completely deleted, basically rendering her independent from the cosmology
I've EXACTLY thought that you'd come to this. Monika is Aspect 2 also because of Files making up one's existence, and Monika is that due to her still existing after getting her file deleted, which in-verse is Type 2 concept.

So not exactly a right equivalence, I've only mentioned her because of having both BDE and NEP.

Any you have to prove that space and time would be necessary to it, which you didn't.
Occam's razor, it takes less assumptions to argue that space time is necessary for a dimension than otherwise, this NEP is the most likely stance with no further context
I've EXACTLY thought that you'd come to this. Monika is Aspect 2 also because of Files making up one's existence, and Monika is that due to her still existing after getting her file deleted, which in-verse is Type 2 concept.

So not exactly a right equivalence, I've only mentioned her because of having both BDE and NEP.
Which brings up back to, is it easier to assume that spacetime is essential to a dimension or not?

In her case she's literally outside the boundaries of he verse which is why she got acausality type 4 as well, I mean her example is clear

The WoV is inside a hyper timeline, is affected and copied by the formation of new timelines. There is no proof at all that it exists independently of space time, and it takes more assumptions to argue that it does , unless in this wiki a dimension lacking space time is instead assumed to be BDE? If not, my personal stance is NEP tbh, not BDE

Occam's razor, it takes less assumptions to argue that space time is necessary for a dimension than otherwise, this NEP is the most likely stance with no further context
My guy, if you can exist without something, then its concept isn't necessary for ya. If you wanna argue like this, then any void that exists outside space-time is conceptually nonexistent.
There is no proof at all that it exists independently of space time
If you lack something, you're already independent from it, this is why for example lacking a soul makes you independent from the concept of those.
unless in this wiki a dimension lacking space time is instead assumed to be BDE?
Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms and are often unaffected by Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.

So yeah, it is.

My stance is the void having both NEP (Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 5) and BDE (Type 1).

My guy, if you can exist without something, then its concept isn't necessary for ya. If you wanna argue like this, then any void that exists outside space-time is conceptually nonexistent.

If you lack something, you're already independent from it, this is why for example lacking a soul makes you independent from the concept of those.

Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms and are often unaffected by Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.

So yeah, it is.

My stance is the void having both NEP (Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 5) and BDE (Type 1).
Here

Type 5, from what i understand.

done, let me know if I made a mistake.

In that case, it should probably get both , since existing without spacetime and being independent from space time are basically the same thing, but unlike other aspects, being independent of space time also gives BDE.
So yeah, it is.

Another thread would be needed to add the BDE in this case

Right

Congratulations, it was incredible.

I don't think subspace is accepted as part of DBS cosmology

Also both scans for WoV and subspace aren't working for me, are they working for you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back