• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: Demise's curse

So, this was something I was talking about with other guys offsite and I thought it may be a good idea to bring this up.

First off, I'm going to quote here the curse in question.

"Human! Having been able to overcome me... You are a strong human!!

Splendid. But, remember... This is not over...

My hatred... The curse of the Demon Tribe... They shall continously go on reincarnating until the end of all times.

Do not forget it! I shall repeat it!!

You people shall... You people who possess the blood of the Goddess and the soul of hero shall... forever be unable to escape from this curse!

This hatred and grude... Its evolution shall forever painfully wander across this blood-stained "Dark Sea" along with you lowlifes forever!!"

Translation from here

So, in context this curse is supposed to explain how Ganondorf, who, prior to Skyward Sword, was "just" a Gerudo King obsessed with power (and often but not always with the Triforce of Power), could manage to always come back from literally anything the verse tried to throw at him. This included death via weapons that negate his regen, sealing multiple times, BFR to other worlds, having its consciousness fused with an another being but still managing to come back, botched resurrection that damaged his soul and so on.

Thing is, even though we're currently considering it Immortality, said curse helped Ganondorf in other ways that Immortality wouldn't cover. Furthermore, the curse is not only talking about how "Immortal" he is, but about Ganon's ability to always come back "Its evolution shall forever painfully wander across this blood-stained "Dark Sea" along with you lowlifes forever!!"

So, I've discussed a bit about it with Wokista, and he told me that something that would force someone to always come back this way would be Fate Manipulation. I forgot to add, but this is obviously non-combat applicable.

TL;DR Add Fate Manipulation to Demise and probably remove Ganon's type 8.

Also add Fate Manipulation to the Triforce because "When I possess the Triforce... The world's future shall be forever ruled by the Demon Tribe!!" which is definitely not metaphorical speech ovo

Fate Manipulation would be combat applicable if it didn´t need ridiculously high timeframes for it to work

But yeah, this seems good.

Makes a lot of sense actually, and as you mention the way Ganon just keeps coming back seems much more powerful than any sort of Regenerationn and immortality (barring the top godly tiers, of course).

But he also applies the curse on Link so they will all be locked in eternal combat I mean he's the main reason why link keeps coming back too right?

"You people who possess the blood of the Goddess and the soul of hero shall... forever be unable to escape from this curse!" Link only comes back because of Demise's curse too no? So by proxy he should weirdly benifit from it I mean he got killed in the downfall time line but green boy still came back so Link either has a curse or something similar powering him up like Ganondorf.

That's some ridiculous Fate manip so good that it made Ganondorf a strong boy.... So could Demise's curse basically say "OK you will die" Will it happen or is it not that strong?

"Do not forget! I shall repeat it!!"

How kind of Demise. Link is slow taking notes.

WAIT WAIT WAIT Wait didn't Link had the true Master Sword when that happened and that weapon can resist evil, curse to an insane degree and you are telling me after all these years and upgrading the MS to the golden Master it wasn't able to repale or remove Demise's curse?

Damn that's one strong curse.

So I read the prequel manga included in the HH and apparently Hylia's the one who has Link reincarnate, though Link specifically. Not entirely sure if that's relevant here.

The real cal howard said:
So I read the prequel manga included in the HH and apparently Hylia's the one who has Link reincarnate, though Link specifically. Not entirely sure if that's relevant here.
So does it works like Demise's curse but more of a blessing?

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Back